BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Hull

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Gallagher isn't a poor player either.

I'll be honest, I stopped reading here. His pass completion rate was 35% on Saturday.... THIRTY FIVE! He's not fit for League Two, a shocking footballer who doesn't have the work rate, the first touch, the agility nor the finishing ability to play for this football club. He's not scored a goal at home all season.... he's got the worst shots to goals ratio in the Championship and he's also got the most minutes per goal of ANY striker in the division....

Gallagher IS a poor player, a very poor one.

21 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Travis, Johnson, Davenport, Mols, Downing, Toisin, Walton, Mowbray, Me, My grandma, the dog, ........anyone with legs 

In the team I picked there are only Johnson, Davenport or Mols in your list, to compete with Bennett. Johnson was by far the worst player on Saturday the other two are untried. I would go with Bennett. 

Edited by rigger

8 minutes ago, rigger said:

In the team I picked there are only Johnson, Davenport or Mols in your list, to compete with Bennett. Johnson was by far the worst player on Saturday the other two are untried. I would go with Bennett. 

Typical mowbray, 1 shit game and your back on the bench so I can play me mate Benno

18 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I'll be honest, I stopped reading here. His pass completion rate was 35% on Saturday.... THIRTY FIVE! He's not fit for League Two, a shocking footballer who doesn't have the work rate, the first touch, the agility nor the finishing ability to play for this football club. He's not scored a goal at home all season.... he's got the worst shots to goals ratio in the Championship and he's also got the most minutes per goal of ANY striker in the division....

Agree with all (as a few may testify!) but he gives his all, dont think you can doubt his work rate.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Gallagher's work rate has never ever been in question, even by his staunchest critics. He works hard whenever he plays.

What are you even basing his agility from? ? You've literally thrown that in there to beef up the criticism. How are you even able to judge that? Gallagher is a good dribbler of the ball and his first touch is more often than not where it should be. He's had a tough season out wide but I tell you something I'd much rather a Gallagher than back to the days of Liam Feeney knocking about there. 

Gallagher showed during his first stint here he can score. That player is still there and like any striker we are hoping he can find the purple patch soon. When Armstrong first came here he had a great start followed by long spells without a goal- he's scoring free flowing now and looks every bit the striker we knew was there.

Gallagher has more about him than Brereton and will get us goals. I know you love your stats but the eye is better than Opta and your opinion on his work rate, first touch and agility is just weird - he certainly doesn't deserve criticism in those aspects. He's lacking goals and no doubt he knows it more than most. I hope we bring in a few wingers in the summer and he gets his chance up top where, as proven under Coyle, if you throw the ball in the box enough Gallagher will get goals.

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Gallagher's work rate has never ever been in question, even by his staunchest critics. He works hard whenever he plays.

Well it is from me. He was harangued by the crowd from all three home corners for his lack of effort to run onto three different balls on three different occasions on Saturday...

Edited by JoeH

15 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Gallagher is a good dribbler of the ball

I'm going to leave this here. No point in having a discussion when we're clearly so far apart in our opinions. He gives the ball away nearly EVERY time he dribbles with it. He's awful, I'm not going to change my view on that - so we'll have to leave it.

Just now, JoeH said:

I'm going to leave this here. No point in having a discussion when we're clearly so far apart in our opinions. He gives the ball away nearly EVERY time he dribbles with it. He's awful, I'm not going to change my view on that - so we'll have to leave it.

Scenes if he starts scoring and a few MOTM.

If you think he’s not good enough for League 2 then you really don’t watch enough football.

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Scenes if he starts scoring and a few MOTM.

If you think he’s not good enough for League 2 then you really don’t watch enough football.

I watch A LOT of football, and he's one of the worst "attackers" I've seen at Rovers for some time. I've never seen a player with such an inept ability to actually control and dribble a football. He's 6ft 4" and can't win the simplest of uncontested headers... it's scary. 

I'd be delighted if he did go on a scoring run, but he probably won't. My disliking of a player doesn't in ANY way make me want him to fail, or for the club to fail. As for how much football I watch, I don't see how my opinion on a player can infer anything about it.... Silly comment.

Just now, JoeH said:

I watch A LOT of football, and he's one of the worst "attackers" I've seen at Rovers for some time. I've never seen a player with such an inept ability to actually control and dribble a football. He's 6ft 4" and can't win the simplest of uncontested headers... it's scary. 

I'd be delighted if he did go on a scoring run, but he probably won't. My disliking of a player doesn't in ANY way make me want him to fail, or for the club to fail. As for how much football I watch, I don't see how my opinion on a player can infer anything about it.... Silly comment.

I just think it is useful to being open to changing your mind depending on the evidence.

I’ve not caught many games this season but I have thought he’s been pretty effective when I’ve had a view of the whole pitch.

Would be over the moon to have him in the squad if I was Morecambe’s manager.

25 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

What are you even basing his agility from? ? You've literally thrown that in there to beef up the criticism. How are you even able to judge that? Gallagher is a good dribbler of the ball and his first touch is more often than not where it should be. He's had a tough season out wide but I tell you something I'd much rather a Gallagher than back to the days of Liam Feeney knocking about there. 

