BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Home V Fulham 08/02/2020

• Backroom

The kind of performance I feared with all of our creative outlets injured. Going to be a long end to the season I think. If Arma's purple patch is over we're going to struggle to score more than one a game which is going to put a heavy burden on our defence. 

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

The kind of performance I feared with all of our creative outlets injured. Going to be a long end to the season I think. If Arma's purple patch is over we're going to struggle to score more than one a game which is going to put a heavy burden on our defence. 

Agreed. Writing was on th wall. Need Rothwell back and some consistency from him 

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

You have to manage different personalities differently - not everyone is a motivated self-starter. Some need an arm round the shoulder, some need a boot up the arse. 

From the outside looking in, Chapman has been brought in and left to 'prove himself' in the reserves for 6 months, despite our first team screaming out for pace and width. He doesn't even make the bench - some personalities react to that by taking their ball and going home. 

He has injury problems though and certainly hasn't made himself must pick with his performances in the under 23s

Mowbray has his faults, but he generally seems to get on with and manage players personality's well 

No excuse for sulking 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I can only judge them based on what I've seen of them today - poor side. 

Defensively, from front to back, they were excellent. Going forward they didnt create loads but they controlled the game and you always felt if they got in front it was game over.

• Like 1

Entirely predictable result -  although I said 2-1 Fulham. 

Fulham too good for us, and I cannot see why anyone thought we would win this match.

Another wasted season wallowing in mid table but Tony's pension pot is much fatter.

Will be going to Charlton next week for a good day out but there's no way we;ll beat them

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He has injury problems though and certainly hasn't made himself must pick with his performances in the under 23s

Mowbray has his faults, but he generally seems to get on with and manage players personality's well 

No excuse for sulking 

Anyone could be a football manager if all you had to do was pick the best players - and wait for those who weren't performing to tear up trees in the reserves.

You have to manage personalities - clearly Mowbray has done a bad job at that with Chapman (and Brereton). 

Edited by Exiled_Rover

22 minutes ago, Trinidad Rover said:

No surprises really. Need to adjust expectations based on the injury list, top 6 is a pipe dream.

You can’t blame TM for injuries and as he’s said, what is the point spending our very limited budget on someone who won’t start in future?

These injuries are the best possible outcome for Tony. Expectations eliminated with him blameless. He’s also managed to blame FFP despite causing FFP to be an issue.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Anyone could be a football manager if all you had to do was pick the best players - and wait for those who weren't performing to tear up trees in the reserves.

You have to manage personalities - clearly Mowbray has done a bad job at that with Chapman. 

Chapman has achieved nothing in the game - maybe the fault lies with him ?

• Like 2

Absolute garbage.

Players looking forward to their summer hols already. No passion desire or commitment whatsoever.

One shot on target over the 90 minutes.

A new record probably set  as we saw all  five of our available central  forwards strung  across the pitch at various points. If Chapman couldn't do better than Samuel or Gallagher out wide I'll eat my hat.

Message to the owners: please sack this idiot of a manager now and put him and us out of our misery. Otherwise it'll be just more of the same next season.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Stuart said:

These injuries are the best possible outcome for Tony. Expectations eliminated with him blameless. He’s also managed to blame FFP despite causing FFP to be an issue.

Yes, I’m sure he sits at home rubbing his hands with glee 3 of his best players are out for the season. Probably at the same time he draws up his plans to prevent us going up.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Absolute garbage.

Players looking forward to their summer hols already. No passion desire or commitment whatsoever.

A new record probably set  as we saw all  five of our available central  forwards strung  across the pitch at various points. If Chapman couldn't do better than Samuel or Gallagher out wide I'll eat my hat.

Message to the owners: please sack this idiot of a manager now and put him and us out of our misery. Otherwise it'll be just more of the same next season.

Message to owners.....fuck off.

Just now, Stuart said:

To be fair, when interviewed on Radio Lancs, Mowbray was offered the injuries as an excuse and he declined the opportunity to use it. I suspect in the great scheme of things Tony probably doesn't need an excuse but that's another story.

Anywho...

Today’s game. Dire. We are back where we were under Bowyer. Trying to keep a 0-0 at all costs and then when that is lost we throw the kitchen sink at trying to get a 1-1.

You do wonder though - in a game where Mowbray fans will say “they are promotion candidates we can’t possibly expect to win” - could he have thrown caution to the wind and gone out to try to get a goal before they scored? In a division where “anyone can beat anyone” and two wins separate 8th from 15th we do seem to think ourselves as huge underdogs and set up accordingly.

Cant fathom why we brought off Armstrong and started pinging balls out wide left to Gallagher. Surely it should have been Gally off and Arma out wide? A lot of huffing and puffing but no real end product. Limit passing was woeful.

The only real gripe would be the offside flag for our disallowed goal in the second half. Didn’t look offside when the ball was played. Maybe Tony could point to that and feel a little aggrieved but then we wouldn’t have had a mildly exciting last 5 minutes.

Just now, Trinidad Rover said:

Yes, I’m sure he sits at home rubbing his hands with glee 3 of his best players are out for the season. Probably at the same time he draws up his plans to prevent us going up.

He is under even less pressure than before to get results. Must be a nice job. His longest gig in football.

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Absolute garbage.

And maybe the season after that too, a wasted few years under Mowbray, we will never progess with him and his cronies in charge of the club.

Jobs for the boys !

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Just heard TM:

With three strikers on he expected ball to be played in area but it didn't happen.

Not blaming injuries.

Was never off side, nothing wrong with our goal.

I listened to his interview on Radio Lancs and then the one with Alex Neill at Preston. Absolutely chalk and cheese. One would talk a glass eye to sleep the other was full of enthusiasm and aggressive intent.

Tony's view was JRC will never replace the likes of Dack or Holtby if he lives to be a thousand !

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 6