BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Home V Fulham 08/02/2020

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

They would know if he could play at the weekend though. They would have known that almost immediately. Certainly by Monday or Tuesday. 

I am just holding hope that there may be a miracle and that's why it hasn't been announced. 

not always. Mowbray has said a couple of weeks on the 1st Feb. Its a Knee ligament problem. So we need very careful with him. I would be surprise if Rovers risk him in any games in Feb

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

not always. Mowbray has said a couple of weeks on the 1st Feb. Its a Knee ligament problem. So we need very careful with him. I would be surprise if Rovers risk him in any games in Feb

Yes, he said that immediately after the game. So he really wouldn't have know too much. It would suggest this weekend is extremely unlikely though. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Yes, he said that immediately after the game. So he really wouldn't have know too much. It would suggest this weekend is extremely unlikely though. 

I think this Month is unlikely tbh. We need to curious and careful with Holtby

Edited by chaddyrovers

An entirely predictable development. Whilst unfortunate only an idiot would have expected us to navigate the rest of the season without long term injury.

Unfortunately for Holtby and the reason he is at Rovers is he has never been good with fitness and injuries. If our solution to the Dack injury was to sit back and hope Holtby picked up the slack whilst playing 20 odd games without injury then someone needs firing because it was never going to work.

Like early last February we were punished by losing Lenihan, the same has happened now.

You get what you deserve and we've asked for this.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

An entirely predictable development. Whilst unfortunate only an idiot would have expected us to navigate the rest of the season without long term injury.

Unfortunately for Holtby and the reason he is at Rovers is he has never been good with fitness and injuries. If our solution to the Dack injury was to sit back and hope Holtby picked up the slack whilst playing 20 odd games without injury then someone needs firing because it was never going to work.

Like early last February we were punished by losing Lenihan, the same has happened now.

We certainly should have gotten someone in, at least a loan. 

Still, its a bit different to last season(which I think was worse) , insofar as it's very, very unlucky that Dack, Rothwell and Holtby have all gotten injured. People are looking for someone to blame for that, but I don't think that is realistic. 

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Strangely even after losing Dack, Holtby and Rothwell I still feel more confident in picking up results then when we lost just Lenihan at the back.

Our results fall off a cliff every time he’s out.

My thoughts exactly. Without him, we concede and lose. Our problem now will be scoring goals, but we are certainly more likely to grind results out with our defence intact. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

So we have gone from Dack, Rothwell and Holtby to Chapman, Samuel and Buckley. 

Big chance for the lads. Career defining. 

Samuel, several good games and new contract i'm calling it now. Then revert to type, yes i know he's been injured and i'm glad he's fit and playing again but he needs moving on in summer.

It's about progress for the club and we've seen enough to know he doesn't offer enough but he's a TM player so i'm expecting him being kept around.

Other two yes agree and hope they get some chances and take them they are the future.

Just now, tomphil said:

Samuel, several good games and new contract i'm calling it now. Then revert to type, yes i know he's been injured and i'm glad he's fit and playing again but he needs moving on in summer.

It's about progress for the club and we've seen enough to know he doesn't offer enough but he's a TM player so i'm expecting him being kept around.

Other two yes agree and hope they get some chances and take them they are the future.

It's last chance saloon for Samuel here. He will have his work cut out, because the question needs to be asked, will he get that chance on the wing (ludicrous) or upfront? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We certainly should have gotten someone in, at least a loan. 

Still, its a bit different to last season(which I think was worse) , insofar as it's very, very unlucky that Dack, Rothwell and Holtby have all gotten injured. People are looking for someone to blame for that, but I don't think that is realistic. 

When did Dack get injured?

We had time and opportunity to address his absence and failed.

Anyone who has paid any attention to Holtby's career would know he's an injury waiting to happen. One hell of a gamble.

A serious club would have gone and signed a Dack replacement the minute his injury was diagnosed. Instead we've done the usual routine of shuffle around, make do and mend and now we will suffer the consequences of that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's last chance saloon for Samuel here. He will have his work cut out, because the question needs to be asked, will he get that chance on the wing (ludicrous) or upfront? 

