BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Supporters Consultation Meeting

I remember when away fans where in the lower tier there was lots of chatter about putting them in the upper tier. Then, when the club did that there has been more chatter (on the Attendances thread I think ), about moving them back to improve the atmosphere.

Stuart - perhaps you can provide some evidence that having away fans in the lower tier has affected results? I’m not sure that there is any.

• Like 1

Chaddy rovers fan you should get yourself to one of these things , you clearly have more than an interest in the club. I really can’t understand why you are loath to such criticism. 

I can say first hand Mowbray is a charmer , hes 80 percent a good bloke however he is also a football manager so be a little wary . People do get star struck 

I’m all for treating away fans poorly . I can’t see any reason to have them close to the action 

Totally disagree on the Darwen End, apart from the terrible aesthetics of having a vast bank of 5000 empty seats at an end of the ground (no other club in the league has anything similar size wise, even those with an empty bottom tier) the atmosphere for US, the home side has decreased with no away fans to bounce off. How about a home atmosphere putting pressure on the ref?  Which is usually what happens at home games for clubs.

The whole thing is a nonsense anyway as they have now started putting pay on the day away fans in the bottom anyway, so Wigan for example had as nearly as many fans in the bottom tier as the upper! So what’s the point?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Totally disagree on the Darwen End, apart from the terrible aesthetics of having a vast bank of 5000 empty seats at an end of the ground (no other club in the league has anything similar size wise, even those with an empty bottom tier) the atmosphere for US, the home side has decreased with no away fans to bounce off. How about a home atmosphere putting pressure on the ref?  Which is usually what happens at home games for clubs.

The whole thing is a nonsense anyway as they have now started putting pay on the day away fans in the bottom anyway, so Wigan for example had as nearly as many fans in the bottom tier as the upper! So what’s the point?

This is what those not in favour of it neatly swerve surely just having that 3/400 hundred home fans down that end helps a bit when the ball is in that corner. 

Sitting in the JW upper it looks and sounds absolutely awful glancing at that end with no one in it i'm totally amazed anyone would think different. Even a few hundred either side of the fence gives it more of a football match feel, then again too many of our lot just love to sit in silence at the football and don't want anything interupting that !

• Like 1

• Backroom
20 hours ago, Bank Top Blue said:

If you're boycotting and refusing to pay money to help the club, what are you doing at a "supporter's" consultation meeting?

You remind me of someone....

• Like 3

For those who went it might be useful to write down the promises made or what the club claimed to “look into”. So when the next meeting happens hold them account for what they said in previous meetings. If nothing else when they trot out the same tired excuses next time there’ll be evidence to prove they’re just blagging it. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

I remember when away fans where in the lower tier there was lots of chatter about putting them in the upper tier. Then, when the club did that there has been more chatter (on the Attendances thread I think ), about moving them back to improve the atmosphere.

Stuart - perhaps you can provide some evidence that having away fans in the lower tier has affected results? I’m not sure that there is any.

Evidence is around you every week in football. The reaction of opposition fans has meant penalties, red cards, certainly yellow cards. How many fans get on their feet and wave the imaginary card at the ref? If you don’t believe that to be true then I say you are very naive.

If the rest of Ewood were full then we could easily outnumber them and hopefully shout them down but a compact away crowd right at pitchside does more harm than good.

If it isn’t true then there is no reason to put Rovers fans behind the away goal. Something I would be more supportive of than away fans but I still believe that it simply splits the BBE singers up and we all lose.

We need a fuller ground. That means imagination about how we bring in more home fans, not helping away fans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

You know we have polar opposite views on this Matty - and will likely never agree (although I do respect your opinion).

However, if you want more away fans so we have more to “bounce off” then we need more home fans - or we will simply get bounced.

Until then, keep them out of the way as much as possible.

12 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Yet we're on the same points as last year..... ??

This will be ignored as it doesn't fit the narrative.

I simply can't get passed the fact that Mowbray has had as much money to spend as anyone since Venkys have arrived and we haven't been in the play offs for a single second during his tenure. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Stuart said:

You know we have polar opposite views on this Matty - and will likely never agree (although I do respect your opinion).

However, if you want more away fans so we have more to “bounce off” then we need more home fans - or we will simply get bounced.

Until then, keep them out of the way as much as possible.

A happy medium... get a thousand or so home fans back in the Darwen End in way of a singing section... over to you Waggott

13 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

This will be ignored as it doesn't fit the narrative.

I simply can't get passed the fact that Mowbray has had as much money to spend as anyone since Venkys have arrived and we haven't been in the play offs for a single second during his tenure. 

What narrative? Be specific. 

From what I can see it seems you and a couple of others just snipe one or two sentences out of people's posts to try and sound clever. Usually out of context. It doesn't work. The adults are talking. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya with Dack injured and all. Testament to the management and squad. 

So were we ahead of our points total at the same time last year when Dack was injured? 

If the top 6 is the aim do you think its acceptable that we haven't been in at any point this season? 

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

What narrative? Be specific. 

From what I can see it seems you and a couple of others just snipe one or two sentences out of people's posts to try and sound clever. Usually out of context. It doesn't work. The adults are talking. 

The Tony Mowbray narrative. 

It doesn't work but you respond. Every. Single. Time. 

1 hour ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

So were we ahead of our points total at the same time last year when Dack was injured? 

If the top 6 is the aim do you think its acceptable that we haven't been in at any point this season? 

It doesn't matter. Being there at the end of the season is all that matters. 

Well now realistically it's very difficult due to injuries. We can all spout on about signings,but you tell me how we replace Dack and Holtby with 1.3 million. 

The moaners say we aren't progressing, then when it's pointed out that we have in many ways, they then say "well we aren't in the play offs". I just wonder if we did get into the play off places,  would it then change to "well if it wasn't for Mowbray ,we would be top 2" 

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It doesn't matter. Being there at the end of the season is all that matters. 

Well now realistically it's very difficult due to injuries. We can all spout on about signings,but you tell me how we replace Dack and Holtby with 1.3 million. 

The moaners say we aren't progressing, then when it's pointed out that we have in many ways, they then say "well we aren't in the play offs". I just wonder if we did get into the play off places,  would it then change to "well if it wasn't for Mowbray ,we would be top 2" 

How are we progressing? 

Going backwards in my opinion when you bare in mind the loans that will be leaving. We'll have a league 1 back 4 and no keeper.

• Like 1

Let's be honest we were pretty similar before this glut of injuries so we aren't not in the top 6 because of injuries.

It does however severely hamper any outside chance we had and we wouldn't know until about April how it was panning out anyway with a full squad.  Best aim for 10th place ish now and all things considered that wouldn't be a bad finish.  The lack of doing anything at all in this window ( i don't buy the sob stories )  has virtually thrown the towel in on any real ambitions this season.

Poor but not surprising so the interest now is seeing how they make the best of what we have and how he uses the kids. I don't want to see it petering out pandering to senior pros who shouldn't be here next season.

Plan for the future now - without them.

• Like 2