BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Supporters Consultation Meeting

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

What do you actually these meetings are about? 

Your attitude is like mob like attitude. 

Explain yourself bro !! Why is it ‘like mob like attitude ‘ . 
you never go to these things , you always have some sort of excuse , you barely make any away games , I’m not saying you should but you always seem quick to try and justify whatever you don’t do . 

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What do you actually these meetings are about? 

Your attitude is like mob like attitude. 

What are you rabbiting on about? Mowbray gets an easy ride from our fans full stop. He should be held to account for squandering that £12 million on two duds. Stats like the one quoted are indefensible. 

Youve also quoted me on here from the match thread. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

What are you rabbiting on about? Mowbray gets an easy ride from our fans full stop. He should be held to account for squandering that £12 million on two duds. Stats like the one quoted are indefensible.

Well maybe look into the reasons why so many fans like Mowbray and have so much time for the man

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Well maybe look into the reasons why so many fans like Mowbray and have so much time for the man

I ‘like’ Mowbray the man. Sort of bloke you’d want for a father in law. Doesn’t mean I don’t think we’d be fairing better under a different manager, or that somebody else could have spent that £12 million in thousands of better ways. 

• Like 7

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

You didn't a few.weeks ago, you wanted him gone.....you're a strange one Chaddy.

When we were 18th yes. Now we top half and doing much best. Looking forward to how Summer recruitment and how we go now with our European recruitment department up and running. Plus I was impressed with what fans said about Mowbray in the Supporters consultation meeting. I wont say anymore

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

When we were 18th yes. Now we top half and doing much best. Looking forward to how Summer recruitment and how we go now with our European recruitment department up and running. Plus I was impressed with what fans said about Mowbray in the Supporters consultation meeting. I wont say anymore

Yes have a break , you are clearly letting it wind you up . Invent a parents evening if that helps 

7 minutes ago, Inglorious basturk said:

Yes have a break , you are clearly letting it wind you up . Invent a parents evening if that helps 

Well I was at step daughter parent evening so patronising comments. Time to use the ignore button with you. If I don't reply to you or other people it's more likely you are on the ignore list

14 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

I think the one thing I took from the meeting is that Mowbray will definitely be here next season.  

That alone is a concern. At a normal club Mowbray's performance over the next 3 months would feed into whether he remains at the club into the summer.

Nothing wrong with wanting him to be and planning on the basis he will be but there's a lot of games to play yet and if we go on a repeat of last year and collapse over February and March I would expect that to be factored in rather than just completely ignored because we have injuries or have given up on promotion in January.

I look at Preston who we were almost at the point of overtaking not long ago who are now back in the play-off picture. I don't think their manager told their players that their season was over and to look to next season.

Just now, JHRover said:

That alone is a concern. At a normal club Mowbray's performance over the next 3 months would feed into whether he remains at the club into the summer.

Nothing wrong with wanting him to be and planning on the basis he will be but there's a lot of games to play yet and if we go on a repeat of last year and collapse over February and March I would expect that to be factored in rather than just completely ignored because we have injuries or have given up on promotion in January.

I look at Preston who we were almost at the point of overtaking not long ago who are now back in the play-off picture. I don't think their manager told their players that their season was over and to look to next season.

Has our manager said our season is over to the players?.

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

I don't think our manager has told our players that either.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I don't believe Mowbray said he had given up on aiming for the play-offs this season.  Despite the injury list, he stated quite clearly that it was still the goal that the players and staff were working towards.  He was merely pointing out that the summer is likely to see the emphasis on the foreign market and that plans - a full-time head of European scouting and others sifting through European matches at the moment, in the same way that most clubs seem to do these days - were in place to aid this.

Whoever was manager would have to work within the same boundaries that Mowbray is working with in terms of staying with the FFP regulations and maintaining a wage cap which is clearly well below other Championship clubs.  Those two factors aren't going to change which I think is fair enough. 

Personally, I took away from the meeting that the owners are still fully behind Mowbray and I suspect he will be given next season to see the plans he has put in place being implemented.  Again, I think that's not an unreasonable position to adopt.  If these plans don't produce a side that can challenge for promotion then I would expect his position to alter.

• Like 1

Just now, Parsonblue said:

I don't believe Mowbray said he had given up on aiming for the play-offs this season.  Despite the injury list, he stated quite clearly that it was still the goal that the players and staff were working towards.  He was merely pointing out that the summer is likely to see the emphasis on the foreign market and that plans - a full-time head of European scouting and others sifting through European matches at the moment, in the same way that most clubs seem to do these days - were in place to aid this.

Whoever was manager would have to work within the same boundaries that Mowbray is working with in terms of staying with the FFP regulations and maintaining a wage cap which is clearly well below other Championship clubs.  Those two factors aren't going to change which I think is fair enough. 

Personally, I took away from the meeting that the owners are still fully behind Mowbray and I suspect he will be given next season to see the plans he has put in place being implemented.  Again, I think that's not an unreasonable position to adopt.  If these plans don't produce a side that can challenge for promotion then I would expect his position to alter.

Why is Mowbray the right man to be given that opportunity having created our FFP problem?

• Like 4

Just now, Parsonblue said:

I believe you are correct that Mowbray will be given more time. The problem I have with that is I believe that is the case regardless of results and performances over the coming months.

It isn't April with only a couple of dead rubbers remaining. It is early February with months to go. Surely performance over these coming months should  be assessed by someone before a decision is made? If we were to go on and push for the top 6 I'd be more than happy and would agree Mowbray deserved a crack at next season. If we were to repeat the collapse of last February and March then that would indicate no progress.

Sadly I don't think our owners monitor such things and they place more importance on things like trust and good relationships than they do on performance and targets.

That's their choice of course but in the cut throat world of football I don't think there is that much room for sentiment and emotion. A manager should live or die by his results, not on how nice a man he is.

• Like 7

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Maybe it's because it's a massive over-simplification to say that Mowbray has created our FFP problem.

Well if we hadn't splashed £12m on two absolute duds we'd be in a much healthier position financially, so no I wouldn't say it's much of an oversimplification at all. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It is adapting "a mob like attitude" to feel like the manager should be heavily criticised and questioned for spending 12m on 2 absolutely joke footballers?

Groundhog day again. Lets keep going day after day the signings of Gallagher and Brereton. You literally never have a day off from talking about it. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
10 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Still an oversimpification.

We can spend roughly £13m per season via FFP. We literally spent a third of our entire FFP budget on two players who have flopped and we'd be no worse off without. It might be simple but it's also true. 

• Like 6