BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Hull

What team would everyone play on Tuesday night?

Walton

Nyambe Lenihan Adarabioyo Bell

Chapman Travis Davenport Downing

Graham Armstrong

Not ideal having Downing wide but in the absence of any competent wingers at least one of him and Armstrong will have to play there. Very much a pragmatic 442, not Armstrong as a number 10.

Johnson and Rankin Costello should be taken out. No more strikers out wide bollocks. No Samuel near the 18.

• Like 3

• K-Hod pinned this topic
  • Moderation Lead

The team that should play and the team that will play are two different things.

For example, anyone with two working eyes knows that Sam Gallagher our wide is wrong, but it won’t stop him being selected there.

I think where that is concerned I’m at the ‘acceptance’ stage of grief.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Start copying Sheff Utds Wingback system.

——————Walton————-—

——-Nyambe Tosin Lenihan——

JRC———————————Bell

—Davenport-Travis-Downing—

——-Armstrong—Graham—-—

Could lose Nyambe runs down right though 

Walton

Nyambe         Lenihan       Tosin            Bell

Travis       Davenport      Downing

Armstrong            Graham                Rankin-Costello

Subs: Leutwiler, Williams, Bennett,  Johnson, Chapman, Brereton, Gallagher

I think we all know now, this match will be a bore as our esteemed manager will choose a team to negate Hull who are suddenly the best team in the UK with only Liverpool able to compete with them and only if they are lucky.

We therefore need to concentrate on defence leaving no one in midfield to create anything going forward.  Hull will score in the 70th or 75th minute.  Mowbray will panic and substitutes will come into play, leaving 4 out and out strikers in the mix but no one to create anything for them.

I am extremely fed up and don’t see a way out of it.

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, 4000Holes said:

I think we all know now, this match will be a bore as our esteemed manager will choose a team to negate Hull who are suddenly the best team in the UK with only Liverpool able to compete with them and only if they are lucky.

We therefore need to concentrate on defence leaving no one in midfield to create anything going forward.  Hull will score in the 70th or 75th minute.  Mowbray will panic and substitutes will come into play, leaving 4 out and out strikers in the mix but no one to create anything for them.

I am extremely fed up and don’t see a way out of it.

Very, very sadly, where I am too.

Rovers were competitive vs. Fulham... a strong side, with the best scorer in the Championship in Mitrovic. 

I expect the team to be the same vs. Hull. Defending wasn’t bad at all. Sans Dack, Holtby, & Rothwell, scoring will be difficult. I see no reason to play Gallagher. Give the other youth a try. 

I wouldn't have Bell anywhere near the side.

Walton

Nyambe                       Lenihan                     Tosin

JRC                                                                                                                                   Downing

Bennett                           Travis 

Chapman                                                    Graham             Armstrong                                 

3 hours ago, WacoRover said:

Rovers were competitive vs. Fulham... a strong side, with the best scorer in the Championship in Mitrovic. 

I expect the team to be the same vs. Hull. Defending wasn’t bad at all. Sans Dack, Holtby, & Rothwell, scoring will be difficult. I see no reason to play Gallagher. Give the other youth a try. 

One shot on target in about 75 mins at home is not competitive 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rigger said:

I wouldn't have Bell anywhere near the side.

Walton

Nyambe                       Lenihan                     Tosin

JRC                                                                                                                                   Downing

Bennett                           Travis 

Chapman                                                    Graham             Armstrong                                 

There was one point on Saturday when Bell picked up the ball on the left with loads of space and I thought to myself, he will check back any second and go back again like he always does. He didnt, he proved me wrong, instead he ran forward and just straight off the pitch.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, nathan_rovers1 said:

Whilst I am never usually in the mind for must win games, in my opinion we have to win this game if we want to be in the chasing pack for the play offs...

2-1 Rovers as Hull can't get a win from anywhere. 

'mon the blues! 

Face reality. We simply aren't good enough for the playoffs. Mid table side at best

• Like 2