BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Supporters Consultation Meeting

55 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Kean resigned;

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2012/september/steve-kean-resigns/

When did you start supporting Rovers?

His position was untenable ,for numerous reasons. Fan vitriol and Shebby the main 2. Kean had a neck like a jockeys bollox, but even he had a pressure point. That story has been well published.  He 100% jumped before being pushed 

Have you not read it? 

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Hahahahah - omg....you think Kean resigned? He was pushed HARD. In fact I’m pretty sure it was reported that he tried to sue Rovers over that?

Bit awkward for you regarding the “when did you start supporting Rovers” chat...?

I'm not sure it's THAT funny. I didn't find it in the least bit funny that he was allowed to continue his job for far, far longer than he was allowed to through continuous failure that has potentially irreparably damaged this club. You've clearly forgotten this, or of course your ignoring it to make your point. 

Awkward was having my nuts felt by the doctor this morning, your retort was just mildly irritating like most of your posts.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

His position was untenable ,for numerous reasons. Fan vitriol and Shebby the main 2. Kean had a neck like a jockeys bollox, but even he had a pressure point. That story has been well published.  He 100% jumped before being pushed 

Have you not read it? 

Why on the Rovers website did it say he resigned then? And perhaps more importantly why was he allowed that luxury? He should have been fired months and months before he was "pushed", as you put it, and not allowed to save any face.  

2 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Why on the Rovers website did it say he resigned then? And perhaps more importantly why was he allowed that luxury? He should have been fired months and months before he was "pushed", as you put it, and not allowed to save any face.  

Why do you think he resigned? 

Anyway,gone off point to a topic I'm pretty sure nobody wants to go over again 

The discussion was around @K-Hod saying we are the only club where results don't matter when it comes to firing managers. I think that has been debunked going off every manager to be sacked since Kean. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Why do you think he resigned? 

Anyway,gone off point to a topic I'm pretty sure nobody wants to go over again 

The discussion was around @K-Hod saying we are the only club where results don't matter when it comes to firing managers. I think that has been debunked going off every manager to be sacked since Kean. 

Results certainly don't seem to matter when it comes to appointing a manager as since Sam's sacking only Lambert had a CV that warranted him getting the job.

• Like 1

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Results certainly don't seem to matter when it comes to appointing a manager as since Sam's sacking only Lambert had a CV that warranted him getting the job.

That's a separate point,but I suppose ,as has been done, the case could be made that a few had promotions on their CV. We all know why Berg got it. Appleton a good up and comer, on paper. Bowyer knew the club. 

Listen I got banned from the official board for ,in Lee Groobys opinion, aggressively making the case for Mick McCarthy after relegation from the PL was confirmed. Ok,fair enough it was about 80% insulting Kean, but I think that was to be expected. 

It should have been Big Mick the first season we were down. As far as something can hypothetically be guaranteed, I can guarantee we would have gone up. 

Kean did in fact resign as has now been pointed out. I would also perhaps suggest that is it very unlikely that he would have ever been sacked, as he was far to close to the people at the business end of the operation. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

This isn’t intended as a thorough summary of the meeting, but here’s what I took away from it. This is from memory, not my notes, please consider this my observation and interpretations.

Transfer Window

Disappointing window, what happened?

Mowbray disappointed we couldn’t get anyone in. Wasn’t for want of trying. Spoke about the difficulties around this for 25 minutes.

Shocked by wage demands and asking prices.

Won’t break wage structure.

Got close on some deals.

Has to field questions from Venkys as to why he hasn’t bought anyone

You said defenders are coming, while we got some loanees, why do Venky’s seem reluctant to spend on defensive reinforcements, but happy to spend elsewhere?

Mowbray angry

We’ve changed goalkeeper, brought in Adarabioyo, Lenihan is good enough to get us promoted, loves Nyambe’s attitude and believes he can make a top player. We can’t bring in an entire new defence, doesn’t know what people expect.

