BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Supporters Consultation Meeting

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

The meeting was ok. There was actually very little skirting around the issues. But the real interesting stuff went on afterwards. Mowbray SO open...my first one. Would recommended to any Rovers fans!

Congrats on being there. I suspect those who will be most vocal in criticism won't have been there for some reason.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Congrats on being there. I suspect those who will be most vocal in criticism won't have been there for some reason.

It wasn’t an open forum, there were only five places from here available!

• Like 2

• Backroom
27 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Have you read any of the live blog?

If Tony wasn’t there you’d be criticising him for not fronting up to the fans.

No I wouldn't at all because he isn't a board member, which is the point of consultation. It's about the owners and the board.

Tony (and I'm not a 'Tony Out' guy, I think he's great) is a distraction wheeled out to keep fans happy.

The consultation meetings should be comprised of us holding the board to account, even having very uncomfortable conversations.

I've been to these before and only the first one (threat of legal action from Coar, wasn't there?) was the only one that provoked a response from the board. The 2nd one where Cheston got thrown in as the fall guy for the Coyle fiasco was uncomfortable BUT was exactly the purpose of the meeting.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 4

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I really appreciated the opportunity mate. Was really interesting I thought.

It’s a bit early for me on a week night to get back after work, but I’d be keen to go to another in future!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

From the mins it looked like a rehash of the last one.

Same questions same answers or excuses if you look at it like that.

Generally same old stuff, ‘we’ll look into it’, ‘we did have a budget, but no value’ etc etc. 

However, the Academy comments did seem a departure from the norm. These meetings have previously been an opportunity for Waggott et al to give full throated commitment to Category 1 status.

Indeed, from the owners down to us fans, I thought it was accepted that in this FFP world, the Cat 1 Academy of ours is a real string to our bow and is vital to our entire future as a club. It is certainly something all of brfcs agrees on (a real rarity In itself!). So this comment...

‘At the moment we are carrying on as a Cat 1’

Was most odd, unless misquoted? Can any attendees clarify?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Generally same old stuff, ‘we’ll look into it’, ‘we did have a budget, but no value’ etc etc. 

However, the Academy comments did seem a departure from the norm. These meetings have previously been an opportunity for Waggott et al to give full throated commitment to Category 1 status.

Indeed, from the owners down to us fans, I thought it was accepted that in this FFP world, the Cat 1 Academy of ours is a real string to our bow and is vital to our entire future as a club. It is certainly something all of brfcs agrees on (a real rarity In itself!). So this comment...

He definitely did say at the moment and I did pick up on it but it wasn’t clarified. 

4 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I’m not sure if there’s rules or etiquette about talking freely? 

Fair enough. I suppose he has said things in the past that have not carried any weight in his actions, its all about what he does not what he says.

My worries on the playing side is that the main failure of last summer was the one that had the biggest outlay and supposedly the most long term use. When next August arrives, are we much better than we were at the end of last season?

I think that the rest of the season seems again like a development phase ahead of next season, with controllable factors (transfer recruitment/lack of) and uncontrollable factors (bad injuries) making any play off hopes practically obsolete. What we could take from this season is players proving that they can make a tangible attacking impact at this level to help us going forward. Rothwell, Rankin Costello, Chapman, Gallagher, Buckley, Samuel and Brereton have all yet to prove themselves (obviously I am not saying they have all had loads of chances) but if a couple step up it may ease the burden on a potentially very demanding summer window.

Waggott im not sure warrants too much respect, regarding issues of contention such as surcharges, ticketing etc he mainly bats them off and provides lip service that wont go any further.

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

SW was stressing investment had been made in key areas, academy being one where 8 new staff had been added along with investments in pitches, grass, and equipment meaning we are still cat 1. He added Ewood pitch was showing wear and tear.

• Backroom

Only £1.3m being available to spend (does that include wages?) is pretty scary to me. That's lower level/relegation candidate level transfer budget. Unless we have a lot more in the summer to play with we are looking at an incredibly difficult 20/21 season with the amount of investment the squad is going to need.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

That went over my head but it seems you're not alone in picking up on it.

Maybe when they had their audits they decided to give it full funding for a few years to see how it panned out.

I suppose the goalposts keep getting moved and it costs more year on year. Then there's the grants, do they get less as time goes on perhaps ?

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

No - but then I'm not criticising the club's representatives.

Do you have to be there to be critical ? It’s all written down word for word , there is videos of it , all sorts . You don’t have to be a super fan and go to have an opinion . Some of us have been to several of these , each time thinking it will be worth it but it’s just the same old . 
Also just because you love something it doesn’t mean you have to accept everything it does and not want for better , you don’t need to blindly accept whatever is put in front of you . 

• Like 7

Decision to put away fans in upper Darwen End rather than close to pitch is on TM advice. Based on his experience as a player "footballers are aware of supporters". Why give away team advantage.

Doesn't add to the game atmosphere but a home result is priority.    

• Like 2

• Backroom
51 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I’m not sure if there’s rules or etiquette about talking freely? 

I think if you go on behalf of a group, the forum in this case it’s expected you would report it back to that group.

• Like 9