BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Hull

19 hours ago, K-Hod said:

The team that should play and the team that will play are two different things.

For example, anyone with two working eyes knows that Sam Gallagher our wide is wrong, but it won’t stop him being selected there.

I think where that is concerned I’m at the ‘acceptance’ stage of grief.

Grief??

Tenth and up would represent fantastic progress this year, especially considering the circumstances of injuries.

This place man.

In other non-Dignitas sponsored views I’d like to think that any 11 we can cobble together will keep it pretty tight at the back (as we do these days), will win the battle in midfield (as we more than often do) and probably create very little due to everyone of quality up top being in traction.

0-0 

or

1-0 (Brereton, unsure which end)

Edited by S8 & Blue

• Backroom

I think Bell’s been good in this latest run in the team, certainly not standing out as poor in my opinion

I think he could be improved on but a handy option there 

• Like 5

Really starting to feel the lack of January signings now. Tombola team selection time.  

I'd like to see a 4-4-2 in the absence of a central play maker. Solid base, simple and hard-working in the middle, get the ball out wide and get it in to the box. Something like:

Walton

Nyambe Lenihan Tosin Bell

Armstrong Travis Davenport Downing

Graham Gallagher

Same back line. Shame to put Arma back out wide but needs be. Johnson was very poor last game, Davenport is next in line. Toss a coin on whether to play Brereton, Gallagher or Samuel next to DG.

• Like 1

We got anymore yoots? JRC getting injured is actually mind blowing. What is happening up top? Freakishly bad luck for the boy, he would have had a run if only out of necessity. Let's hope its a tweak and he's back the weekend.

What about the likes of Butterworth, Buckley, Mols, Vale? How many of them are ready for first team action because we are running on volunteers right now....

20 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

What team would everyone play on Tuesday night?

Walton

Nyambe Lenihan Adarabioyo Bell

Chapman Travis Davenport Downing

Graham Armstrong

Not ideal having Downing wide but in the absence of any competent wingers at least one of him and Armstrong will have to play there. Very much a pragmatic 442, not Armstrong as a number 10.

Johnson and Rankin Costello should be taken out. No more strikers out wide bollocks. No Samuel near the 18.

Exactly what I would do.

IMO, Gallagher MUST NOT start whether it be out wide or as a central striker.  I think Mowbray has dropped another huge expensive clanger with his signing.

I think Johnson is washed up and finished.  Thought he looked over weight on Saturday - unfit, slow and poor distribution.

44 minutes ago, Madon said:

With JRC now injured, if Chapman doesn't make the 18 again I think it's safe to say he's as good as gone in the summer. 

Give him a chance from the start!

Fully agree.

I'd like to see Chapman given a run of games.

To me, the lad's got good natural ability, can make things happen and is capable of getting you on the edge of your seat.

B0ll0cks to all this attitude business.  IMO, Mowbray has totally mismanaged the lad and I would be p1ssed off if I'd been treated the same way.  The lad needs an arm around the shoulder and to be told how good he is now and just how good he can be going forward - give him his wings and watch him fly.  IMO, the lad has more natural ability than Brereton, Gallagher and Rankin Costello put together.  As supporters, you want to be excited and sadly, IMO, under Mowbray we've seen too much turgid stuff and 'ale house' football - and some on here had the nerve to criticise Big Sam!

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

One less option but not sure how much of a loss it is considering how ineffective he was in his 2 starts. Chapman has to start.

Mind blowing your criticism and downbeat attitude of Rankin Costello but Chapman is being talk on here like the next Lionel Messi. Jeez. 

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Jeez, what is going on?! Bennett will be back in for sure.

He got injured during the game on Saturday but carried on. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mind blowing your criticism and downbeat attitude of Rankin Costello but Chapman is being talk on here like the next Lionel Messi. Jeez. 

He got injured during the game on Saturday but carried on. 

He didnt do anything. Theres no point pretending otherwise just because hes young, its not a downbeat attitude, its just saying it as it happened.

I dont think Chapman is the "next Lionel Messi" at all, but the alternatives out wide are so poor (Gallagher out wide, Bennett etc) that a natural winger with pace is surely worth a go over tried and repeatedly failed alternatives. We are only left scraping the barrel due to the repeated inadequacies of the manager to address the problematic position, desperate to shoehorn poor strikers into that position instead.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Exactly what I would do.

IMO, Gallagher MUST NOT start whether it be out wide or as a central striker.  I think Mowbray has dropped another huge expensive clanger with his signing.

I think Johnson is washed up and finished.  Thought he looked over weight on Saturday - unfit, slow and poor distribution.

Fully agree.

I'd like to see Chapman given a run of games.

To me, the lad's got good natural ability, can make things happen and is capable of getting you on the edge of your seat.

B0ll0cks to all this attitude business.  IMO, Mowbray has totally mismanaged the lad and I would be p1ssed off if I'd been treated the same way.  The lad needs an arm around the shoulder and to be told how good he is now and just how good he can be going forward - give him his wings and watch him fly.  IMO, the lad has more natural ability than Brereton, Gallagher and Rankin Costello put together.  As supporters, you want to be excited and sadly, IMO, under Mowbray we've seen too much turgid stuff and 'ale house' football - and some on here had the nerve to criticise Big Sam!

Cant argue at all with your analysis on Johnson and Gallagher. 

