BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Supporters Consultation Meeting

• Backroom
3 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

When was this magical hour that I see mentioned every now and then?!

Looking back, I can only find us in the top 6 of this league twice since relegation in 2012.

22/08/12 - 06/10/12 Just after relegation, we bounced around in the play off positions for around 6 weeks or so, even spending a week at the top of the table.

22/11/14 - 06/12/14 Two weeks spent in 6th place after a 10 game unbeaten run, we then lost 2-1 to Sheff Wed at Ewood and never got anywhere near again.

I think it was between a 3pm and 5.30pm game which might be why it isn't easy to find.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Looking back, I can only find us in the top 6 of this league twice since relegation in 2012.

22/08/12 - 06/10/12 Just after relegation, we bounced around in the play off positions for around 6 weeks or so, even spending a week at the top of the table.

22/11/14 - 06/12/14 Two weeks spent in 6th place after a 10 game unbeaten run, we then lost 2-1 to Sheff Wed at Ewood and never got anywhere near again.

We kicked off early one Saturday and therefore when the whistle went we were in the 6. Once everybody else kicked off we weren't!

• Backroom
8 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

20th October 2018.

We were the early kick off, 12pm against Leeds. Won 2-1.

There were 3 or 4 teams that could overtake us in the 3pm's.

Most of them failed, but Norwich won with an 84th min goal, so what's that? -about 4.40pm. We were in 6th place for appox 3 hours.

They went 6th, we dropped to 7th never to be seen again. Norwich went on to win the league, we finished 15th. 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I was told last night that a Supporters Consultation Meeting took place on Thursday but this is unsubstantiated. According to the friend who told me neither of Waggott, Cheston or Silvester were there with Greg Coar and Lyndsey Talbot taking the questions.

Has anybody else heard anything?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I was told last night that a Supporters Consultation Meeting took place on Thursday but this is unsubstantiated. According to the friend who told me neither of Waggott, Cheston or Silvester were there with Greg Coar and Lyndsey Talbot taking the questions.

Has anybody else heard anything?

taking questions from who ?

and how did these individuals know about it when they are supposed to send invites out to all the individuals and groups who usually attend. e.g. Josh would have been contacted on behalf of BRFCS.

Sounds very fishy even by their standards.

56 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

taking questions from who ?

and how did these individuals know about it when they are supposed to send invites out to all the individuals and groups who usually attend. e.g. Josh would have been contacted on behalf of BRFCS.

Sounds very fishy even by their standards.

I have given you all the information I was given apart from a question about season tickets. Allegedly it was said that they were waiting to see what league we are in before they are advertised.

If there was a meeting somebody from the various fan groups should know. I got the story second hand but I was told who the originator was and I have no reason to disbelieve him.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I have given you all the information I was given apart from a question about season tickets. Allegedly it was said that they were waiting to see what league we are in before they are advertised.

If there was a meeting somebody from the various fan groups should know. I got the story second hand but I was told who the originator was and I have no reason to disbelieve him.

We’re usually invited to Fans Forum and Supporter Consultation Meetings and haven’t heard of either being arranged. 

This was NOT the normal supporters consultation meeting.

It was a consultation with fans over Zoom about the club's approach to next year's season tickets. Fans Forum members were invited but the club also invited others too. I flagged the meeting up on the Fans Forum thread a couple of weeks ago when a question was asked about fans consultation in that thread.

There were no answers provided - it was very much the club wanting to gauge fans' opinions on how sales should best be handled.

The club was represented by Greg Coar and Mike Graveston from the Commercial team and Lynsey Talbot.

• Like 3

What did this invited group offer as suggestions? 

Also, I hope the very real threat of a collapse in sales was brought up. Not just a round table of mutual back slapping; ‘well I’ll be renewing’, ‘gotta get behind the club’.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, only2garners said:

It was a consultation with fans over Zoom about the club's approach to next year's season tickets. Fans Forum members were invited but the club also invited others too. I flagged the meeting up on the Fans Forum thread a couple of weeks ago when a question was asked about fans consultation in that thread.

There were no answers provided - it was very much the club wanting to gauge fans' opinions on how sales should best be handled.

The club was represented by Greg Coar and Mike Graveston from the Commercial team and Lynsey Talbot.

Thanks. Will there be some minutes available of the meeting?

16 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Is it a promising sign that the meeting was hosted by the excellent Greg Coar and Lynsey Talbot and the other gentleman I haven't come across as opposed to Waggott and Cheston?

If I were in charge of the Club I wouldn't leave Waggott in charge of the vending machine after the Brockhall debacle.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Is it a promising sign that the meeting was hosted by the excellent Greg Coar and Lynsey Talbot and the other gentleman I haven't come across as opposed to Waggott and Cheston?

If I were in charge of the Club I wouldn't leave Waggott in charge of the vending machine after the Brockhall debacle.

I think this was just a chance for the team who develop the ST package having a chance to listen to the concerns of fans in what is a very difficult situation. Not so much about the current team performances which obviously have a big effect on ST sales (but which Greg and Mike have no input on) but more about the effect of the pandemic on plans.

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

What did this invited group offer as suggestions? 

Also, I hope the very real threat of a collapse in sales was brought up. Not just a round table of mutual back slapping; ‘well I’ll be renewing’, ‘gotta get behind the club’.

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

Thanks. Will there be some minutes available of the meeting?

No minutes taken as it was an informal session. Lynsey did record the meeting so that Greg and Mike can have the chance to go back over the comments.

I think the club are very well aware of the precarious situation, although they were reminded of it from several attendees.

Some of the topics covered were the £3 extra fee for late match ticket purchasers (again), a rolling ST, a ST for fewer than 23 games, iFollow plans for 21/22, protection of reserved seats, the possible reluctance of some fans to come whilst the pandemic is around, discounted games early in the season etc.

• Like 2