BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Supporters Consultation Meeting

8 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

It was interesting when this came about in the meeting with Cheston who brushed it aside basically saying that all of the debt is Venkys and they’re happy to keep paying. Apparently have given verbal and written assurances that they are happy to keep funding the club. But also empathised with the fans re the £150m and gave the impression that Venkys obv don’t see it as a huge sum of money or anything to worry about...

You have more faith in the owners than I do and during their 9 years here they have shown that they are not exactly predictable. Also without promotion that debt is only going in one direction.

10 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

You have more faith in the owners than I do and during their 9 years here they have shown that they are not exactly predictable. Also without promotion that debt is only going in one direction.

I have a feeling that they wouldn't  have a huge void in their lives, like a fan would, if the club suddenly went up in smoke.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

It was interesting when this came about in the meeting with Cheston who brushed it aside basically saying that all of the debt is Venkys and they’re happy to keep paying. Apparently have given verbal and written assurances that they are happy to keep funding the club. But also empathised with the fans re the £150m and gave the impression that Venkys obv don’t see it as a huge sum of money or anything to worry about...

He also said they have three separate audits that are undertaken but he didn't say who by. He also said the EFL are satisfied with the accounts.

38 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I have no real faith either way mate. Just saying what Cheston said.

Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

So the whole 'managers are judged on results' thing is nonsense? I'm confused.

Yes, you are confused. Because Kean was in fact sacked...when the owners decided that his results vs their support meant he was no longer suitable. Lots of managers survive relegation for lots of reasons...but they don’t survive indefinitely....unless their results pick up.

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

That was almost 10 years ago. Every manager since was sacked due to bad results. Do you want to go back any further to try and make a silly point? 

Yes, 10 years ago under yet under our same dear owners, that's the point champ. Do you call all points that prove you wrong silly?

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

Yes, you are confused. Because Kean was in fact sacked...when the owners decided that his results vs their support meant he was no longer suitable. Lots of managers survive relegation for lots of reasons...but they don’t survive indefinitely....unless their results pick up.

Kean resigned;

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2012/september/steve-kean-resigns/

When did you start supporting Rovers?

Edited by CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber
  • Like 2

Just now, Paul Mani said:

I have no real faith either way mate. Just saying what Cheston said.

I think that is the issue, Paul.

The people that represent Rovers in these meetings seem to do their best to answer questions, but they are only minions in this bizarre scheme of things.

Mostly, I think they all come across as decent people. Cheston, you could argue, was merely playing the company man in persistently refusing to disclose what went on over the Warnock/ Coyle thing, while he was on holiday. However, as this was a particularly crucial, costly decision, I do see that refusal as dishonest.

We know Suhail is a key person-said to be the direct link to Venky's-and he has never deigned to attend.

The Raos, meanwhile,  remain remote.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

That was almost 10 years ago. Every manager since was sacked due to bad results. Do you want to go back any further to try and make a silly point? 

Again, you also have to ask why were these managers were appointed in the first place?

To win promotion? Come on!

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Is it any wonder @Paul Mani didn't want to share his private conversations from the session here? 

All that it would lead to is sniping that serves no purpose other than wasting a few seconds of everyone's time whilst trying to read some substantial and meaningful content from the session. 

No snipes at all! I'm just saying the money invested in transfers so far hasn't been great or paid off? 

Thought this was a message board? 

6 hours ago, Miller11 said:

I answered a question honestly. Like I said, other people in the room were in the same boat but didn’t fancy the hassle. Again, I’ve been consistent and open about it publicly for a long time. Did I stand up, or was that an exaggeration for effect? 

Yes, I’m sure Jonty or someone else would shower you with tickets. But your 0.005% of Brereton’s fee a year is a small price for the particular piece of moral high ground you like to stand on.

If you're boycotting and refusing to pay money to help the club, what are you doing at a "supporter's" consultation meeting?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bank Top Blue said:

If you're boycotting and refusing to pay money to help the club, what are you doing at a "supporter's" consultation meeting?

Should these meetings be only consisting of ‘Rovers ra ra ra’ season ticket holders or a cross section of the fanbase that includes lapsed/disillusioned supporters?

Wouldn’t the later be more helpful to the club when it comes to engagement and future strategies to get folk back through the door?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Yes, 10 years ago under yet under our same dear owners, that's the point champ. Do you call all points that prove you wrong silly?

They have sacked every manager since for poor results. Do you always use the example of the outlier to prove your point? Because that's a flawed starting point for your arguement. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

47 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Kean resigned;

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2012/september/steve-kean-resigns/

When did you start supporting Rovers?

Hahahahah - omg....you think Kean resigned? He was pushed HARD. In fact I’m pretty sure it was reported that he tried to sue Rovers over that?

Bit awkward for you regarding the “when did you start supporting Rovers” chat...?