Clarified point that it was not a question aimed it Mowbray, it was about long term strategy and a reluctance from the owners, money made available for expensive attackers

We aren’t going to find a centre half who can, pass, tackle, head and read the game – they will be in the premier league. Its an important position, seemed to concede we could do with investing there, but stated it is difficult.

Walton wasn’t a target, fell into our laps at the end of the window. Others fell away. Knows he makes the odd mistake like all keepers, had the option to replace in January.

Are we not going to be back at square one in the summer as loans and contract expire?

Yes.

Mulgrew has another year (just an inkling, but he didn’t seem overly happy with the Mulgrew situation)

Bell has an option in the clubs favour for another year

Aiming for 2 keepers

Centre halves massively important, would like to work a bit of magic with city and get Adarabioyo on loan again

Budget was around £1.3 million, they can always ask for more

Are defenders and goalkeepers a priority in the summer window?

Yes.

Commercial

Why do we have a third kit? We are not Man Utd with faceless fans. It is exploitative.

Waggott Angry – I would never exploit anyone

Grey kit has sold brilliantly

Sold out 2 runs of 3rd kit

Mowbray looked at Slaven Bilic and neither of them could believe we had been allowed to play in those kits as it was difficult to tell the grey and West Broms kit apart.

So many teams in this league play in white, and grey is close to white

Didn’t ever want to have to borrow a kit

Mowbray doesn’t decide who wears what kit

Waggott, the kit men, people from umbro and people from marketing sit down and review kits and decide on them

Might use same 3rd kit next year

Steve, you made a comment, "We couldn't have done more, where is everyone?" How do you think a remark like that is received by supporters, who already feel they have been treated with contempt for a decade? 

No disrespect intended – it was meant to be a rallying cry

We fell short of the target (10k target, sold just over 8k season tickets, £325k shortfall)

Went to bat for the fans with the owners to ensure no price hike

Tries to understand economic pressures within the area

Oxford game was an event, not a match. People haven’t been back – not core support as highlighted by them going on the pitch

Scrap the Waggott tax.

Planning around catering

People come to watch the game, not because of pies and Bovril. It’s a barrier. And expoits fans and stops spur of the moment decisions

I don’t see it that way, we have the 1875 membership, that helps limit the cost of category A+ games

Lots of discussion round this – would consider it

Can’t make every game a tenner

Needs signoff from the owners on pricing issues and initiatives

Speaks to people at away games who still wont set foot in Ewood – understands why, hopes to re-engage

The 10k giveaway was a bad one wasn’t it? It can’t have lead to a single sale.

Yes it was a bad idea.

Almost done as an afterthought

Why is their primary use of the electronic advertising boards to promote Venky’s brand? What commercial value does this have to the club?

Not the primary function

Much of the advertising remains unsold so can account for this – it has a value. Same with the Riverside. Answered concisely and well.

If and when we sell advertising, we will see less of the Venky’s logo

Stadium

Can we move away fans into the lower tier?

Fans forum have been relentless on this issue

Lots of discussion on this – opinions mixed

Marginal gains V loss of atmosphere

Opposition fans can sometimes seem to suck the ball into the net

Looking at getting home fans behind both goals

Refillable glasses and greener options

Sodexo looking into it. Aware of H&S issues

Lack of suitable allergen friendly options, and limited knowledge of catering staff

Disappointing. Will raise with Sodexo.

Improvements to lounges mentioned in the intro.

Finance/Ownership

FFP position

Over to Cheston – As it stands we are FFP compliant. We don’t have to report this yet, our accounting period is at the end of June so there is time to fix any issues if needs be.

Wasn’t giving anything away or getting into specifics. Almost defensive.

Clarified the three year period FFP relates to

Has there been any talk of a sale/buy back of Ewood?

Cheston: No

Waggott interjected: Not at all happy! This has come from the fans forum. I’ve been misinterpreted. We said we were aware of all options available to us and suddenly we are selling Dack and selling Ewood.

Had to field calls from the EFL as this got out and hadn’t been discussed with them

They are aware of the ACV status

So while its not imminent, is it something that may be looked at down the line should we need to remain FFP compliant?

