BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rename The Riverside in honour of Tony Parkes

8 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Signed

good on ya for doing this. 

Tony Parkes blue and white army

Thanks for the sentiment but I cant take the credit for it; I merely shared this from a Facebook post I saw.

I really it hope it happens. This guy really is Mr. Blackburn and its heartbreaking to see what this awful disease is doing to him

• DE. pinned this topic

There's no reason why this can't be done or alternatively a statue or bust putting somewhere to commemorate Parkes' contribution to the club.

The Riverside isn't sponsored by anyone although they did do that odd thing and remove the RFS signs and replace them with Venkys earlier this season.

Remember the spell when someone upstairs decided to rename the Blackburn and Darwen Ends after Clayton and Douglas. Fitting tributes which were done well with big signs and murals of them up.

Be nice if similar could be done across the front of the Riverside.

I always wanted us to use the top of the Riverside to mark each of our trophies but this is probably more appropriate.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Tugay's Right Foot said:

Thanks for putting this up.

Hope someone at the club lets Venkys know and they do it sharpish

Or maybe some anonymous person from the Asian continent could make a very large donation to the club  to change the name of the riverside in Tony Parkes honour . Two birds with one stone etc :)

• Like 3

sorry if this has been covered already! But ffs!! ok weigh up other options Waggot, BUT naming a training pitch after Tony Parkes, get stuffed! how minial of a compliment is that for such a great Ambassador, player, coach, manager and Icon of the club & town of Blackburn is that.  https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/steve-waggott-tony-parkes-blackburn-17706368

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

sorry if this has been covered already! But ffs!! ok weigh up other options Waggot, BUT naming a training pitch after Tony Parkes, get stuffed! how minial of a compliment is that for such a great Ambassador, player, coach, manager and Icon of the club & town of Blackburn is that.  https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/steve-waggott-tony-parkes-blackburn-17706368

Waste of time doing that. 99% of fans won't see it and nobody names pitches after players.

If he doesn't want to rename the Riverside then commission a statue or gateway outside the ground. That requires effort/money so I won't expect that to happen.

2 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Some fans have suggested to Waggott. That's all. Club..

I have suggested a match in Tony Parkes between us and Blackpool plus I signed the petition to rename the Riverside stand to Tony Parkes stand

• Like 1

• Herbie6590 unpinned this topic
  • 2 years later...
  • Backroom

Over 2 years since Steve’s promise of something, his own daughter has said he’d love it but do it whilst he’s still with us and before he sadly declines further

Feel we missed a huge opportunity not announcing it yesterday

Come on Swag do something 

• Like 1

They've sold sponsorship of that stand in the past so maybe that's the problem or of course the chances of them shutting it first chance they get and letting it rust away.

They really should be doing something though whilst he might still be able to acknowledge it in his own way.