BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Home V Fulham 08/02/2020

12 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

The manager rewrites his own targets based on actuals and has no fear of accountability.

However we remember the only target is top 6 and failure means failure.

Failure should mean the sack at a normal club.

Knowing he is immune from such accountability he has said he will walk.

Let's see.

The only way I could see TM walking would be a finish lower than 15th. Even then I wouldn’t bet on it.

Anything above 15th can be spun as progress. “Especially with our injuries and FFP”.

I agree we aren’t a normal club and I’d be astonished if Venkys decided to replace him in the Summer. What a life.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

The only way I could see TM walking would be a finish lower than 15th. Even then I wouldn’t bet on it.

Anything above 15th can be spun as progress. “Especially with our injuries and FFP”.

I agree we aren’t a normal club and I’d be astonished if Venkys decided to replace him in the Summer. What a life.

Top 6 is the only target Stuart. i.e play offs or challenging.

7th or 8th within 3 points of the play offs is progress and acceptable success in that sense.

Same as last season is stagnation and  failure. No ifs, no spin, no buts, no excuses.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Top 6 is the only target Stuart. i.e play offs or challenging.

7th or 8th within 3 points of the play offs is progress and acceptable success in that sense.

Same as last season is stagnation and  failure. No ifs, no spin, no buts, no excuses.

Don’t disagree with any of that.

Don't see any reason why we can't win this.

Despite taking a three goal lead, Fulham fortunate to win their home game against Huddersfield and owe a huge debt of gratitude to their keeper for some great stops.

We need to get on the front foot from the off and get in their faces and then we've a chance.

As posted late Saturday, think there's bad news to come on Holtby and we wont see him until early / mid March. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

All 3 of them getting injured,no I didn't see that coming. Did you? You should do the lotto

But 2 of them were injured before the window even closed..No need for a medium there!

Given that we all knew that games were coming thick and fast, surely not even you would have expected not to have lost at least one more player to injury by mid-February.

Oh, the space between being Nostradamus and being in denial about the impact of no transfer business!

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

They've not lost their last few games though so on some decent enough form.

This is a tough game but our home form is very good. I'm calling a score draw.

My post was more a reply to Jim’s assertion that they have a ‘better manager’, he hasn’t done much either way from what I can see.

• Like 1

Just now, Mattyblue said:

My post was more a reply to Jim’s assertion that they have a ‘better manager’, he hasn’t done much either way from what I can see.

Definitely not considering the players and budget he has at his disposal. He may sneak into the automatic spots simply because Leeds crumble time after time.

With Fulham's quality on the ball Tony will be loathe to go 442. I'm pretty sure Bennett will come in at number 10 and Gallagher will persist on the right in a 4231. Other option would be Buckley at 10.

Gallagher got some decent flick ons and a couple of decent runs from the right against Boro. But did they produce any chances? Nope... 

Walton

Nyambe Lenihan Adarabioyo Bell

Johnson

Travis  Downing

Gallagher                         Rankin Costello

Armstrong

Play similar to the way we did last season against Brentford when we won 1 nil. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Walton

Nyambe Lenihan Adarabioyo Bell

Johnson

Travis  Downing

Gallagher                         Rankin Costello

Armstrong

Play similar to the way we did last season against Brentford when we won 1 nil. 

I just don’t see Johnson getting that many starts bro due to the company he keeps 

On 03/02/2020 at 19:33, OJRovers said:

Bennett should not play.

Corrected for you, OJR!!??

I've a soft spot for Fulham - the first match I remember my Dad bringing me to at Ewood in 1953 - and, at the start of the season, I thought they'd be pushing the top two harder than they are.

I think that, despite the Teesside Tinkerman, we can win this one by either the only goal, or the odd one in three. Our back four will have to keep a very close watch on Mitrovic, though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, m1st said:

Corrected for you, OJR!!??

I've a soft spot for Fulham - the first match I remember my Dad bringing me to at Ewood in 1953 - and, at the start of the season, I thought they'd be pushing the top two harder than they are.

I think that, despite the Teesside Tinkerman, we can win this one by either the only goal, or the odd one in three. Our back four will have to keep a very close watch on Mitrovic, though.

Nice memories, m1st!

i would be elated with a point vs Fulham- I know it’s at Ewood, we need 3’s, not 1’s, etc. it’s still a top side, with top talent. We’re a beat-up squad, struggling to find a healthy 11.

2-2, Cairney gets one, assists the other. Out of all the players we lost the last few years, he’s the one I miss most. 

Edited by WacoRover
  • Like 1

First of the interesting home games to come before the end of the season, which should not only decide any playoff ambitions, but also go a way to showing how competitive we'd even be if we managed to sneak into the top 6.

Saturday - Fulham (3rd)

*Then after Hull (14th) and Stoke (21st)*

29th February - Swansea (8th)

14th March - Bristol City (6th)

4th April - Leeds United (2nd)

13th April - West Bromwich Albion (1st)

• Like 1

Walton
Nyambe   Lenihan   Tosin   Williams   Bell

Travis      Johnson

Downing

Graham      Armstrong

5-2-3. I like Downing behind the forwards, he's a creative player and has shown on multiple occasions he can shoot from the edge of the box. Without Holtby it'd be easy to change the midfield drastically, but against a strong Fulham side, I'd go with a 5 back. Allow the hot in form Nyambe to roam forward, Johnson and Travis can hold the midfield and Armstrong can drift around Graham.

I think he'll play Gallagher, which renders this whole thing useless, as Gallagher in this formation would feel like playing with 10 men all game. but I think Graham has the capability to glue this kind of tactic together. Tosin can control the play and keep possession with MUCH more freedom as a centre back in a three with much more cover also.

Alternatively:

Walton
Nyambe   Lenihan   Tosin   Williams   Downing

Travis      Johnson

Rankin-Costello

Graham      Armstrong

Edited by JoeH

3 hours ago, rog of the rovers said:

First of the interesting home games to come before the end of the season, which should not only decide any playoff ambitions, but also go a way to showing how competitive we'd even be if we managed to sneak into the top 6.

Saturday - Fulham (3rd)

*Then after Hull (14th) and Stoke (21st)*

29th February - Swansea (8th)

14th March - Bristol City (6th)

4th April - Leeds United (2nd)

13th April - West Bromwich Albion (1st)

Yes, very tough scheduling the rest of the way. From those seven, with the injuries we have, I could see us get eight points, no more. If we get Rothwell & Holtby in a reasonable time, maybe more. 

TM certainly has his work cut out for him.