That’s hypothetical at the moment

We’d need to sit down with all stakeholder. There are legal ramifications.

We are a long way off that point.

I’m very concerned about the levels of debt, and the recent losses reported are unsustainable.

The owners are committed. They can’t do any more. We are very tightly audited, and the accounts cause no concern. They have made guarantees to continue funding, no reason to expect any change any time soon.

Desai made a promise to "absolutely respect Jack Walker's legacy." As we approach the Venky's 10 year anniversary, what is your assessment of her delivery on that promise?

Waggott not happy

We are working with the trust on securing a heritage grant. This club has great history and needs to be celebrated more.

We’ve maintained the statue.

Disappointing turnout for a well publicised plea to clean the grave, which Waggott was one of only 10 people to attend.

He is all about respect. Part of his ethos. All employees have to subscribe to it.

If anyone feels he has disrespected them, please approach him. They can take it offline.

I think the disrespect to Jack’s legacy is more around how the we have gone from being the model example of how to run a town club, took us to the top of the pile, and we’ve had a decade of decline and never got near promotion in that time.

Can’t comment on what went on before I got here

Humble people etc etc

We want to get promoted and so do the owners

Tony Parkes

There was a great deal of understanding around this. Rob Coar and Lynsey Talbot had both been looking at fitting tributes and been in touch with the Parkes family.

Bayes did a good job of explaining Tony’s current condition. He has recorded his acceptance speech for the next hall of fame class already.

Tony will be at the game tomorrow, and I wouldn’t be surprised if something was announced then.

Happily there seems to be a real willingness for the club to do what ever they can for Tony.

After the meeting

Spoke to Waggott – he was amiable and professional, and as always appeared open to discussion.

Stated that a lot of the questions were aimed at Venky’s and they weren’t there to answer.

Mentioned links with HSH (see previous posts of Venky’s welcome or not thread)

Knows of the three and their links. Understands why this would be a concern. Isn’t a fan of agents. Won’t go above a 5% agents fee and has lost out on deals because of this stance. Always pays them last and prioritises local contractors, PAYE, HMRC etc. Has been pulled up about it in audits but will continue to keep them as last priority. Mentioned a couple of particularly bad agents and deals.

If and when the time comes to replace Mowbray (the way he worded it was ‘If Tony comes to me and tells me he’s had enough’) he will go to market, do his due diligence, and get the best man for the job.

I pointed out it wasn’t his integrity or judgement I was questioning.

Ultimately they are the owners, I’m doing what I can to make this club successful.

Spoke about the attendance issue

We spoke at length last time about this too. Mentioned the podcast I did with @Herbie6590 on here, and how positive I was after that. There are a small number of fans reluctantly not attending because of Venkys, a bigger number not attending due to league position and falling out of the habit, and a massive number of potential fans who see football as a TV or streaming experience. Its difficult and there is no magic formula.

He is aware of a guy on Facebook who has started his own streaming service where he charges people to watch Rovers games.

Spoke about Venkys

I said their long term view is unclear. There seemed to be a lot of understanding about what had gone on before. He asked if I thought there was anyone still there from those times before he arrived who I was concerned about. I said yes. He asked me to elaborate. I said obviously people like Lynsey Talbot and Rob Coar were part of the furniture, and then there was Pasha. All he really said about Pasha was “I certainly wouldn’t call Suhail a low level employee.” And something along the  He is the owners man and long term business advisor.

He keeps trying to get them to come to a game. I was in the minority of one in the small group of fans involved in this chat who thought this was a bad idea.

He mentioned that they were reluctant since they get pelted with a snowball, everyone acknowledged the fanbase had softened. There would be some negativity displayed towards them, but they (me included) would likely be shouted down.

I said I didn’t feel they were humble. Waggott said they he had told them “They don’t need to turn up in helicopters or a convey of Rolls Royce’s, just a Mercedes 7 seater with blacked out windows, just come in quietly and watch the game.

Balajio’s son is football mad. He will be the one signing the cheques one day. They want to get him along and involved. He’s the one at Reading Uni.

