Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bigdoggsteel

Home V Fulham 08/02/2020

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You're on here enough yourself that you should see these things, if you wanted to that is!

Ya, I would be for giving Downing a go there. At least he has the technical ability and brain. 

I’m on here as much as I can be. 
(I mostly skim read during breaks at work and also in the evening, but, believe it or not, I have a life too!) 

As we always say, if there’s anything particularly offensive to you, or anyone (even if it’s a post about people being over the top in their criticism of a player!!)- hit the report button, all the mods then get an email notifying us of this.
 

Therefore, we can go right to the post in question, bar sifting through threads that get very busy at times!

Edited by K-Hod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's about putting the ball in the net not galloping up and down the wing.

Get a good 45 or 60 out of DG and hopefully a goal or 2. Then get your willing worker on or moved from the right to centre. Defending from the front.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I agree wholeheartedly with the first part of that. Fulham will have at least 60% of the ball whether we try to control the game or not. They're attack has a lot of threats let's not get too exposed.

Disagree on the formation though. We can be solid and play a tad deeper than usual in a 4-4-2, two banks of 4 playing close together helps. Gallagher and Armstrong uptop on the break would be a handful.

I just think playing 4-4-2 would leave us expose too much and allow Cairney far too space to Express his game on us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tomphil said:

It's about putting the ball in the net not galloping up and down the wing.

Get a good 45 or 60 out of DG and hopefully a goal or 2. Then get your willing worker on or moved from the right to centre. Defending from the front.

It's also about stopping them put the ball in our net. And Armstrong and Gallagher's pace putting pressure on their defenders helps keep the opposition on the back foot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Vilesinner said:

It's also about stopping them put the ball in our net. And Armstrong and Gallagher's pace putting pressure on their defenders helps keep the opposition on the back foot.

When....we play the pressing game.

Quite looking forward to this one it has the makings of a good lively championship game. Goals and a bit of drama so let's hope he has them up for it.

Edited by tomphil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Is Chapman even fit? Played no part in the under 23's game on Monday would suggest he isn't fit

He's fit & healthy, not got any injuries right now. I know a lot of people struggle to deal with it, but ALL the evidence from the last year points to him having a massive attitude problem/Mowbray not liking him as a person these days. He clearly is down the pecking order, got a few minutes just after Christmas and didn't set the world alight. JRC got 20 minutes at Sheffield Wednesday and was mightily impressive. Massive contrast for me with two players like that.

Rich Sharpe has said multiple times there's no injury/fitness issues for Chapman. The fact he isn't even getting game time in the 23's and TM is making comments in the LT about having private words with Harry Champan about his effort after training finishes when compared to Ryan Nyambe - all says to me that he's the issue...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JoeH said:

He's fit & healthy, not got any injuries right now. I know a lot of people struggle to deal with it, but ALL the evidence from the last year points to him having a massive attitude problem/Mowbray not liking him as a person these days. He clearly is down the pecking order, got a few minutes just after Christmas and didn't set the world alight. JRC got 20 minutes at Sheffield Wednesday and was mightily impressive. Massive contrast for me with two players like that.

Rich Sharpe has said multiple times there's no injury/fitness issues for Chapman. The fact he isn't even getting game time in the 23's and TM is making comments in the LT about having private words with Harry Champan about his effort after training finishes when compared to Ryan Nyambe - all says to me that he's the issue...

There's clearly something, but it might be as much his lack of defensive work/ability which is stopping him. Think how long it took for Rothwell to get in the side, could be a similar thing with Chapman. 

Hopefully, given our injury troubles, his not playing on Monday was because he'll be in the squad at the weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

There's clearly something, but it might be as much his lack of defensive work/ability which is stopping him. Think how long it took for Rothwell to get in the side, could be a similar thing with Chapman. 

Hopefully, given our injury troubles, his not playing on Monday was because he'll be in the squad at the weekend. 

