BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Can we make the Playoffs?

Looking at what we have to work with in our attempts to push on for play offs.

I like Walton he is solid without being particulary spectacular but has improved this season (We would concede more if Jason was there)

The way I see it we can cope with 1 injury at centre back or left back but would leave us with them playing every game with no suitable replacements. If Nyambe gets injured and with his record will probably happen at some point. Whilst I know it is not his best postion I would prefer to try Costello there if there is an Injury bur we all know Tony will put Bennett there who is no longer good enough for championship football. Why is he still captain? Darrah should be captain.

If Downing gets injured or needs to be rested we have no suitbale replacement on the left wing other than Armstrong and he has proved in recent weeks he is more valuable up front. Chapman is an option but is unproven and I am sure rather than give him a chance will play someone else out of postion!

Any injuries in centre midfield before Rothwell comes back and we are screwed!

We have costello who is invaluable at the moment as he can cover several postions but still unproven at this level Davenport but can he hit the ground running ? Other possible option is Mulgrew although his legs have gone his distribution and set pieces have always been great but would be worried about players bursting past him.

If we lose Armstrong for more than a game or two that is the end of any small chance of playoffs. Unless some Miracle happens and Sam starts scoring and or Breaton finds his confidence!

My biggest worry is I have no faith in Tony using youth and potential if they are injuries and instead calling on the likes of Bennett, Smallwood etc.

Walton (Leutwiller)
Nyambe (Costello)
Tosin, Lenihan (Williams)
Bell (WIlliams)

Gallagher (Chapman)
Downing
Travis (Davenport)
Johnson

Holtby (Buckley)
Armstrong (Graham, Breaton)

Not included Rothwell as looks like he is out to March and Corey as we dont know when he will be back.

Not including Bennett,Smallwood or Samuel as they are not good enough for this divison.

What are your thoughts?

20 minutes ago, Prelude said:

Looking at what we have to work with in our attempts to push on for play offs.

I like Walton he is solid without being particulary spectacular but has improved this season (We would concede more if Jason was there)

The way I see it we can cope with 1 injury at centre back or left back but would leave us with them playing every game with no suitable replacements. If Nyambe gets injured and with his record will probably happen at some point. Whilst I know it is not his best postion I would prefer to try Costello there if there is an Injury bur we all know Tony will put Bennett there who is no longer good enough for championship football. Why is he still captain? Darrah should be captain.

If Downing gets injured or needs to be rested we have no suitbale replacement on the left wing other than Armstrong and he has proved in recent weeks he is more valuable up front. Chapman is an option but is unproven and I am sure rather than give him a chance will play someone else out of postion!

Any injuries in centre midfield before Rothwell comes back and we are screwed!

We have costello who is invaluable at the moment as he can cover several postions but still unproven at this level Davenport but can he hit the ground running ? Other possible option is Mulgrew although his legs have gone his distribution and set pieces have always been great but would be worried about players bursting past him.

If we lose Armstrong for more than a game or two that is the end of any small chance of playoffs. Unless some Miracle happens and Sam starts scoring and or Breaton finds his confidence!

My biggest worry is I have no faith in Tony using youth and potential if they are injuries and instead calling on the likes of Bennett, Smallwood etc.

Walton (Leutwiller)
Nyambe (Costello)
Tosin, Lenihan (Williams)
Bell (WIlliams)

Gallagher (Chapman)
Downing
Travis (Davenport)
Johnson

Holtby (Buckley)
Armstrong (Graham, Breaton)

Not included Rothwell as looks like he is out to March and Corey as we dont know when he will be back.

Not including Bennett,Smallwood or Samuel as they are not good enough for this divison.

What are your thoughts?

Keeping Tosin and Lenihan fit and playing is massive for us. We're stretched all over the pitch at the moment, but they're the ones who we miss the most when either are missing.

I still think we can do it, although how we deal with February might be make or break. Even though we're stretched, we've got four games at home and the Charlton game looks winnable as far as away games go.

If we can get through those games without anymore major injuries, pick up 3-4 wins and go into March with Rothwell, maybe Evans coming back in, then we have as good a chance as anyone.

• Like 2

• Backroom
26 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Can we get into the play offs - Yes. Will we get into the playoffs - No.

This, pretty much. It's obviously possible but would need a significant change in mentality from the players and coaching staff which I just don't think is realistic. I think we'll do our usual of having good and bad periods of form culminating in another mid-table finish. 

• Like 3

Absolutely no chance. Weve never been in the top 6 and I think its very, very difficult to justify how we can this season.

Lacking in too many areas and showed a lack of ambition and competence in the January window not adding to the squad. Throw in 2 or 3 key injuries and I suspect it wont be far off last seasons finish.

Armstrong is on a hot streak but are him and Holtby even going to get Dack and Graham levels of goals? With Rothwell (who hadnt got a goal or assist until Tuesday anyway) out we arent going to have that shortfall covered out wide. Gallagher will continue to plod on there, Bennett is useless, Rankin Costello and Chapman are untested and as a result we dont know if they can step up, will they be given enough chance? Almost certainly not. Armstrong and Downing are needed elsewhere. We also have little alternative (Id play Williams or Downing) but to plod on with Bell who is awful. Even in positions where we are strong ie our first 2 centre backs we are paper thin beyond that.

• Like 1

Under Mowbray, no, and definitely not this season. And definitely not when Bennett is our best alternative number 10. And not while we waste money on potential and then destroy it by doing things like playing Bennett at number 10. And not while FFP means we can’t spend on players we do need, on free or even loan.

• Like 3

I think it's Brentford's year via the play offs. Have a feeling Leeds will bottle it and it'll be Fulham and West Brom going up automatically.

Fulham to then get absolutely pumped every week in the Prem and Scott Parker to never manage again as people realise his grasp of English is poor at best.