Other bits and pieces that came up

Heritage project sounds great – he wants people to get involved

Chapman walks around with a hang dog look on his face. Doesn’t want to play for the u23’s… “Well, if Danny Graham can play for the U23’s you bloody well can!” We could do with that pace he brings. Its his head that’s stopping him.

We raved about Nyambe and Travis a bit

Brereton hasn’t worked out as we’d have liked

It would be great to get promoted even just for a season. He’d want to invest in the infrastructure, get a hotel or something at the back of the Riverside – do something exciting with it, not increase the size. Safe standing a possibility

Summary

From my point of view, I really want to be able to distinguish between them and the club, and Venky’s. I recognise my refusal to buy a ticket is futile. It harms my enjoyment more than its intended target. When I didn’t go the criticism was ‘You aren’t supporting the team’, when I take up the offer of free tickets it’s ‘You aren’t supporting the club’. I don’t like doing either, despite what you may think @Paul Mani ;) My intention is to buy a season ticket again and sit with my family and friends, providing there aren’t any idiotic decisions taken in the coming weeks. In my opinion Waggott and Mowbray are likeable, committed and honest. I think they have the best of intentions, and that’s not something I’ve been able to say about some of their predecessors. So yeah, I need to make that small commitment.

Plenty of positives to take away, but plenty will remain unanswered as long as Venky’s remain remote. These meetings aren’t fit for purpose.

Great stuff ,thank you. 

A lot of positive stuff and it does seem to me like Waggott and Mowbray are ,by far,the best set up we have had since Venkys took over

I don't focus on negatives and I think some of it geared towards Walton is excessive, but when he says that deal fell in our lap, what would we have done if it didn't and why did we need to rely on that happening? 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

This isn’t intended as a thorough summary of the meeting, but here’s what I took away from it. This is from memory, not my notes, please consider this my observation and interpretations.

Transfer Window

Mowbray disappointed we couldn’t get anyone in. Wasn’t for want of trying. Spoke about the difficulties around this for 25 minutes.

Got close on some deals.

You said defenders are coming, while we got some loanees, why do Venky’s seem reluctant to spend on defensive reinforcements, but happy to spend elsewhere?

Mowbray angry

We’ve changed goalkeeper, brought in Adarabioyo, Lenihan is good enough to get us promoted, loves Nyambe’s attitude and believes he can make a top player. We can’t bring in an entire new defence, doesn’t know what people expect.

Clarified point that it was not a question aimed it Mowbray, it was about long term strategy and a reluctance from the owners, money made available for expensive attackers

We aren’t going to find a centre half who can, pass, tackle, head and read the game – they will be in the premier league. Its an important position, seemed to concede we could do with investing there, but stated it is difficult.

Walton wasn’t a target, fell into our laps at the end of the window. Others fell away. Knows he makes the odd mistake like all keepers, had the option to replace in January.

Are we not going to be back at square one in the summer as loans and contract expire?

Yes.

Mulgrew has another year (just an inkling, but he didn’t seem overly happy with the Mulgrew situation)

Aiming for 2 keepers

Centre halves massively important, would like to work a bit of magic with city and get Adarabioyo on loan again

Yes.

Commercial

Why do we have a third kit? We are not Man Utd with faceless fans. It is exploitative.

Mowbray looked at Slaven Bilic and neither of them could believe we had been allowed to play in those kits as it was difficult to tell the grey and West Broms kit apart.

Waggott, the kit men, people from umbro and people from marketing sit down and review kits and decide on them

Steve, you made a comment, "We couldn't have done more, where is everyone?" How do you think a remark like that is received by supporters, who already feel they have been treated with contempt for a decade? 

We fell short of the target (10k target, sold just over 8k season tickets, £325k shortfall)

Oxford game was an event, not a match. People haven’t been back – not core support as highlighted by them going on the pitch

Scrap the Waggott tax.

