BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Home V Fulham 08/02/2020

14 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

We are 7 games away from having our £12 million "strike force" go the entire season without either of them getting a single goal at Ewood.

Sack the manager.

Don’t be silly. No other manager on the planet could have us in midtable mediocrity for £12m. All hail Mowbray! 

• Like 5

Referee has mugged us off... scratched off a complete 100% legal goal! However in all honesty I was not expecting too much from this one, but having digested the performance for a few hours I am little concerned at how we will perform for Tuesday night which is a must win game if we want to remain in the playoff discussion.  Thoughts from the gaffa, the fans and more.

1 minute ago, @roverseas said:

Referee has mugged us off... scratched off a complete 100% legal goal! However in all honesty I was not expecting too much from this one, but having digested the performance for a few hours I am little concerned at how we will perform for Tuesday night which is a must win game if we want to remain in the playoff discussion.  Thoughts from the gaffa, the fans and more.

Let me save you the concern. We are no longer in the playoff discussion.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I thought the game was pretty even. Sure they have better players but we dealt with them pretty easily. It was always gonna be settled with a bit of luck and / or magic and their goal had both. Alternatively it Looks like Lenihan’s goal was 3yrds on but whatever. 

I’ve no complaints. We gave everything in terms of endeavour but just didn’t have enough quality.

Why haven't we got enough quality?? Mowbray has had enough time and enough money to recruit a whole team of quality players.

You should have lots of complaints!

• Like 4

Don’t know if many of you have watched the Leeds doc on prime, but regardless of your thoughts on Leeds and the fact they seem to bottle it every season, that’s a regime I could really get behind. An owner who is likeable, determined to succeed and Engages with fans. A manager who demands respect and fairness and who identifies where weaknesses are in the team and will drop fan favourites. A young team who wear shirt with pride and play good attacking football. Just about everything we aren’t to be honest and it really grates me. I hate saying it but I don’t like my own team just now. No wonder Ewood is quarter full 

• Like 4

well of course I feel so mad blody southern pillocks! it was hard to be defeated in our ground after a good while buuut....
Let's be honest pals we did a good match a very good one even...if we think about how deplet is our squad right now...we loose yes but we can't win all matches isn't? they belongs right now to another level and is pretty simple they were better nooow...

We have a different reality at least this season we are fighting to finish on top 10 a more than decent, remarkable  position for being our second year back to championship...
I'm not saying it's nice to lose what I'm saying is that some teams are better cause has richer squads and better financial infrastructure...

We display a more than decent football with a very short roster using young lads that could turn to our future and honestly could be great! Costello did it well enough to me...

Cheer you up a little pals sup up some ales and still supporting cause the hardest part of season is coming and won't be easy but if we keep displaying  this kind of football hull won't be a hard rival for us I trust my Rovers Up the Rovers! COYB wining or loosing I'M BLACKBURN TILL I DIE TILL I DIE!!! l
#ImRoversTillIDie 
#COYB 
#TheMexicanRover 
#Top10season

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

Why haven't we got enough quality?? Mowbray has had enough time and enough money to recruit a whole team of quality players.

You should have lots of complaints!

The back 5 vs Burton in his very first game was Steele, Williams, mulgrew, lenihan, nyambe. 6 windows later the only permanent addition the poor Bell and managed to downgrade Raya. Both Graham and Gallagher played in that game the former all but finished (although better than the rabble starting) and Gallagher is much worse. Arma is an improvement but on balance not much improvement. The midfield is 100% better than in his opening game. So in 3 years he’s pretty much only managed to strengthen the midfield.

Just how long does this guy need. At this rate we’ll have a better defence/attack sometime around 2025 and ready for a play off push. What will the debt be then £200 million.

The clocks ticking. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

On the EFL show on Quest

Even at the time he look onside

Not sure you can say he is definitely on from the footage on Quest, inconclusive.

Sat in the Riverside it was close, but I couldn't say either way whether it was on or off.

Anyway, special mention for Bradley Johnson today, he was simply horrible. The season is gone, surely we should be looking at Davenport for the rest of the season and hoping he can forge a partnership with Trav to take into next season?

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 4

My initial reaction was offside and on the quest highlights also looked off. Unless we get a proper angle I guess we will never know but to make it easier to take, one point, no points, it really doesn’t matter anymore. The only thing that mattered is Costello got a good hour or so and five or six thousand blokes dodged shopping trips and menial chores. COYB

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Anyway, special mention for Bradley Johnson today, he was simply horrible. The season is gone, surely we should be looking at Davenport for the rest of the season and hoping he can forge a partnership with Trav to take into next season?

Actually, Johnson is so off the pace, it was painful to watch. This just show how vital Travis is to us in CM at the moment.

• Like 3

Tony Tony Tony, without creativity or a supply line you could have 5 strikers up front and we still won’t score! A winger or a decent midfielder will do, it is as simple as that.

Gally, Brereton do not belong on the wing, they are centre forwards. Armstrong has the pace and quality to provide so change it.

The lack of substitution nouse yesterday was awful, JRc should have been hooked at half time poor lad was overrun. 
if we can see it then why can’t you?

Anyhow off to Poland cheerio????

• Like 2

Come off it fellas. Fulham have spent a small fortune! I thought Bryan, Cavaleiro, Hector and Reid were absolutely class! Mitrovic is prob on £100k a week there And his finish showed why. Cairney £70k? Their overall budget is probably 5x ours... It’s a different world!

And yet, we dealt with them admirably and overall probably deserved a point. If we’d had Dack and any one of Rothwell, Holtby or Evans we could’ve nicked it.

