Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JoeH

Middlesbrough (A) - Match Thread

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Glad that Rankin Costello starts but not seeing that many goals in the team. Dont get how Gallagher can start again on the wing, we can have Samuel and Brereton (as well as Graham who actually is useful) on the bench and Chapman doesnt make the squad.

Same side bar Rothwell that scored 5 against Weds ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Nope, but I doubt Mowbray will get much credit.

We basically play all the young players the fans want, Smallwood, Williams, Mulgrew, Bennett have all been sidelined.

It's odd people keep harping on about this.

You don't get credit just for not picking Bennett against all logic. Especially when he looked painfully lethargic last time out.

Happy with the lineup though. I mean, except Bell, but we don't have an option, and Gallagher where we do have options but none Tony is going to use. He does need to persevere with his 5 million pound lad (not mocking, he really does after BBgate). Down to the lads now.

Edited by bluebruce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HowieFive0 said:

Same side bar Rothwell that scored 5 against Weds ??

True but that is very much an anomoly at the moment. Fingers crossed though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Glad that Rankin Costello starts but not seeing that many goals in the team. Dont get how Gallagher can start again on the wing, we can have Samuel and Brereton (as well as Graham who actually is useful) on the bench and Chapman doesnt make the squad.

I get your point about Chapman. Not sure why you’d take SG out of a team that’s won two on the bounce. To me it’s ‘as you were’ other than JRC for the injured Rothwell.

What you can’t level at Tony today on a cold day on Teeside is that he’s gone negative. JRC and three forwards on the bench says he’s going for it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A win today will take us back to the "cusp" of the top 6, build more player confidence that we are a good (maybe better) team without Dack and make us fans feel a whole lot better, after yesterday's bullshit.

 

Lose and it will feel like it's all over....

psychologically, MUST WIN GAME.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buckley scored the winner against Sheffield W but seems to be out of the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll bet there’s a few Hull fans this afternoon who wish they’d had as ‘shit’ a day as we apparently did yesterday....crikey. 5-1 down at home!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just hope Downing doesn't have a stinker, being back at his old club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

You don't get credit just for not picking Bennett against all logic. Especially when he looked painfully lethargic last time out.

Happy with the lineup though. I mean, except Bell, but we don't have an option, and Gallagher where we do have options but none Tony is going to use. He does need to persevere with his 5 million pound lad (not mocking, he really does after BBgate). Down to the lads now.

Well...I guess I should add I would have considered putting Downing at LB, Davenport in CM, and/or replacing Gally with Chapman, but I understand his decisions and how it's risky to tinker too much with a winning lineup. I'm hoping TM has finally learnt that lesson too, but I've had that false dawn before...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, neophox said:

Buckley scored the winner against Sheffield W but seems to be out of the team.

Surprised he’s not on the bench today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, neophox said:

Buckley scored the winner against Sheffield W but seems to be out of the team.

he is`nt ready for the physical test of the game tbh,needs building up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Paul Mani said:

I’ll bet there’s a few Hull fans this afternoon who wish they’d had as ‘shit’ a day as we apparently did yesterday....crikey. 5-1 down at home!

They've sold their two main strikers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marcus Maddissons debut endes 1-5 against brentford. Think Hull will collapse now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

You don't get credit just for not picking Bennett against all logic. Especially when he looked painfully lethargic last time out.

Happy with the lineup though. I mean, except Bell, but we don't have an option, and Gallagher where we do have options but none Tony is going to use. He does need to persevere with his 5 million pound lad (not mocking, he really does after BBgate). Down to the lads now.

I think Bells done alright personally since we dropped Williams and brought in Tosin. I think that says something about Williams more than Bell. 

Also Nyambe on the right has been a big impact.

As a back 4 they look the best we've had since Hanley and Duff were sold.

Edited by joey_big_nose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sponsor

I'll go for a hard fought 2-1 to Boro.

Bearing in mind they are a much improved team now and our manager's heart and soul is with the opposition.

I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if Woodgate's dour team suddenly start 'playing 'like Manchester United in 1999' (for one game only of course).

We should be thankful that Ravel Morrison didn't sign in time to face us, or I'm sure Tony T would have been showing our players his only good career game for West Ham and have us quaking in our boots from kick-off. 😊

Edited by Husky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I’ll bet there’s a few Hull fans this afternoon who wish they’d had as ‘shit’ a day as we apparently did yesterday....crikey. 5-1 down at home!

You really are trying, I’ll give you that.

In other news, very happy to see JRC given a start and Bennett remaining on the bench. What odds on Bennett being the first player brought on though!

Let’s hope we can continue to defy the odds and get another win today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he is`nt ready for the physical test of the game tbh,needs building up

Is Brereton ready yet? In the real world most young adults only need 6 months to turn their Mr Muscle (the advert) physique into an Adonis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Husky said:

Is Brereton ready yet? In the real world most young adults only need 6 months to turn their Mr Muscle (the advert) physique into an Adonis.

buckley is tiny,he can`t be more than 9 stone,honestly,he`s not ready for the 1st team,brereton is a bid lad  who`s lacking ability and confidence,not size and weight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

That bench is appalling really isn’t it.

I would have like to have seen Davenport today because, let’s be honest, we are not going to get in the play offs, we are not going to get relegated, so now is the time to give youngsters a chance with an eye to next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Delighted to see JRC start. Really hope he puts in a good performance and makes a real push for the first team.

I really don't like Gally out wide but 2 wins on the bounce means not changing the team, unless forced. 

Should have had Chapman on the bench in case it isn't working though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

buckley is tiny,he can`t be more than 9 stone,honestly,he`s not ready for the 1st team,brereton is a bid lad  who`s lacking ability and confidence,not size and weight

I know. But it's funny, some have been talking about him 'bulking up' for over a year when you don't even need that long. If he did some proper bulking up he'd probably be like a tank on roller ice skates (and if we're lucky become almost as good as a poor man's Jason Roberts). 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Husky said:

I know. But it's funny, some have been talking about him 'bulking up' for over a year when you don't even need that long. If he did some proper bulking up he'd probably be like a tank on roller ice skates (and if we're lucky become almost as good as a poor man's Jason Roberts). 😁

he need`nt bulk up to much,scott sellars was only small,so was craig bellamy,he just needs a bit of weight and probably sending out on loan to get seasoned, not going to happen though is it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

buckley is tiny,he can`t be more than 9 stone,honestly,he`s not ready for the 1st team,brereton is a bid lad  who`s lacking ability and confidence,not size and weight

I hear this a lot and it's almost like it's a given but then you think of the David Silva's, N'Golo Kante's, Marco Verratti's, Juan Mata's & Lucas Torreira's of this world and it makes you think...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.