Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bigdoggsteel

Home V Fulham 08/02/2020

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I said at the time in the match that it was onside. Also post that after the match before any Quest highlights were seen. After reading Mowbray's post match comments back up my point..

Sky do show it on the highlights they show on their Sky football channel. Plus on their highlights on Rovers official site. Have you seen either? 

I can't see it on the rovers site. Is it subscription only ?

Don't have Sky sports. Can you video it with your phone and post ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Clearly on side from the footage I've seen. Another poor set of match officials at this level

 

10 hours ago, Tom said:

 Can you link that?
 

The footage I saw from sky didn’t show the incident, would be interested to see as I almost missed it as thought they were going to comfortably clear the ball 

 

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

On the EFL show on Quest

Even at the time he look onside

These were your original posts, forget what Mowbray says, you clearly say it was onside from the footage you had seen. When you were asked about it you said from the EFL show on Quest.

So I'm wondering, how could you tell from the one angle on quest that he was onside? It's inconclusive.

Also, I'm not saying it was definitely offside, I can't tell from the footage available, and I'm certainly not taking Mowbrays word for it.

Edited by MarkBRFC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mattyblue said:

I know they are too 6, as they should be all being equal. Budgets are important, but not everything, as the table proves.

Our budget is certainly competitive, £12 million on two players would come in handy for two thirds of the sides, you’d imagine....

I believe our budget is mid table last time I read. We have wage structure and policy off not over paying agents aswell. 

Budgets arent everything but Forest had over 40 players on the 1st team books. How much are Fulham paying their players? I would alot more than us. Yes clubs with smaller budgets can compete like Preston and Brentford. When Huddersfield was promoted they had 4th smallest budget in the league. Luton haven't over spend since coming it and keep to their budget in league 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I believe our budget is mid table last time I read. We have wage structure and policy off not over paying agents aswell. 

Budgets arent everything but Forest had over 40 players on the 1st team books. How much are Fulham paying their players? I would alot more than us. Yes clubs with smaller budgets can compete like Preston and Brentford. When Huddersfield was promoted they had 4th smallest budget in the league. Luton haven't over spend since coming it and keep to their budget in league 1

And the £12 million?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

I can't see it on the rovers site. Is it subscription only ?

Don't have Sky sports. Can you video it with your phone and post ?

Yes Subscription only. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mattyblue said:

And the £12 million?

And what? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The £12m on non players is conveniently forgotten about when we're talking budgets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

 

 

These were your original posts, forget what Mowbray says, you clearly say it was onside from the footage you had seen. When you were asked about it you said from the EFL show on Quest.

So I'm wondering, how could you tell from the one angle on quest that he was onside? It's inconclusive.

Also, I'm not saying it was definitely offside, I can't tell from the footage available, and I'm certainly not taking Mowbrays word for it.

My 1st post after the game last night

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

And what? 

That may just be something most clubs in this league haven’t had the luxury to spend on two players in 6 months?

So the ‘little old Rovers’ routine doesn’t wash.

Edited by Mattyblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need to make changes on Tuesday. I'd go 442 with Graham and Armstrong up front drop the ineffective Johnson and give Davenport a chance get JRC and Downing out wide with Gally on bench.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought this was a very passive performance up until the substitutions demonstrated by the total lack of any bookings for Rovers with the complete lack of getting in Fulham faces allowing them total freedom to play their passing game. Totally unacceptable for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

My 1st post after the game last night

 

Chaddy, this is becoming painful, yes I get that you said that in your first post after the game, that's fine, but YOU said in the above quoted post that it was onside from the footage YOU had seen.

When you were asked about this, YOU said it was from the EFL show on quest, as you can see from the quoted posts above.

So my question to you again is this, how from that footage on quest, when they didn't even analyse it after the game, could you tell it was definitely onside? You can't possibly say for certain on that one angle if it was or not.

Edited by MarkBRFC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brilliant, definitive proof that it was onside because our manager said so!

Whether it was or wasn’t that’s part and parcel of the game unless you advocate VAR which we know most people don’t.

When decisions go our way it’s ‘oh well we deserve some luck now and then’ when it’s perceived it’s gone against us ‘OUTRAGE WE WERE ROBBED AND CLEARLY DESERVED A POINT’

Fact is we were second best yesterday, there’s no real shame in that they are a good team and we were hampered playing with a striker our wide 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Worth bearing in mind that Brentford are in their sixth season since promotion to the Championship. How many people on here would be that patient so as to wait until 2024 ?

Fingers crossed for little old Blackburn Rovers then 🤞 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Brilliant, definitive proof that it was onside because our manager said so!

Whether it was or wasn’t that’s part and parcel of the game unless you advocate VAR which we know most people don’t.

