BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Home V Fulham 08/02/2020

On 09/02/2020 at 04:36, Pedro said:

I was only joking. I know what you mean - I was taking the Micky out of those who like to pretend we are a League One club.

What would Mashed Taters say about Leicester? Wolves? Sheffield Utd? Southampton? Huddersfield? etc. Who were also down in League One but didn't hang about simply feeling grateful to be damp squibs or slow burners in the Championship.

Population and catchment areas of those little town clubs?

On 09/02/2020 at 15:29, frosty said:

How anyone is still talking about the playoffs is beyond me. The only time this season I've given it serious thought was after Bristol City away when I thought that maybe, just maybe, we'd turned some sort of corner as that wasn't the kind of victory that we usually got.

Then, when we had chance to actually enter the top 6, we of course stunk the place out in home games v Wigan and Birmingham and it became clear that we'd just end up plodding in mid-table.

Bit like last year when we beat Hull with a lovely performance.  I thought we had turned a corner too but it was to bottom dropped out street.

• Like 1

On 08/02/2020 at 17:30, Exiled_Rover said:

Anyone could be a football manager if all you had to do was pick the best players - and wait for those who weren't performing to tear up trees in the reserves.

You have to manage personalities - clearly Mowbray has done a bad job at that with Chapman (and Brereton). 

Or maybe the lads hold some personal responsibility, just a thought