BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Middlesbrough (A) - Match Thread

In summary we don’t like Bennett, bell,Gallagher, Walton , Johnston and Bremerton. Armstrong appears to be doing ok but the jury’s out because he may be in a purple patch.

Rothwell is good when he doesn’t play but flatters to deceive when he does. We like tosin by virtue of the fact he plays for us but doesn’t belong to us. 

Nyambe was no good but now he’s ok and Travis is good along with lenihan who depending on your take is either worth £15 million or is bang average and worth £5 because tosin is making him look good.

The under 23s who we wanted to be given more game time are now no good and need sending somewhere else to play football.

Chapman who hasnt played should along with mols and Thompson the left back.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, arbitro said:

I thought Rankin-Costello had a decent game but saying he was excellent is extreme. None of our players were excellent.

Had he been excellent I'm sure he would have played the whole match.

I was not that.impressed but he did not do badly.  I suppose my expectations were too high I had hoped for more from him in an attacking sense but if Nyambe was holding back (on TM's instruction?). Who knows what JRC was told and if he was, having seen the fate of others who played the game too positively for ToMo I can understand him being conservative.  ToMo gotta go.

9 hours ago, arbitro said:

I thought Rankin-Costello had a decent game but saying he was excellent is extreme. None of our players were excellent.

Had he been excellent I'm sure he would have played the whole match.

Agreed mate. Nobody had an “excellent” game yesterday. We took the lead with what was a great goal but let’s be honest we were lucky to leave with a point. 

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

He didn't play on the wing tho. But played more inside and narrower. 

It wasn't that type of game where we were attacking alot. More about digging in and get a goal on the counter goal. 

No Scope for loan moves into league 1 and 2 now. I would rather bring him but into the 1st team during the last 4 months of the season. 

Playing Buckley to his strengths and play him the position we want him to play. No point him going on loan to a team that doesn't play to his strengths. We want to develop him not harm his develop. 

Buckley is not going to be a first team player at any point this season, why would a loan deal do him any harm and what’s the obsession with “playing to his strengths”? In league two that’s not really an issue Chaddy, if he was getting first team football consistently it would improve his game regardless of how the team he signed for would be playing. I think you’re just making an argument for the sake of it there mate. 

Edited by Butty

6 hours ago, Butty said:

Buckley is not going to be a first team player at any point this season, why would a loan deal do him any harm and what’s the obsession with “playing to his strengths”? In league two that’s not really an issue Chaddy, if he was getting first team football consistently it would improve his game regardless of how the team he signed for would be playing. I think you’re just making an argument for the sake of it there mate. 

You are looking to develop his talent as much as build him up strengths. No point him going to long ball team. 

Personally think your post is making argument for the sake of it see that the transfer window is now close

9 hours ago, Boroblue said:

In summary we don’t like Bennett, bell,Gallagher, Walton , Johnston and Bremerton. Armstrong appears to be doing ok but the jury’s out because he may be in a purple patch.

Rothwell is good when he doesn’t play but flatters to deceive when he does. We like tosin by virtue of the fact he plays for us but doesn’t belong to us. 

Nyambe was no good but now he’s ok and Travis is good along with lenihan who depending on your take is either worth £15 million or is bang average and worth £5 because tosin is making him look good.

The under 23s who we wanted to be given more game time are now no good and need sending somewhere else to play football.

Stop holding up a mirror to the forum, it'll explode ;) 

10 hours ago, Boroblue said:

But above all else, Mowbray should listen to the fans because they know what they want. 

50 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

But above all else, Mowbray should listen to the fans because they know what they want. 

I deliberately avoided Mowbray because it is message board dynamite and causes immediate polarisation. I criticise him endlessly yet for some in fathomable reason still respect. 

Go figure

• Like 1

Every manager, apart from maybe Hughes (though even he got a load of stick in his first and last seasons, from memory), has had it from both barrels on here, always been the case, probably always will.

I mean promotion getting, cup winning, Euro qualifying Souness got it in the neck more than TM ever has!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I've not seen enough of JRC to make a proper judgement but gut reaction on seeing him for the first time is that if you were to ask me which of him or Buckley is more likely to make the grade I'd say Buckley.

The only way to see if they've got what it takes is to give them both plenty of game time. No-one's ever going to improve if they get the Brereton/Chapman treatment and never play.

Rev, I've watched JRC since he arrived from United.  This lad has real potential and, like Travis, has the ability to go to the very top in the game.  As an attacking right-back he reminds me of Keith Newton in style.  His ability to play full-back or anywhere in midfield makes him an invaluable addition to the senior squad.  The potential and ability are there it's now up to the lad to make the most of it.  I must admit that of all the younger lads, this is the one I have the greatest hopes for. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Every manager, apart from maybe Hughes (though even he got a load of stick in his first and last seasons, from memory), has had it from both barrels on here, always been the case, probably always will.

I mean promotion getting, cup winning, Euro qualifying Souness got it in the neck more than TM ever has!

Some of the stuff iv'e come across from the Liverpool masses in recent years regarding Klopp beggers belief. All changed since this season though where he's suddenly bordering on Shankly like status.

There's rarely any middle ground these days and whilst a lot of Blackburners do tend to be too quick on the draw it's also genuinely bizarre how a lot of Rovers fans think our fanbase is the only that moans about everything.

Or at least they like to get off on presenting it that, whilst having plenty moans themselves !

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Did he really though? Fans knew much less about what was going on back then without social media , news traveled much slower and there was far less interviews published. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Did he really though? Fans knew much less about what was going on back then without social media , news traveled much slower and there was far less interviews published. 

Oh aye. This place was horrendous around 2003/2004. The site had to be locked down at 5pm after defeats.

First world problems, ay!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

This site is less frenetic now because you can vent anywhere - Facebook, Twitter, LT comments and on it goes.

In 2003 it was brfcs or write a letter to the LT (and you’d calmed down by the time you were putting a stamp on it!). So it was a real tinderbox on here.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Boroblue said:

It never ceases to amaze me that you can get a person coming on here saying  X,Y or Z was awful on Saturday and another person coming on  saying they were excellent when they both watched exactly the same game. They can't both be right. I think sometimes people let their prejudices influence their opinions. I try and leave my blue and white glasses at home when I watch Rovers play. I also try not to let my prejudices, which we all have, influence how I rate a player.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You are looking to develop his talent as much as build him up strengths. No point him going to long ball team. 

Personally think your post is making argument for the sake of it see that the transfer window is now close

You need as many ways of playing as you can get out of the squad. 'Boro going long ball at the end to Gestede should have won them the game.

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

Rev, I've watched JRC since he arrived from United.  This lad has real potential and, like Travis, has the ability to go to the very top in the game.  As an attacking right-back he reminds me of Keith Newton in style.  His ability to play full-back or anywhere in midfield makes him an invaluable addition to the senior squad.  The potential and ability are there it's now up to the lad to make the most of it.  I must admit that of all the younger lads, this is the one I have the greatest hopes for. 

If he turns out to be half as good as King Keith he won't be here long.

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

Thanks for the view Parson.

I hope he isn't going to be viewed as a Jack of all trades utility man who can play anywhere as that is probably the best way to ensure he doesn't maximise his potential. I hope everyone including the player has a clear idea of his best position and sticks to it. So far we've had inside forward from Skip, left sided midfielder from Chaddy and attacking right back from you!

Even from Saturday I was surprised to hear post match he is viewed as an inside forward as during the game he seemed to be merely filling a hole on the left hand side of midfield and like most of the rest of the team I thought he was completely ineffective.