4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would go

Walton

Nyambe  Lenihan Tosin  Bell

Travis Downing

Bennett                        Armstrong

Brereton Gallagher

Not easy.....

Wow. And how are you justifying Brereton's selection? In terms of our chances of winning? 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

His performances for under 23's have been poor. Rankin Costello and Hilton impress me most from what I've seen

You must be watching different matches to me!

In the games I've seen, Chapman always looks like he can make something happen which is more than can be said for most of our other outfield players.

Don't think Rankin Costello will make it.  At 20, I'd expect him to have far more of an impact on a game, even at U23 level; IMO, a 'Joe Average' whose level is probably League 1 at best.

Hilton doesn't convince me.  Keepers mature with age and, IMO, he's a lot of maturing to do - would get eaten alive at 1st team level.  Think he needs loaning out to a League 2 club to see if he sinks or swims - I think he'll sink.   

Just now, Mercer said:

You must be watching different matches to me!

In the games I've seen, Chapman always looks like he can make something happen which is more than can be said for most of our other outfield players.

Don't think Rankin Costello will make it.  At 20, I'd expect him to have far more of an impact on a game, even at U23 level; IMO, a 'Joe Average' whose level is probably League 1 at best.

Hilton doesn't convince me.  Keepers mature with age and, IMO, he's a lot of maturing to do - would get eaten alive at 1st team level.  Think he needs loaning out to a League 2 club to see if he sinks or swims - I think he'll sink.   

Nowt like being positive  Mr Mercer, but your probably right

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well have I said he deserve his chance? 

This is where your argument against me falls down!

???

I never said I had an argument against you.

It's against Mowbray.

Edited by Hasta

I've not been as critical of TM's lineups lately. Given the circumstances I don't think they've been the worst of selections.

I'm not too pleased with this one though. Johnson was dogshit last game and looked lethargic. A few days later he is only going to be more so. Should have thrown Davenport in. I'd have had Chapman ahead of Bennett too. I'm expecting he wont even come on off the bench though, that honour will go to BB and Samuel, woefully out of position. Other than that I'm ok with it in the circumstances.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

bennett back and as captain,mowbray will be stroking his mane and whispering to him he`s the best player in the division,don`t know about lenihans character but i would be p****d off to lose the armband after putting it all on the line week after week,some reward and p**s poor man management imo

Rovers: Walton, Nyambe, Lenihan (c), Adarabioyo, Bell, Johnson, Travis, Bennett (c), Downing, Armstrong, Graham.

We are playing with TWO Captains.

I kid you not:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2020/february/team-news-hull-city-h/