BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Home V Fulham 08/02/2020

Got too go too a 4,4,2 and play the lads in there proper  roles . Walton .Nyambe . Lenihan. Tosin  Bell . JRC . Travis Downing Chapman Armstrong  Gallagher . If Bennett  gets in over JRC then TM should just go the fella will gain more by playing the younger  lads and the fans will get behind them. TM you stumbled  on Travis last season and JRC this season now give Chapman a run too

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Just saw this goal on Twitter,I do not remember it. What an absolute worldy. 

Official opening of ‘The New Ewood’ that day, Jack himself cutting the ribbon... so obviously we spanked Forest 7-0!

If you go to the main reception of the Jack Walker stand there is a plaque commemorating it.

• Like 3

Been a tough few days for Rovers losing Holtby for the season.  Options getting a wee bit thin for us.  What are folks expecting?  Change of formation?  Who do you think has the most to gain from the injuries.  Whatever happens, I am hopeful we can continue our unbeaten run and would gladly take 4 points from the next two matches.

Would play

walton

nyambe Lenihan Tosin bell

Buckley travis Downing 

Brereton Armstrong JRC

With these injuries we have no choice but to give some of the younger lads a run in the team. Hopefully they can come of age and help us out in this injury crisis

Edited by TruRover
  • Like 2

That is absolutely incredible that we have 4 starting line up midfielders out injured, including easily our top 3 most creative players, most of them for the rest of the season. It really feels like the world is against us at this point. It kills me to admit defeat, but it does look like any points we pick up until the rest of the season, starting tomorrow, can only be a bonus.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

It would follow absolutely no logic to stick Bennett in the midfield 3, theres no need for him to be starting. Johnson is an actual central midfielder so surely he starts over Bennett.

did you not see his performance in the Brentford home game last season when he played in the 10 role and was very good. Brentford play very similar to Fulham were. both short passing teams and play 4-3-3 formation. 

We need to stop Cairney from dominating the game for them

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

did you not see his performance in the Brentford home game last season when he played in the 10 role and was very good. Brentford play very similar to Fulham were. both short passing teams and play 4-3-3 formation. 

We need to stop Cairney from dominating the game for them

You repeatedly refer back to that game as you know that it is the one home game that I missed last season! He was also integral to a dismal performance, probably our worst of the season at Home to Stoke playing centrally. He lacks any attacking or technical ability and is not a Championship standard player. 

Elliott Bennett should not be getting into our starting 11, and he is not in our best 3 central midfielders if we indeed go down the route of playing that formation. Bradley Johnson would be ahead of him and if we didnt play him, I would prefer to give Jacob Davenport a game, Bennett we know isnt capable at this level, Davenport supposedly has plenty of potential so why not?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You repeatedly refer back to that game as you know that it is the one home game that I missed last season! He was also integral to a dismal performance, probably our worst of the season at Home to Stoke playing centrally. He lacks any attacking or technical ability and is not a Championship standard player. 

Elliott Bennett should not be getting into our starting 11, and he is not in our best 3 central midfielders if we indeed go down the route of playing that formation. Bradley Johnson would be ahead of him and if we didnt play him, I would prefer to give Jacob Davenport a game, Bennett we know isnt capable at this level, Davenport supposedly has plenty of potential so why not?

Probably that way against Stoke was just wrong. I choose the Brentford game at home cos they play a similar style of play and formation as I stated before. Nothing to do with you attending the game. Nothing to do with me if you attend of not. Not for me to know. 

I have repeating same the way to beat is to play a 4-3-3 and match them and be solid defensively and play on the counter. 

On Davenport, I'm sure he will be the squad tomorrow and he will get his chance before end of the season

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Probably that way against Stoke was just wrong. I choose the Brentford game at home cos they play a similar style of play and formation as I stated before. Nothing to do with you attending the game. Nothing to do with me if you attend of not. Not for me to know. 

I have repeating same the way to beat is to play a 4-3-3 and match them and be solid defensively and play on the counter. 

On Davenport, I'm sure he will be the squad tomorrow and he will get his chance before end of the season

Even if we go with a 433 Bennett should be well down the list of potential players. Using that isolated example as proof that Bennett should start tomorrow in midfield could also lead to Smallwood and Mulgrew starting tomorrow and us rueing the loss of Joe Nuttall. 

• Moderation Lead
17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Even with the amount of injuries we have, it’s the wrong call to play Bennett as a number 10.

At a push, he should play wide right, and that’s only because literally anyone that’s a winger should be playing right wing instead of Gallagher, who’s been awful there every time.

Granted, it’s not his fault that Mowbray keeps picking him there. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Even if we go with a 433 Bennett should be well down the list of potential players. Using that isolated example as proof that Bennett should start tomorrow in midfield could also lead to Smallwood and Mulgrew starting tomorrow and us rueing the loss of Joe Nuttall. 

Cos that isolated example was one of reasons we actually won that game. 

I wouldn't even pick Smallwood or Mulgrew even after the injuries we got. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cos that isolated example was one of reasons we actually won that game. 

I wouldn't even pick Smallwood or Mulgrew even after the injuries we got. 

They also played in that win so your argument is faulty. Bennett has proven time and time again that he isnt good enough. If I see his name on the team sheet tomorrow it would displease me.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

They also played in that win so your argument is faulty. Bennett has proven time and time again that he isnt good enough. If I see his name on the team sheet tomorrow it would displease me.

did either play in the ten role? We have upgrade on Smallwood and Mulgrew in terms of quality of Travis and Adarabioyo. 

It was also the way I was talking about aswell like being solid defensively and playing on the counter

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

did either play in the ten role? We have upgrade on Smallwood and Mulgrew in terms of quality of Travis and Adarabioyo. 

It was also the way I was talking about aswell like being solid defensively and playing on the counter

Johnson, Travis and Downing was your midfield 3 in the team you suggested. Has this change or are you just covering all bases?