Planning around catering

People come to watch the game, not because of pies and Bovril. It’s a barrier. And expoits fans and stops spur of the moment decisions

I don’t see it that way, we have the 1875 membership, that helps limit the cost of category A+ games

Speaks to people at away games who still wont set foot in Ewood – understands why, hopes to re-engage

Yes it was a bad idea.

Why is their primary use of the electronic advertising boards to promote Venky’s brand? What commercial value does this have to the club?

Not the primary function

Much of the advertising remains unsold so can account for this – it has a value. Same with the Riverside. Answered concisely and well.

Stadium

Lack of suitable allergen friendly options, and limited knowledge of catering staff

Finance/Ownership

FFP position

Over to Cheston – As it stands we are FFP compliant. We don’t have to report this yet, our accounting period is at the end of June so there is time to fix any issues if needs be.

Waggott interjected: Not at all happy! This has come from the fans forum. I’ve been misinterpreted. We said we were aware of all options available to us and suddenly we are selling Dack and selling Ewood.

Had to field calls from the EFL as this got out and hadn’t been discussed with them

So while its not imminent, is it something that may be looked at down the line should we need to remain FFP compliant?

I’m very concerned about the levels of debt, and the recent losses reported are unsustainable.

The owners are committed. They can’t do any more. We are very tightly audited, and the accounts cause no concern. They have made guarantees to continue funding, no reason to expect any change any time soon.

Desai made a promise to "absolutely respect Jack Walker's legacy." As we approach the Venky's 10 year anniversary, what is your assessment of her delivery on that promise?

Waggott not happy

We are working with the trust on securing a heritage grant. This club has great history and needs to be celebrated more.

Disappointing turnout for a well publicised plea to clean the grave, which Waggott was one of only 10 people to attend.

He is all about respect. Part of his ethos. All employees have to subscribe to it.

If anyone feels he has disrespected them, please approach him. They can take it offline.

I think the disrespect to Jack’s legacy is more around how the we have gone from being the model example of how to run a town club, took us to the top of the pile, and we’ve had a decade of decline and never got near promotion in that time.

Humble people etc etc

Tony Parkes

There was a great deal of understanding around this. Rob Coar and Lynsey Talbot had both been looking at fitting tributes and been in touch with the Parkes family.

Bayes did a good job of explaining Tony’s current condition. He has recorded his acceptance speech for the next hall of fame class already.

Tony will be at the game tomorrow, and I wouldn’t be surprised if something was announced then.

Happily there seems to be a real willingness for the club to do what ever they can for Tony.

After the meeting

Spoke to Waggott – he was amiable and professional, and as always appeared open to discussion.

Stated that a lot of the questions were aimed at Venky’s and they weren’t there to answer.

Knows of the three and their links. Understands why this would be a concern. Isn’t a fan of agents. Won’t go above a 5% agents fee and has lost out on deals because of this stance. Always pays them last and prioritises local contractors, PAYE, HMRC etc. Has been pulled up about it in audits but will continue to keep them as last priority. Mentioned a couple of particularly bad agents and deals.

If and when the time comes to replace Mowbray (the way he worded it was ‘If Tony comes to me and tells me he’s had enough’) he will go to market, do his due diligence, and get the best man for the job.

Ultimately they are the owners, I’m doing what I can to make this club successful.

We spoke at length last time about this too. Mentioned the podcast I did with @Herbie6590 on here, and how positive I was after that. There are a small number of fans reluctantly not attending because of Venkys, a bigger number not attending due to league position and falling out of the habit, and a massive number of potential fans who see football as a TV or streaming experience. Its difficult and there is no magic formula.

He is aware of a guy on Facebook who has started his own streaming service where he charges people to watch Rovers games.

Spoke about Venkys

I said their long term view is unclear. There seemed to be a lot of understanding about what had gone on before. He asked if I thought there was anyone still there from those times before he arrived who I was concerned about. I said yes. He asked me to elaborate. I said obviously people like Lynsey Talbot and Rob Coar were fine and part of the furniture... and then there was Pasha. All he really said about Pasha was “I certainly wouldn’t call Suhail a low level employee.” And something along the lines of ‘He is the owners man and long term business advisor’.

