BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Middlesbrough (A) - Match Thread

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Humour me then, quote those posts, there’s 1, literally 1 that I can see

He’s had his share of criticism but he’s a keeper, mistakes lead to goals and that gets highlighted, look at Raya today 

I really couldn't be bothered. Take a look yourself. 

Look at Raya? They won 5-1 today so I doubt anyone cares what he did. 

Walton - 8.5, his kicking was so so today, he could have done better with the equaliser, but made a couple of world class saves including one in the first half

Nyambe - 6, not his best game, let the Boro players go behind his back a couple of times.

Lenihan 6.5, didn’t make any mistakes but struggled a little bit with Fletcher

Tosin - 6, he nearly made a fatal mistake during the first half when he almost assisted one of Boro players

Bell - 7, had a good game. Better than usual, but needs replacing in the summer

Downing -7.5, started brightly. Was very active and tried dribbling through players. Got tired and faded away thou

Travis - 9, some people said he was having an off game, but I thought he was exceptional. Great energy and an amazing goal.

Holtby - n/a couldn’t really do much, was active before his injury thou. Id give him 7

Gallagher - 5.5, he runs a lot I will give him that, but god he is not a very good footballer is he? Cant win a header, cant pass the ball, cant finish..

Rankin Costello - 6, first start for the lad. Didn’t create anything going forward, but tried to help Bell at the back

Arma - 7, not his best game, but tried a couple of dribbles, had an assist aswell.

Bennet - 6, cant remember him doing anything actually. Cant say he did bad, he didnt do good either thou. Typical Bennet performance. At least he didn’t miss-cross today. His crossings are usually terrible and one or two end up at the stand every match

Graham - 6, Looked rusty and it was not the perfect match for Danny today, I would have rather seen Brereton. 

Johnson - n/a, touched the ball a couple of times. Didnt make an impact thou

Mowbray - 6, fans wanted him to start Costello and he did, so fair enough, the subs were wrong thou and the fact that Davenport and Chapman cant even make the bench when we have 4 injured midfielders is shocking.

Just now, Stuart said:

Another one who struggles to grasp the point.

If you're referring to me Stuart, I don't struggle in the slightest.

My opinion is the result today was a good one. Our problem has been (and is)  the home performances and results against the likes of Luton, Charlton and Wigan.

• Like 4

Just now, darrenrover said:

My opinion is the result today was a good one. Our problem has been (and is)  the home performances and results against the likes of Luton, Charlton and Wigan.

Touchy. Nope wasn’t referring to you at all.

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

As with most of our Championship seasons, this type of result is good in isolation but due to poor form during other periods ultimately does nothing other than keep us in mid-table. If that's the goal then it's a solid enough result, if it's not then we've already dropped too many points to accept drawing a match we were winning. 

I didn't catch the game today so can't pass comment on the performance, but the injury situation is becoming problematic. It's like a re-run of last season where we failed to strengthen in January, started losing players we couldn't afford to lose and our season collapsed. I get the feeling the current gap to the top six will be even wider by the end of the month, unfortunately, and we'll be fondly reminiscing of the days where we were only 2/3/4 points off the top six. 

• Like 3

Fairly dire game enlivened by a terrific goal and an even better save.

Best game yet for Bell while Nyambe’s defending was mediocre at best: rarely stops a cross coming in and I though was AWOL at the back post for the equalizer. Travis is easily our best midfielder and I thought it a good debut for Rankin-Costello, certainly didn’t look out of place. 

Draw was a fair result.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

Holtby having a scan on lateral knee ligaments apparently, Bet that will end up being at least a few weeks 

Tony giving the excuse-ometer a damn good charge as we speak.  Holtby's injury the day after the window closed will be referenced as frequently as Shakespeare.  

I seriously wouldn't put it past him referencing Tottenham not buying anyone in a transfer window and making it to the Champion's League final (and comparing it to our Jan).

Edited by Pedro
  • Like 1

• Backroom

My question is if there’s a muscle injury like that why the hell did they send him back on to try and run it off? Seems a recipe to make things worse 

• Like 2