Gallagher showed during his first stint here he can score. That player is still there and like any striker we are hoping he can find the purple patch soon. When Armstrong first came here he had a great start followed by long spells without a goal- he's scoring free flowing now and looks every bit the striker we knew was there.

Gallagher has more about him than Brereton and will get us goals. I know you love your stats but the eye is better than Opta and your opinion on his work rate, first touch and agility is just weird - he certainly doesn't deserve criticism in those aspects. He's lacking goals and no doubt he knows it more than most. I hope we bring in a few wingers in the summer and he gets his chance up top where, as proven under Coyle, if you throw the ball in the box enough Gallagher will get goals.

Id take Feeney over Gallagher on the wing any day and thats saying something. But its an unfair comparison because Gallagher is not a winger and has never had a good game there.

• Like 2

I just think it is useful to being open to changing your mind depending on the evidence.

There's loads of evidence, hence my opinion on the matter.

What I don't agree with is being told by two posters that I clearly "don't watch the games" BECAUSE of that opinion. It's nonsensical and childish.

My opinions on Sam Gallagher shouldn't become a personal thing about me as a person... and how many games I watch etc...

Just now, JoeH said:

There's loads of evidence, hence my opinion on the matter.

What I don't agree with is being told by two posters that I clearly "don't watch the games" BECAUSE of that opinion. It's nonsensical and childish.

My opinions on Sam Gallagher shouldn't become a personal thing about me as a person... and how many games I watch etc...

Sorry if it seems personal.

But saying Sam Gallagher is not good enough for League 2 is absolutely comical.

Saying you WILL NOT change your mind is pretty funny too.

If you can’t handle your opinions potentially being ridiculed then you probably shouldn’t be so hyperbolic in expressing them.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Gallagher has more about him than Brereton and will get us goals.

That's not exactly saying much, is it?

It doesn't matter if he scored goals under Coyle. Ashley Ward scored a bunch for Kiddo. Didn't stop him being an overpriced donkey.

Sorry if it seems personal.

But saying Sam Gallagher is not good enough for League 2 is absolutely comical.

Saying you WILL NOT change your mind is pretty funny too.

If you can’t handle your opinions potentially being ridiculed then you probably shouldn’t be so hyperbolic in expressing them.

I can handle my opinions being challenged no problem... But not people attacking my person. My opinions are out there to be picked at to a level anyone sees fit, it's a forum, but no opinion on here should lead to personal things. It's unnecessary.

I don't think I will change my mind about Sam Gallagher, there's enough evidence from my own eyes, let alone the statistical data. 

Just now, JoeH said:

I can handle my opinions being challenged no problem... But not people attacking my person. My opinions are out there to be picked at to a level anyone sees fit, it's a forum, but no opinion on here should lead to personal things. It's unnecessary.

I don't think I will change my mind about Sam Gallagher, there's enough evidence from my own eyes, let alone the statistical data. 

I didn’t realise it was upsetting you to suggest you might not watch enough League 2 if you don’t think SG would be the best player in that league by a mile.

I’ll say it gently -

“I disagree, I think you are massively wrong and spouting shite but I still respect you as a person.”

Anyway,

Gally hatrick

Rovers 3 Hull 0

Joe H to never change his mind

• Like 1

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

Climb off ya high horse pal. You are acting like a big girl.I tried to reason with the argument with roversfan99 but you jumped in citing all sorts of bullshit about his agility and then shut down the discussion by saying there's no point going further.

Which one is it? 

"All-sorts of Bullshit" was just simply my opinion... You keep making things personal not me, it's silly. Stop doing it.

Personally I couldn’t stand to watch Johnson repeat his abysmal performance, so I’d stick Benno in centre mid. I might even try Downing as number 10 as he has by far the best shot from distance. Danny Graham to head it down to him, with Armstrong on the right and Gallagher in the left.

Anyway,

Gally hatrick

Rovers 3 Hull 0

Joe H to never change his mind

I'll give you a tenner if it's 3-0 Gally Hat-trick, and I'll go one further and even change my mind ;) 

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

Personally I couldn’t stand to watch Johnson repeat his abysmal performance, so I’d stick Benno in centre mid. I might even try Downing as number 10 as he has by far the best shot from distance. Danny Graham to head it down to him, with Armstrong on the right and Gallagher in the left.

Agreed. Johnson was poor. What about Davenport?

• Moderation Lead
18 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

I’ve not caught many games this season but I have thought he’s been pretty effective when I’ve had a view of the whole pitch.

Would be over the moon to have him in the squad if I was Morecambe’s manager.

And it shows ?.

• Like 2

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Still taking up a good wage and a place in the squad .....oh I forgot about Mowbrays holiday park 

He isn't awful as a winger. Grabbed an assist against Stoke from there, and scored two goals last season in his limited apps in that position.

Sooner see Davenport ahead of him at CM though.