He keeps trying to get them to come to a game. I was in the minority of one in the small group of fans involved in this chat who thought this was a bad idea.

He mentioned that they were reluctant since they get pelted with a snowball, everyone acknowledged the fanbase had softened. There would be some negativity displayed towards them, but they (me included) would likely be shouted down.

I said I didn’t feel they were humble. Waggott said they he had told them “They don’t need to turn up in helicopters or a convey of Rolls Royce’s, just a Mercedes 7 seater with blacked out windows, just come in quietly and watch the game.“

Balajio’s son is football mad. He will be the one signing the cheques one day. They want to get him along and involved. He’s the one at Reading Uni.

Chapman walks around with a hang dog look on his face. Doesn’t want to play for the u23’s… “Well, if Danny Graham can play for the U23’s you bloody well can!” We could do with that pace he brings. Its his head that’s stopping him.

It would be great to get promoted even just for a season. He’d want to invest in the infrastructure, get a hotel or something at the back of the Riverside – do something exciting with it, not increase the size. Safe standing a possibility

Summary

From my point of view, I really want to be able to distinguish between them and the club, and Venky’s. I recognise my refusal to buy a ticket is futile. It harms my enjoyment more than its intended target. When I didn’t go the criticism was ‘You aren’t supporting the team’, when I take up the offer of free tickets it’s ‘You aren’t supporting the club’. I don’t like doing either, despite what you may think @Paul Mani ;) My intention is to buy a season ticket again and sit with my family and friends, providing there aren’t any idiotic decisions taken in the coming weeks. In my opinion Waggott and Mowbray are likeable, committed and honest. I think they have the best of intentions, and that’s not something I’ve been able to say about some of their predecessors. So yeah, I need to make that small commitment.

Plenty of positives to take away, but plenty will remain unanswered as long as Venky’s remain remote. These meetings aren’t fit for purpose.

A very interesting post for which many thanks.

Waggott does emerge well from this - comes over as a decent man trying to do what's best for the club in sometimes difficult circumstances, something for those shouting for his removal to reflect on.

• Like 3

Why are talking about Kean in this thread as it has nothing to do this particular meeting. 

Thanks to @Paul Mani and @Miller11 for their summary. seems plenty of positives going forward. Waggott seems to be doing the best he can and Mowbray IMO seems to know where he gone wrong in the transfer market and will rectify this in the summer. Looking forward to rest of the season and the summer recruitment of players already

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 3

• Backroom
20 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't focus on negatives and I think some of it geared towards Walton is excessive, but when he says that deal fell in our lap, what would we have done if it didn't and why did we need to rely on that happening? 

Yeah that's pretty bloody worrying. Would we have been relying on Leutwiler?! 

A lot of the transfer window talk just comes across as excuses to me, although at least Mowbray did essentially admit it was a failure and he had failed and would have to answer for it - although I doubt it'll be much of a grilling. 

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

Yeah that's pretty bloody worrying. Would we have been relying on Leutwiler?! 

A lot of the transfer window talk just comes across as excuses to me, although at least Mowbray did essentially admit it was a failure and he had failed and would have to answer for it - although I doubt it'll be much of a grilling. 

He's a great man to bring a group together. Hopefully some of that siege mentality comes through on Saturday. 

Transfer wise, ya I think he needs help. 

44 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Transfer Window

Got close on some deals.

Mowbray angry

Yes.

Aiming for 2 keepers

Yes.

Commercial

Scrap the Waggott tax.

Planning around catering

Yes it was a bad idea.

Not the primary function

Stadium

Finance/Ownership

FFP position

Waggott not happy

Humble people etc etc

Tony Parkes

After the meeting

Spoke about Venkys

I said their long term view is unclear. There seemed to be a lot of understanding about what had gone on before. He asked if I thought there was anyone still there from those times before he arrived who I was concerned about. I said yes. He asked me to elaborate. I said obviously people like Lynsey Talbot and Rob Coar were fine and part of the furniture... and then there was Pasha. All he really said about Pasha was “I certainly wouldn’t call Suhail a low level employee.” And something along the lines of ‘He is the owners man and long term business advisor’.

