BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FANZINE ISSUE 100 – ON SALE NOW!

ISSUE 100! It's only taken us 30 years to get there!

We've put together a memorable 48-page special edition which celebrates this significant milestone and it's still just £1.50. To order your copy please visit our ONLINE SHOP, or to purchase through eBay CLICK HERE. Season subscriptions are also STILL AVAILABLE HERE for just £9.00 (includes P&P) which gets you all five issues from 97 to 101. If you prefer grabbing a copy in person, the fanzine will be sold outside Ewood before the forthcoming home games from an hour before kick-off (at the bottom of Kidder Street).

Issue 100 includes: Interviews with the creators, All 100 front covers printed and catalogued, LOTS of memories (e.g. 'Flying Over You', 'The Thatchcard' & how we once duped Blackburn Council!), 'I'll Always Be A Rover' (an incredible take on a Billy Joel classic), Colin's Cheeky Bits!, Confessions of a Teenage Mascot, I Support Rovers Because..., From The Terraces, 'Who Were You?' #15 Richard Witschge, 101 Great Rovers Goals #7, Voice From The Valleys, Rovers' Own West Lothian Question, Fantastic Fergie, Just Look At Them Now!, Rovers-themed Crossword…. plus much much more!

Thank you and here's to the next 100... maybe!

Issue_100_-_Feb_2020.JPG

Edited by 4,000 Holes
  • Like 3

• 4,000 Holes changed the title to FANZINE ISSUE 100 – ON SALE NOW!

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18215285.rovers-fanzine-4-000-holes-celebrates-milestone-edition/

Piece in the LT on it, which is great publicity... yet they drop this clanger

The 1989 play off final second leg at Palace is probably one of most infamous ever games!

76D507FA-CE29-47D1-871C-146572ACEE08.png

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18215285.rovers-fanzine-4-000-holes-celebrates-milestone-edition/

Piece in the LT on it, which is great publicity... yet they drop this clanger

The 1989 play off final second leg at Palace is probably one of most infamous ever games!

76D507FA-CE29-47D1-871C-146572ACEE08.png

Oops! Glad to say the play-off final is correctly referenced in our issue...

Thank you to everyone who bought a copy of Issue 100 at the match yesterday. Including those posted out, 330 copies have been sold already which is absolutely superb for the first weekend. Feedback always welcomed!

More will be available to purchase on Kidder Street before the next couple of home games and they're still online here too

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 4,000 Holes said:

Thank you to everyone who bought a copy of Issue 100 at the match yesterday. Including those posted out, 330 copies have been sold already which is absolutely superb for the first weekend. Feedback always welcomed!

More will be available to purchase on Kidder Street before the next couple of home games and they're still online here too

And an enjoyable read it is too. I would recommend it to anybody who follows Rovers and only £1.50.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/03/2020 at 20:55, Exiled in Toronto said:

Excellent read that arrived in the frozen tundra in timely fashion. 

I was a bit piss poor at the Just Look at Them Now Quiz, getting just one of them! Although #2 is clearly a young Lionel Jeffreys, he of The Railway Children and Two-Way Stretch.

2177D175-7928-44E9-8B3B-5DB20AE38530.jpeg

Thanks for ordering from over there! And cheers for the feedback - never sure how easy or hard these quizzes have been - maybe it'll be SLIGHTLY easier next time. We'll see!

9 hours ago, 4,000 Holes said:

Answers on page 46!?

Genuinely bought a copy and read it before the game on Saturday and gave it to the bloke at side of me at half time . Never looked the answers up. Guna do my head In now. Anyone still got a thatcher card ?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Genuinely bought a copy and read it before the game on Saturday and gave it to the bloke at side of me at half time . Never looked the answers up. Guna do my head In now. Anyone still got a thatcher card ?

Haha, thanks very much for buying then! Initials are LB, ZK, JM and GF!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tonygreenbank said:

Never mind those pictures what about the Crossword! Some difficult questions there! 
Well done on this issue though; a fabulous read. Great addition to my collection of Rovers literature!

Thank you, it means a lot. Really proud of this issue. Crossword possibly trickier than normal too - got to give a challenge to those who have crazy encyclopedic knowledge of the most obscure Rovers players out there!?

• Like 2