BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Middlesbrough (A) - Match Thread

Big game but they all are from this point onwards! Tough to talk about a game that falls so shortly after a transfer window deadline day, but with hopes of any incomings withering away by the hour, I think we can look ahead to the Boro game now.

Would you change anything in the Starting XI and bench?
Score prediction and goal-scorers?
Are you going to the game?

Some key facts below going into this one, based off of Middlesbrough's home record and our away record only:

Boro_Away_Fact_File.thumb.png.bef9f7a694d3133d1aac331dbe6d696c.png

Injuries to key players Patrick Roberts, Daniel Ayala and Dael Fry for Boro so a big chance to grab some away points this weekend.

Edited by JoeH

• K-Hod pinned this topic

keep the same team,barring rothwell obviously,after tuesday mowbray surely can`t start bennett,he could barely move,who he puts in who could`nt guess,i think we`ll sneak a 0-1 victory in a tight,uninspiring game,got the dreaded mot on saturday so i`ll have to give this one a miss,was looking forward to going as iv`e never been to the riverside before

• Like 1

I would be inclined to go with the same lineup, JRC for Rothwell if unfit. 

However, a part of me thinks we might benefit from moving Downing back to Lb and putting Johnson in the middle for this one. 

Would love another win but feel we could be in for a draw. 2-2, Armstrong and Holtby to score is my bet. 

6 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

keep the same team,barring rothwell obviously,after tuesday mowbray surely can`t start bennett,he could barely move,who he puts in who could`nt guess,i think we`ll sneak a 0-1 victory in a tight,uninspiring game,got the dreaded mot on saturday so i`ll have to give this one a miss,was looking forward to going as iv`e never been to the riverside before

Who replaces Rothwell for you? Downing to the wing or JRC gets a start?

Just now, Feed the Yak said:

I would be inclined to go with the same lineup, JRC for Rothwell if unfit. 

However, a part of me thinks we might benefit from moving Downing back to Lb and putting Johnson in the middle for this one. 

Would love another win but feel we could be in for a draw. 2-2, Armstrong and Holtby to score is my bet. 

I was feeling a Holtby goal too!

4 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Who replaces Rothwell for you? Downing to the wing or JRC gets a start?

if it was up to me id`e give JRC a start,see what he can do over a full match,however i don`t think he`s been mowbrayed yet,so it`s unlikely he will get the nod,i`ve got a strange feeling that brereton will end up starting in rothwells position,in some f****d up formation,it`s what tony does?

29 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Walton

Nyambe Lenihan Tosin Bell

Johnson Travis

JRC           Holtby           Downing

Armstrong 

I like this side, it'll never happen though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JoeH said:

What do you think TM will go with?

I think we'll line up...  

Walton

Nyambe Tosin Lenihan Bell

Travis Downing

Gallagher Holtby Bennett

Armstrong

Now Rothwell is out for a month I suspect we'll see Bennett and Johnson getting plenty of game time over the next few weeks with the positions rotating around a bit, so Downing in cm some games, on the left on others etc.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Walton

Nyambe Lenihan Adarabioyo Bell

Travis Downing

Bennett  Holtby  Rankin Costello

Armstrong

is that the side you want or the side you think TM will pick?