I said I didn’t feel they were humble. Waggott said they he had told them “They don’t need to turn up in helicopters or a convey of Rolls Royce’s, just a Mercedes 7 seater with blacked out windows, just come in quietly and watch the game.“

Summary

Hi Miller11..

A good effort Miller11 on what was said. A good write there. Well done. You obviously have a great passion for the Rovers, bury the hatchet and get yourself a season ticket. You will be much happier. Let the past go and support Tony and the team. We need good fans like you...

Cheers Doogs

• Like 4

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

He's a great man to bring a group together. Hopefully some of that siege mentality comes through on Saturday. 

Transfer wise, ya I think he needs help. 

TM has never been able to balance a squad properly, going all the way back to his Celtic days when he was playing six strikers at once. Not saying he should be completely removed from the transfer process but should certainly not be in charge either. Same with contract renewals - his opinion should carry some weight, but he's made too many expensive mistakes (Mulgrew & Smallwood the most obvious ones at present) to be the decision maker. Ideally should have some kind of DoF above him doing the more cerebral stuff, leaving Tony to concentrate on the footballing side of things.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Should these meetings be only consisting of ‘Rovers ra ra ra’ season ticket holders or a cross section of the fanbase that includes lapsed/disillusioned supporters?

Wouldn’t the later be more helpful to the club when it comes to engagement and future strategies to get folk back through the door?

I don't know what a Rovers ra ra ra season ticket holder is, sorry.

I just know that I have a low opinion of boycotters and, if the previous post is true, I now have an even lower opinion of someone who attends on free tickets but then calls it boycotting.

I wouldn't want someone like that in the trenches with me.

I come out of reading these things not for the first time more convinced in Waggot than the manager. I suppose it's just because we've heard it all before from TM whose just defending his position. He has somewhat made it difficult for himself so not sure why the faux anger from him when he's pulled up on it. He's there to explain himself and take the heat away from the rest of them so he's bound to be in the firing line.

As i always say that middleman whose more than a low level employee should be at everyone of these. He's the owners man he speaks to them and obviously its been alluded now to that he's an important man around the club.

Step out of the shadows and face the music or forever remain under suspicion you coward.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bank Top Blue said:

I don't know what a Rovers ra ra ra season ticket holder is, sorry.

I just know that I have a low opinion of boycotters and, if the previous post is true, I now have an even lower opinion of someone who attends on free tickets but then calls it boycotting.

I wouldn't want someone like that in the trenches with me.

As in an audience consisting solely of the Birdy’s of this world, or even the likes of me, I never thought about stopping going even in the dark period of 2012. But Birdy and I aren’t representative of the entire fanbase.

1 hour ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

I'm not sure it's THAT funny. I didn't find it in the least bit funny that he was allowed to continue his job for far, far longer than he was allowed to through continuous failure that has potentially irreparably damaged this club. You've clearly forgotten this, or of course your ignoring it to make your point. 

Awkward was having my nuts felt by the doctor this morning, your retort was just mildly irritating like most of your posts.

Tbh I was laughing at the irony of you making such a bold statement and then asking me how long I had supported the club. When truth be known anyone who supports Rovers closely knew that Kean was pushed from within which was later reported as part of a potential law suit against the club.

As I said. It’s just awkward.

Been through this thread in its entirety and seems to me a number who went last night were seduced by Mowbray's persona just as many were in Blues Bar almost 12 months ago.  Compare what he said then and what has since happened, or rather not happened!

I didn't buy it then and even less likely to buy it now.  I think the man is a bullsh1tter and at best, a very, very average football manager.

As for Waggott, to talk about naming a training pitch after Tony Parkes, is, IMO, totally and utterly disdainful.  It is not as though the news of Parkes' illness was suddenly sprung upon him and he hadn't had time to think.  I think Waggott is intellectually challenged and way out of his depth as our CEO.

I think the sooner Mowbray and Waggott  are out of our club the better.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 3