Sign in to follow this  
Bigdoggsteel

Home V Fulham 08/02/2020

1 minute ago, DE. said:

Pretty much. The reasons for keeping Mowbray are for the most part completely logical and understandable. We know what the owners are like and nobody could surely trust them to replace Mowbray competently. On the other hand it was these owners who hired TM in the first place, and if he is considered an improvement on those who came before him then there's an argument the owners have the aptitude or luck to once again hire somebody who improves on their predecessors. It's unlikely based on their track record but still possible. 

Fear of replacement is a very good point, one I totally excluded. That, a previous promotion and not doing disastrously is a powerful trio.

I dont think fear of replacement should be a particularly strong argument. If thats your main concern then you are just abandoning any ambition or hope going forward. If you are giving your opinion on what you would do, it shouldnt be dominated by that.

On 09/02/2020 at 04:36, Pedro said:

I was only joking. I know what you mean - I was taking the Micky out of those who like to pretend we are a League One club.

What would Mashed Taters say about Leicester? Wolves? Sheffield Utd? Southampton? Huddersfield? etc. Who were also down in League One but didn't hang about simply feeling grateful to be damp squibs or slow burners in the Championship.

Population and catchment areas of those little town clubs?

On 09/02/2020 at 15:29, frosty said:

How anyone is still talking about the playoffs is beyond me. The only time this season I've given it serious thought was after Bristol City away when I thought that maybe, just maybe, we'd turned some sort of corner as that wasn't the kind of victory that we usually got.

Then, when we had chance to actually enter the top 6, we of course stunk the place out in home games v Wigan and Birmingham and it became clear that we'd just end up plodding in mid-table.

Bit like last year when we beat Hull with a lovely performance.  I thought we had turned a corner too but it was to bottom dropped out street.

On 08/02/2020 at 17:30, Exiled_Rover said:

Anyone could be a football manager if all you had to do was pick the best players - and wait for those who weren't performing to tear up trees in the reserves.

You have to manage personalities - clearly Mowbray has done a bad job at that with Chapman (and Brereton). 

Or maybe the lads hold some personal responsibility, just a thought 

12 hours ago, USABlue said:

Population and catchment areas of those little town clubs?

What has that got to do with anything?