BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Lewis Holtby

5 minutes ago, DE. said:

Really shit news. The two best pure footballers at the club out injured for the season within practically a month of each other. Add Rothwell and Evans to the long(ish) injury list and it's already looking bleak for the rest of the season. Going to need some low-key performers to start stepping up quickly. 

In the words of Barack Obama "Every crisis is an opportunity".

• Backroom
Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

In the words of Barack Obama "Every crisis is an opportunity".

There are definitely opportunities there for fringe players to step up and make themselves known. Maybe for youngsters like Buckley and JRC too. Very rare for so many first teamers to be out long-term like this, so somebody needs to step up and take their chance.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 47er said:

Ready-made alibi for the manager though when we finish halfway. Point is, as everybody knows, we didn't strengthen when we had the chance.

I think the number of season-ending injuries for first-teamers has been exceptional, I certainly can’t remember anything similar. 

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I think the number of season-ending injuries for first-teamers has been exceptional, I certainly can’t remember anything similar. 

Injuries are to be expected as we have a number of injury prone players (Nyambe, Lenihan, Evans, Holtby off the top of my head) but season-ending injuries are rare and we've definitely been unlucky losing Dack, Holtby and Evans in the way we have. Hard to legislate for that irrespective of how the January window is viewed. 

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

I think the transfer window was exceptional. I can't remember the last time we failed to land anyone. We knew that Dack and Holtby and Rothwell were out injured before the window closed.

So, yes, bad luck, but we have decided for financial reasons to wee with the willie we've got. It won't be big enough! :unsure:

37 minutes ago, 47er said:

I think the transfer window was exceptional. I can't remember the last time we failed to land anyone. We knew that Dack and Holtby and Rothwell were out injured before the window closed.

So, yes, bad luck, but we have decided for financial reasons to wee with the willie we've got. It won't be big enough! :unsure:

Big enough for what? I never thought we’d go up and we are safe enough to not go down.

i can remember quite a few windows where we didn’t sign anyone who was any good.

1 minute ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Big enough for what? I never thought we’d go up and we are safe enough to not go down.

i can remember quite a few windows where we didn’t sign anyone who was any good.

The context was pushing to get into the top 6 which TM has alluded to.

We are certainly not good enough to go up I agree.

Time for JRC, Chapman, Davenport and a few more from the youngsters to step up and stake a claim for themselves. Could be a blessing in disguise but you would have to say that playoffs are now definitely out of the window - if they were not already. 

• Like 1

Says something our two best efforts to force the keeper into saves were on our own goal and our own keeper making the saves.  Hope we can threaten the same end in the second half.  Walton very very clever there dallying on the ball to force Mitrovic into hurting himself.  Sly beyond belief our Christian.

Fulham pretty much on a piss take here.  Are we going to threaten their goal at all, will we be adventurous enough to even win a corner.

I wonder if it is hard as a player to motivate yourself when your manager has made it clear all he wants is a point.

• Like 1

On 05/02/2020 at 18:00, Beanie01289 said:

How much do you think we would get for Travis lenihan and nyambe now I'd suggest enough to fund the academy for a fair few years. Rayas sale was around enough to fund it for two years. And despite your negativity where would our current squad be without the guys who have come through the academy over the past few years.

I was going to say - I hate the situation Rovers have found themselves in over the last decade, but the last thing I'd do is bag the Academy. Arguably our three best players are Academy graduates - Travis, Lenihan and Nyambe.

The argument about players coming through at 20, proving they're not world beaters, doesn't wash with me because Mowbray is clearly reluctant to play young players. In our current situation, if I was the manager, I'd be playing a hell of a lot of Academy players in the first team. They've not looked much worse than the established starters.