I think we have had a mixed bag of performances at home this season. But as fans I believe we need to set up for more attritional type performances until we get Rothwell back and then Holtby and hopefully Dack in the summer. I want to see runs for JRC and Buckley over the remainder of the season.

On a separate note, I thought Nyambe, Lenihan and Travis were brilliant yesterday. Travis in particular looks more ‘complete’ than ever.

One negative was Gallagher. He was dreadful. I don’t know how he lasted 70 mins out there. Having survived it, I was surprised not to see him removed but he actually did look much better coming in from the left. Great save from the keeper to deny him.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Not sure you can say he is definitely on from the footage on Quest, inconclusive.

Sat in the Riverside it was close, but I couldn't say either way whether it was on or off.

I agree re Johnson. I’d play Davenport too

21 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

My initial reaction was offside and on the quest highlights also looked off. Unless we get a proper angle I guess we will never know but to make it easier to take, one point, no points, it really doesn’t matter anymore. The only thing that mattered is Costello got a good hour or so and five or six thousand blokes dodged shopping trips and menial chores. COYB

The debate after was whether a Rovers player touched the ball on it's way to Lenihan. Apparently it has been proven that he is onside when the pass/shot is made but in an offside position when he gets the ball. It's really difficult to see if anybody does touch it so pretty much inconclusive I'd say.

• Like 3

Why do people keep saying if we had Dack and Rothwell like we haven’t had them for the last two seasons and been bored out of Ewood without a shot on target. It’s not a new thing in light of the injuries. We had both on that awful run last year. Couldn’t buy a win. Luton, Barnsley , Wigan, charlton, cardiff this season off top of my head. All who have far inferior wage and transfer structure. It’s no excuse. Sick to death of finding justification for garbage

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 8

48 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

35 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Well we do know cos our manager has commented on it unless you think he lying guys. He was on side by 2 or 3 yards according to Mowbray last night. Even at the time he look on side to me. Cos Lenihan ran on to the ball from just outside of the box whilst Fulham defenders are static on edge of the ball or 17 yards out from the goal line. 

7 hours ago, @roverseas said:

Funny watching the Mowbray comments (from 8:58). We agree quite a bit on the match analysis, we just disagree on who is responsible. He says the players (and their game management) and he singles out JRC (while curiously defending him, by saying “he’s no Dack”), I say him. Mainly due to his tactics but also for where we have ended up since he wasted our transfer budget.

It seems like he is happy to pay well over the odds to other clubs but wants to maintain a wage structure to keep players happy. Surely he should be bringing in the best players he can and make the others hungry for more?

It’s a false economy to pay £12m to Forest and Southampton to save £2m on the wage bill.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well we do know cos our manager has commented on it unless you think he lying guys. He was on side by 2 or 3 yards according to Mowbray last night. Even at the time he look on side to me. Cos Lenihan ran on to the ball from just outside of the box whilst Fulham defenders are static on edge of the ball or 17 yards out from the goal line. 

No I don’t think he’s lying. Just saying what I saw but the highlights don’t show lenihans starting point and I wasn’t focusing on lenihan at the match so when I saw him receive the ball my initial reaction was offside. I also wouldn’t just accept he was onside because our manager said he was. How many times do you hear a manager say that on match of the day to be proven wrong. Not saying he is wrong just rather see it myself before blindly backing someone’s else

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

No I don’t think he’s lying. Just saying what I saw but the highlights don’t show lenihans starting point and I wasn’t focusing on lenihan at the match so when I saw him receive the ball my initial reaction was offside. I also wouldn’t just accept he was onside because our manager said he was. How many times do you hear a manager say that in match of the day to be proven wrong. Not saying he is wrong just rather see it myself before blindly backing someone’s else

Well we have the technology to check so Mowbray can make the comment he did. Just highlight why linesman and refs at this level are dogshit

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 2

Watching the Sky highlights to see the disallowed goal again, only to find it isn't included. Must mean it wasn't a highlight.

Bell has improved recently.

JRC was out of his depth yesterday. In hindsight (maybe) Bennett should have played there.

Was that Tosin who was flummoxed by Mitrovic for the goal ?

Why bring Ben on with 2 minutes left ?

Walton was MOM yesterday.

Travis didn't do anything of note apart from play them in for the goal. Walton basically stopped it finishing 3-0.

Graham still our best striker and only physical presence. Fantasic attitude as well.

Very poor overall. Attendance was also dire. Tuesday is likely to be the lowest actual attendance of the season. 

31 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Ah budget top trumps. 

I’d wager we’ve had a considerably bigger wage bill and transfer pot than Brentford and PNE this past couple of years, so I look forward to hurtling past both of them in the table by May...

Interesting that you mention those two. The only two in the top six who have a similar budget to us. I think we’re very similar in squad quality and depth to PNE. There’s not a lot of difference between us and my guess is we’d finish very close to them all things being equal. I still don’t think we’ll finish far from them this season.

The Brentford model is absolutely mustard. Fair play to them. They’re the exception to every rule and I’d imagine there’s clubs with far bigger budgets than us looking over admiringly at them.

But there’s no similarity in quality between us and Fulham. Whilst I too am aghast at the waste around SG and BB, unless we had Brentford’s model (which goes FAR beyond just transfers and has been being built for 5+ years), then £11m wouldn’t stand a chance of us standing toe to toe with Fulham. We would’ve had to try and out work them...which I think we could’ve done and maybe won with a bit more quality on the pitch.

• Like 1

Stoke have the biggest budget in the league and they are trying to stay out of the third division. It’s not as simple as you seem to make it, otherwise why bother competing? As you can see throughout this league with some of the clubs towards the top and bottom, and the one above with Sheff Utd riding high.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1