Maybe. He'll probably get onto the bench. But so will Ben Brereton, Derrick Williams and Bradley Johnson and they all played in that game...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

This is when this message board gets tiresome. You've made the statement. You back it with evidence. K-Hod has clearly said he would comment if given the example to go on. Rather than tit for tat, nooooo you find it. 

He said nobody insulted Mowbray too. I tagged him in a post when someone did. No response. 

Now he is saying the same about Bennett. I really couldn't be bothered going back looking for the posts. I have better things to do. 

 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He said nobody insulted Mowbray too. I tagged him in a post when someone did. No response. 

Now he is saying the same about Bennett. I really couldn't be bothered going back looking for the posts. I have better things to do. 

 

I saw it and agreed but didn’t tell you until now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

A pic on Instagram from the official account and it looks like Chapman training in the background with the first team. 

Good. He was getting a sniff about a month ago, but not really enough to impress with. He might still be a flawed player, but with the injuries in his position this could be the making of him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Good. He was getting a sniff about a month ago, but not really enough to impress with. He might still be a flawed player, but with the injuries in his position this could be the making of him. 

It's a huge chance for him , Samuel and Davenport. Career defining even if they can stake a claim for a place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sponsor
52 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Any word on Holtby?

I am hoping no news is good news 

Mowbray pre match press conference is this afternoon 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray pre match press conference is this afternoon 

If it's bad,I would prefer if they announced it earlier. I don't see why they would need to wait til today if that's the case. Fingers crossed it's positive news. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If it's bad,I would prefer if they announced it earlier. I don't see why they would need to wait til today if that's the case. Fingers crossed it's positive news. 

Well the medical and sports science departments will know what they are doing than us. So leave them to it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Well the medical and sports science departments will know what they are doing than us. So leave them to it

It's not up to them to make any announcements. I am assuming there is a chance he will play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's not up to them to make any announcements. I am assuming there is a chance he will play

but yet again I never said it was down to them to make any announcements. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

but yet again I never said it was down to them to make any announcements. 

 

My post you originally responded to was about announcing it. You then brought the medical staff into it. I understand how all of that works. 

I do see the benefit of keeping our cards close to our chests, but I think it's all the one if Mowbray announces it today. Although maybe it did keep Fulham guessing during the week. 

It seems we usually announce when players are injured early in the week, hence why I am holding some hope now.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

My post you originally responded to was about announcing it. You then brought the medical staff into it. I understand how all of that works. 

I do see the benefit of keeping our cards close to our chests, but I think it's all the one if Mowbray announces it today. Although maybe it did keep Fulham guessing during the week. 

It seems we usually announce when players are injured early in the week, hence why I am holding some hope now.... 

My point was leave it to Medical staff to see when he been back. Sometimes can take 3 or 4 days before X ray is taking due to swelling, etc. The First X ray isn't always conclusive 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

My point was leave it to Medical staff to see when he been back. Sometimes can take 3 or 4 days before X ray is taking due to swelling, etc. The First X ray isn't always conclusive 

They would know if he could play at the weekend though. They would have known that almost immediately. Certainly by Monday or Tuesday. 

I am just holding hope that there may be a miracle and that's why it hasn't been announced. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Vilesinner said:

Bell has great pace, good technically, and has undoubtedly played well recently; we have 2 wins and a draw in our last 3 games; 2 away, including an incredible 5-0 win at Wednesday. 

Gallagher is excellent defensively and helps out the team, as frustrating as he is.

Hopefully Davenport and Buckley can get some game time too soon.

Bell may have great pace and be good technically although would debate the latter but it doesn't change the fact that he has none of the attributes of a good defender.

Gallagher is not in the team to defend he is an attacker and his main job is to score/create goals which he doesn't do enough.

Buckley is not ready for Championship football, a spell out on loan would help him a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

 

It seems we usually announce when players are injured early in the week, hence why I am holding some hope now.... 

I don’t know, between sips of his brew TM often just drops bombshells in pressers like ‘it’ll be a month or two before he’s back on the grass’.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.