BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Lewis Holtby

14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Did I ever say he wasn't Rovers fan. Of course I didn't but you have chosen to misinterpret my post.

Usual merry-go round with you. If he's "very happy to knock everything Rovers do" and you "won't as a fan" then, by strong implication, you are saying Mercer isn't a fan.

Its that simple but you'll wriggle out of it as you always do.

"We respect each other"!!! Yeah right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Usual merry-go round with you. If he's "very happy to knock everything Rovers do" and you "won't as a fan" then, by strong implication, you are saying Mercer isn't a fan.

usual people point scoring from yourself. sure your fan club will be happy with you ;)

You have simple misinterpreting my point. 

Mercer didn't have a problem but as per usual you have made a big issue out of nothing!

Me and Mercer share similar views on non football related issues

Gutted for Holtby.

As predicted after that pathetic transfer window, we are in the shit with low quality in key areas.

Time for shit or bust and go two up top and play with proper widemen...no doubt that Muppet manager we have will persevere with Bennett as a number 10 though.

Fortune often favours the brave but cagey, safe football reigns supreme for Big T.

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Holtby was just playing himself into being indispensable.

Wishing Lewis a complete and quick recovery.

Get outta here!

That was what we were hoping would happen. He had a long way to go to be indispensable.

6 hours ago, 47er said:

Yeah not sure how it can be read any other way. Whether that was intended is another question but: 

"I won't as (because) a fan" the as implies a causal link between being a fan and their actions/response. Cause and effect - I won't slate because I am a fan - the two are connected. 

Therefore if you do an opposite action if the response is linked to being a fan or not, the huge inference is an opposite action must have an opposite cause (as in not being a fan.) 

I'm basically agreeing and saying it is a poor do to infer superior fan status. It's not that ambiguous at all. 

Put it this way if I posted in response I wouldn't say what X did because I'm not a dick, I'm fairly confident X would pick up the inference straight away. Not saying anyone is and it's just an illustration but shows how strong the inference is. 

Anyway back to Holtby. Bummer. Huge loss on top of Dack. Changes the way we play in all likelihood - more likely to be trying to grind results out from now on imo. Only saving grace is we won't get relegated even with a huge and damaging injury list as we're too far gone for that. 

• Like 1

Good luck to Holtby.  It's a huge blow for him and Rovers.

This is a nasty injury and when its torn from the bone (either thigh or shin) then there's a likelihood of other knee damage.  I think Mowbray is wildly optimistic thinking the lad might be back for the play offs, if we get there, as I understand recovery for a sports person is generally a minimum of three months and in some instances up to seven to nine months.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Good luck to Holtby.  It's a huge blow for him and Rovers.

This is a nasty injury and when its torn from the bone (either thigh or shin) then there's a likelihood of other knee damage.  I think Mowbray is wildly optimistic thinking the lad might be back for the play offs, if we get there, as recovery for a sports person is generally a minimum of three months and in some instances up to seven to nine months.

Back for the play offs? What, back off his holiday in time to catch the final on TV? As someone else has said, with or without Holtby we weren’t making the playoffs, him being out for the season just means we are even more fooked for the remainder. Great.

• Backroom

Really shit news. The two best pure footballers at the club out injured for the season within practically a month of each other. Add Rothwell and Evans to the long(ish) injury list and it's already looking bleak for the rest of the season. Going to need some low-key performers to start stepping up quickly. 

Edited by DE.