BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Hull

First half report..

bloomin awful. Hull worst team ever seen at Ewood, rovers slow. Can’t imagine anyone scoring for rovers.

FT report..

easy throughout, patience the key, never looked like losing. Travis MOTM for me.

.....take your pick.

• Like 1

That second half could of carried on all night for me. Excellent performance throughout the team. Ben and Don were excellent when they came on, and dropping Arma into midfield was the right thing to do. 
Brilliant boys! Get in!!

What on earth was the formation though?

———--Lenihan- Tosin——

—Nyambe—Johnson—-Bell—-

———-Travis- Downing—-—

————-Armstrong————

———Samuel Brereton—-

• Like 3

• Backroom
1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

It's going to be a crying shame when Venkys flog Travis for something like £3m to a team like Brentford, only to watch him move on for good money.

If anyone gets flogged at this point you'd have to think it'll be Armstrong. Has had a cracking past couple of months, if he continues scoring until the end of the season (and we had better hope he does as I don't think many others will be) then you have to think he'll be a prime target to move on for decent money in the summer. 

Another win chalked up, another clean sheet. Not a great game, not a great performance until the last 20 but three points off the playoffs with most of the creative players on the treatment table.

Only Rovers could make a 3-0 win with 71% possession a tough watch. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, matt83 said:

Another win chalked up, another clean sheet. Not a great game, not a great performance until the last 20 but three points off the playoffs with most of the creative players on the treatment table.

Only Rovers could make a 3-0 win with 71% possession a tough watch. 

I think this is it for me ... what a way to drag out 12th place ishhh again 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tugayislegend said:

Agree Armstrong and nyambe are class. Strange how many fans still whine about Armstrong yet his stepped up with goals since dacks injury. That's 9 goals and 6 assists for Arma.

I think he was never a winger, he drifted in and out for much of the season. Come good now though!

2 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Anybody still wished we'd signed Maddison? ?

Surely we are not going to judge judge players on one game?

Hull were shocking. We’ve got it bad, but their fans must be depressed, flogging their best 2 players in January. Probably the worst team to come to Ewood this season. Replaced with Maddison who looked like he could barely move at the end. 

Would have liked to see Buckley earlier, and Davenport / Chapman at some point given what we were up against, they’d have a chance to get their foot on the ball a bit (how often do we have 70% possession?)

Bennett shouldn’t be starting, and Johnson didn’t look up to much. Would like to see a change here ahead of Charlton. 

Armstrong keeps scoring screamers!

We can be frustrating at times, but with our injury pile, a 3-0 win keeping us in touch is nice to see 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Inglorious basturk said:

Yes , he’s a talent , as I’ve said many times hull is the wrong team for him . A good manager would work wonders with his raw talent 

Why has nobody else bothered then? He's 26, hardly a kid.  Bowen leaving forced Hull into drafting someone in last minute or he would probably still be at Posh right now thinking he's better than he is. They don't appear to be missing him either.

20 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Because the performance gives me no hope for the future. Tell me who has played well tonight? It would take longer for me to tell you who didn’t perform

Lenihan, Armstrong and Travis all played well. Think Both Brereton and Samuel did well when came on! Last 20 mins Rovers had 90% of the ball.

• Like 6

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Russ said:

Saw enough from Breo give him a start next time out. Quick feet at times with players surrounding him, looked mobile and tried to get involved. Needs to learn to stay central instead of wandering about too much though!

Absolutely, he’s somewhat ungainly looking but was willing and had them concerned

Samuel deserves a go as well delighted for him bagging that goal 

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1