I suspect that Chapman wont be the answer and I wasnt overly excited by his return but hes a natural winger who takes on his full back and for him to not be given one chance from the start when some of our failed alternatives have had repeated chances to prove their worth or lack of beggars belief. 

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Grief??

Tenth and up would represent fantastic progress this year, especially considering the circumstances of injuries.

This place man.

In other non-Dignitas sponsored views I’d like to think that any 11 we can cobble together will keep it pretty tight at the back (as we do these days), will win the battle in midfield (as we more than often do) and probably create very little due to everyone of quality up top being in traction.

0-0 

or

1-0 (Brereton, unsure which end)

If you can’t handle different opinions, don’t log on then, lad? ?‍♂️ 

• Like 1

Reminds me of towards the end of Souey's reign. He would play people like Jon Douglas, Grabbi or Matteo on the left-wing. We had Alan Mahon in the reserves but for some reason Souness was loath to pick him. I remember it drove @rover6 barmy!! Not that Mahon was Premier League quality but at least he would've balanced the side and wouldn't be another square peg in a round hole.

Similar deal with Chapman. Is he going to set the Championship alight? Not necessarily but at least he's a proper right-winger.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He didnt do anything. Theres no point pretending otherwise just because hes young, its not a downbeat attitude, its just saying it as it happened.

I dont think Chapman is the "next Lionel Messi" at all, but the alternatives out wide are so poor (Gallagher out wide, Bennett etc) that a natural winger with pace is surely worth a go over tried and repeatedly failed alternatives. We are only left scraping the barrel due to the repeated inadequacies of the manager to address the problematic position, desperate to shoehorn poor strikers into that position instead.

No we are not.That's the narrative you are pushing.

By all accounts we went after two wingers in January but the finances on the deal weren't right. Gallagher isn't a poor player either and coupled with your "joke footballer" comment on another thread it'd be nice if you weren't so disrespectful to the lad. We can all have opinions but he tries his hardest every time he walks on the pitch for Rovers and that's more than can be said for Brereton and, indeed, Chapman. He's had several scaving reports during his time in the U23s and quite often whenever there's whispers of a bad attitude they aren't wrong. Never once heard a whisper about Gallagher's professionalism. 

We are desperately light on the wing because Downing has had to move centrally, Rothwell out now and Armstrong proving more effective up top. January showed that Mowbray is trying to address the problem so we can assume in the summer we can see some wide attackers brought in, providing the finances are right.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

A turgid 0-0 followed by Mowbray claiming that if we win two of the next six then everything will be rosy again. 

On a similar note, I’m looking forward to our late surge when we “just run out of games”.

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 1

In light of JRC injury, I'd again re-iterate the need for a change in formation. Whether that's something like Bristol City away with a 4-4-2 where Brereton started, or whether it's going for a 5/3 at the back to sure us up defensively. Or do you go 4-3-3 like this idea here:

Walton

Nyambe Lenihan Tosin Bell

Downing Travis Davenport

Armstrong Graham Chapman

Most people know I'm not Chapman's biggest fan, but he's twice (if not three) times better than Sam bloody Gallagher. Clear as day to me that Graham HAS to start up top, we looked so much better vs Fulham after he'd come onto the pitch - he's the only reliable performer left at the minute up the top end of the pitch.

Edited by JoeH

Bring Davenport and Chapman in.

Walton

Nyambe.  Lenihan.   Tosin.   Bell. 

Chapman.  Travis.  Davenport.  Downing

Gallagher.  Armstrong.

Subs : Leut, Williams, Johnson, Bennett, Graham, Buckley, Brereton.

Defence looking good but fragile, we are woeful going forward.

Gallagher deserves a chance up front in a two. Frankly we have little other choice now.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

No we are not.That's the narrative you are pushing.

By all accounts we went after two wingers in January but the finances on the deal weren't right. Gallagher isn't a poor player either and coupled with your "joke footballer" comment on another thread it'd be nice if you weren't so disrespectful to the lad. We can all have opinions but he tries his hardest every time he walks on the pitch for Rovers and that's more than can be said for Brereton and, indeed, Chapman. He's had several scaving reports during his time in the U23s and quite often whenever there's whispers of a bad attitude they aren't wrong. Never once heard a whisper about Gallagher's professionalism. 

We are desperately light on the wing because Downing has had to move centrally, Rothwell out now and Armstrong proving more effective up top. January showed that Mowbray is trying to address the problem so we can assume in the summer we can see some wide attackers brought in, providing the finances are right.

Downing was signed with the intention if playing in numerous positions, but with a lack of pace he has always looked most comfortable central. Armstrong was always seemingly being geared to be a striker.

Gallaghers ability in general we may disagree on but surely you agree that he should never be played wide. He has never once had a game that justifies it and to be fair I feel sorry for him being shunted there. But I am not just focusing on him. Brereton and Samuel are equally poor out wide if not even worse yet when they play it is often wide. Mowbray loves a wide forward but its never been an effective tactic and our goals have always mainly come from central areas. Why sign an actual winger and not even give him one start when we have no alternatives.

Im not interested in excuses from the previous window as its been an achilles heel through Mowbrays time.

10 hours ago, nathan_rovers1 said:

Whilst I am never usually in the mind for must win games, in my opinion we have to win this game if we want to be in the chasing pack for the play offs...

2-1 Rovers as Hull can't get a win from anywhere. 

'mon the blues! 

1. Playoffs ain't going to happen. Forget it

2. That's virtually assured a Hull 2-1 win