When decisions go our way it’s ‘oh well we deserve some luck now and then’ when it’s perceived it’s gone against us ‘OUTRAGE WE WERE ROBBED AND CLEARLY DESERVED A POINT’

Fact is we were second best yesterday, there’s no real shame in that they are a good team and we were hampered playing with a striker our wide 

Exactly this . It’s ok to be critical 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sponsor

Overall I’m just glad it was yesterday and not today or I would have been kayaking down Livesey branch road

If this carries on there’s a real risk of Ewood flooding and Tuesday being off depending on the river overflow 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We do not have a god-given right to win every match and yesterday proved that. We were beaten by the better side and yet for vast periods of the match we contained them and competed with them. Given our injury crisis and the quality in the Fulham side I was expecting the kind of game we witnessed. Luck was against us in terms of the dubious offside decision and every loose ball seemed to drop to Fulham but on balance, they deserved to win. Frankly, given our current situation I am happy that we are competing in every fixture, the lads are giving everything for the cause and our relatively comfortable mid-table position is not a massive negative by any stretch of the imagination. We are seeing youngsters like Travis and Nyambe developing into real talents, we have found a relatively settled and competent back 4 and we have that mix of experience and youth that bodes well for the future. Four games ago we won 5-0 at Hillsborough...another side whose fans no doubt are saying that they should be doing better, likewise Stoke and many others. This is the nature of the division. We are an average sized fish in a moderately big pond. Beat Hull on Tuesday and it's butter side up again 

Edited by The Mighty Chaffinch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Gary C said:

We need to make changes on Tuesday. I'd go 442 with Graham and Armstrong up front drop the ineffective Johnson and give Davenport a chance get JRC and Downing out wide with Gally on bench.

Now is the time for Davenport. Johnson is useless, I'm so disappointed with how he's turned out. He clearly doesn't want to be here, unfit, disinterested and looking like a payday player.

 

I'd rather we miss out on the play offs persevering with young players in their proper positions, than miss out plundering on with dross or out of position players.  Either way, 100% no promotion this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MarkBRFC said:

This sort of nonsense drives me insane.

It makes it sound like we have been bouncing around the third and fourth division for the past five decades prior to 2018, and we should be damn grateful that we're punching above our weight in this league.

We're not Rochdale.

We’ve been in this league for 8 years apart from one (where we kept a Championship budget) and strolled to promotion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Worth bearing in mind that Brentford are in their sixth season since promotion to the Championship. How many people on here would be that patient so as to wait until 2024 ?

And how many different managers since that promotion 3, 4?

Perhaps we should try that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Mighty Chaffinch said:

We do not have a god-given right to win every match and yesterday proved that. We were beaten by the better side and yet for vast periods of the match we contained them and competed with them. Given our injury crisis and the quality in the Fulham side I was expecting the kind of game we witnessed. Luck was against us in terms of the dubious offside decision and every loose ball seemed to drop to Fulham but on balance, they deserved to win. Frankly, given our current situation I am happy that we are competing in every fixture, the lads are giving everything for the cause and our relatively comfortable mid-table position is not a massive negative by any stretch of the imagination. We are seeing youngsters like Travis and Nyambe developing into real talents, we have found a relatively settled and competent back 4 and we have that mix of experience and youth that bodes well for the future. Four games ago we won 5-0 at Hillsborough...another side whose fans no doubt are saying that they should be doing better, likewise Stoke and many others. This is the nature of the division. We are an average sized fish in a moderately big pond. Beat Hull on Tuesday and it's butter side up again 

Barely managed a shot at home yesterday 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the ones above us are only there because their budgets are bigger ( are their wage bills ? )  and the ones above us with smaller budgets are only their because they are unique in some way we can't be ?

Aye ok, draw the blinds we'll sit in the middle for the next five years 'waiting' for something to happen and celebrate it like we've regularly qualified for Europe or something !

If you want something to happen you have to try and make it happen, you have to drive it forwards and push the boundaries as far as you can without risking a quick boom and bust. Our model is plod safely shrug our shoulders and just hope something happens.

To fans it's called stability to those employed to run this low expectation model it's called job security or the comfort zone.

Summer needs a new approach but it all starts from the top.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Inglorious basturk said:

Barely managed a shot at home yesterday 

Agreed, but we were missing Dack, Holtby and Rothwell. JRC had two opportunities to shoot early on but chose the wrong option on both occasions. I thought Hector was outstanding for them at the back and was the best player on the pitch. We didn't get close to them because of the quality they had in key positions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mattyblue said:

We’ve been in this league for 8 years apart from one (where we kept a Championship budget) and strolled to promotion.

Yes, but if you ignore the fact that we pretty much spent 20 years in the top flight, and just one season in forty in League one...we are a just plucky lower league tinpot team and we should look up to the likes of Brentford and be grateful we have Mr Mowbray because only he can achieve what he has achieved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.