He's another who should be out on loan now getting games back in him and there were supposed to be several lower lge and Scottish second tier in for him.

Odd that he's not gone so unless it's a wage issue or loan fee then i'm assuming he's been tipped the nod there'll be a chance here if he sticks around. Pointless keeping him imo when there is Gallagher and Brereton who fill the same roll and we are supposed to be after a right winger, then there's Chapman.

Samuel is no worse than those other two but he's no better either and arguably of less potential, he's a league 1'er and that's where he should head.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

When did Dack get injured?

We had time and opportunity to address his absence and failed.

Anyone who has paid any attention to Holtby's career would know he's an injury waiting to happen. One hell of a gamble.

A serious club would have gone and signed a Dack replacement the minute his injury was diagnosed. Instead we've done the usual routine of shuffle around, make do and mend and now we will suffer the consequences of that.

When Dack got injured we still had Rothwell, Holtby and Buckley who can play that role. When Rothwell got injured we should have pushed to get a loan over the line whatever the cost. That is poor. It's still extremely unlucky that they have all gotten injured though. Any club in the league would feel the impact of that happening. 

You reference Holtbys injury record, as others do regularly. In the last 5-6 seasons he has played around 25-30 games a season, so he isn't a complete ambulance chaser akin to some players we have had here. It's easy just to label him that now. 

• Like 2

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

When Dack got injured we still had Rothwell, Holtby and Buckley who can play that role. When Rothwell got injured we should have pushed to get a loan over the line whatever the cost. That is poor. It's still extremely unlucky that they have all gotten injured though. Any club in the league would feel the impact of that happening. 

You reference Holtbys injury record, as others do regularly. In the last 5-6 seasons he has played around 25-30 games a season, so he isn't a complete ambulance chaser akin to some players we have had here. It's easy just to label him that now. 

Again, I think hoping those 3 were adequate replacements for Dack was foolish and naive. Buckley has looked out of his depth, Holtby not put a run together and the manager clearly doesn't fancy Rothwell.

Doesn't really matter now though. Just looking forward to Mowbray and co. moaning about our injuries and the cycle will be complete. 

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Again, I think hoping those 3 were adequate replacements for Dack was foolish and naive. Buckley has looked out of his depth, Holtby not put a run together and the manager clearly doesn't fancy Rothwell.

Doesn't really matter now though. Just looking forward to Mowbray and co. moaning about our injuries and the cycle will be complete. 

Disagree with that. 

I think it's fair enough to moan, but he should then be questioned on our January window. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Mowbrays asked for this along with the rest of his staff. Any fan with sense was saying at the beginning of January that the club needed a player or two but unfortunately they've done exactly the same as last year.

Just waiting on fans to realise that come the summer a player or two will be gone. Why do people think FFP has been all that's said over the last 5 weeks.

Bowyer Mk11 in front of our eyes.

Mowbray out.

2 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Bell may have great pace and be good technically although would debate the latter but it doesn't change the fact that he has none of the attributes of a good defender.

Gallagher is not in the team to defend he is an attacker and his main job is to score/create goals which he doesn't do enough.

Buckley is not ready for Championship football, a spell out on loan would help him a lot.

Buckley is our best bet now in the number 10 role, after all the unfortunate injuries. Like Holtby don't think he is a great fit for the other positions.

I am no great fan of Bell, but I have to give him credit for his improvement. He seems to do okay with solid players around him. But let's hope Thompson gets into the squad.

Personally I am glad we didn't sign a left back or that winger from Newcastle.

I like us having a big forward when we are defending corners, and think Johnson's Ariel ability is handy, and he makes a good sub to help us see a game out.

My biggest problem is Bennett. He tries hard but offers very little. And JRC is better at defending and attacking than him imo.

• Like 1

With no dack Rothwell or hotlby now, I would stick Armstrong off Gallagher or Graham. Get the Heskey/Owen Partnership going.

Travis Johnson

someoneElse              Armstrong                Downing

Gallagher Or Graham