BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Hull

5 minutes ago, Russ said:

Saw enough from Breo give him a start next time out. Quick feet at times with players surrounding him, looked mobile and tried to get involved. Needs to learn to stay central instead of wandering about too much though!

He looked chomping at the bit and wanted to go and get the ball which is understandable with the lack of opportunities!

Was impressed by Samuel too

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Inglorious basturk said:

Breo? Why are you calling him that ??where were you sat anyway ?

Seems to be his nickname.

I was sat in the Isle of Man, it's a long swim and a walk on a Tuesday night.

Watched on sky.

It's that okay with you?

• Like 9

That has to be our easiest game of the season so far. Hull were absolutely dire, we didn’t get out of first gear and still won 3-0 and should have had more.

Armstrong is looking like some player. Pace, good on the ball, technical ability, goals, and assistants. Nyambe is up there with him as most improved in the past three months. 

Breo and Samuel looked good when they came on. Really pleased to see Samuel score. 

• Like 6

Looking at our numbers, sitting in 8th, 3 pts off playoff places, with Dacky, Holtby & Evans out, Cunningham gone, and getting 11 pts from the last 18 possible, I’m just enjoying this right now. Not worried about our next game, and certainly not thinking about the last one.

Tony had a good lineup today, as good as we could’ve hoped for. He has limitations, sure, but he’s shown he can manage the talent he has, and the players tonight came through for us.

• Like 6

Pass marks to travis and nyambe, tosin cruised it if looking a little casual at times. Lenihans ball distribution was terrible but dealt with anything defensively. Walton had nothing to do. Armstrong most threatening but should score in first minute and I really do wish he lifted his head when running, missed some good opportunities to play in others, looks like he is always trying to get a shot away when not always best option but goal was very good.

samuel looked half decent when he came on, willing to turn and run and well finished. Deserves a go up top. 

Now the poor

bell- awful, nothing right all game

johnson- overweight and ineffective, doesn’t get in many champ midfields these days. Shame as was a player in his day. 

downing- few good crosses but needs to do more 

bennett- terrible and stupid at times, diving in

graham- loved the guy but done. Move to USA or Australia 

brereton- legs can’t keep up with the ball when dribbling, constantly knocks it away from himself

overall- very poor , glossed over by an absolutely terrible hull team- currently relegation form and would go down had they not a cushion from first half of season. We weren’t fluid whatsoever, laboured and dull. I worry for remainder of season, we were lucky we didn’t concede. Whoever got first goal was winning this and luckily it was us which then opened up to a comfortable scoreline. Their keeper helped us out too, worst team Iv seen all season. 

know some of you are overjoyed but between Saturday and tonight I just see nothing to get overly excited about sadly 

10 hours ago, JoeH said:

HC could have developed these traits over time, young footballs change in terms of personality as well as ability. Could've developed the wrong attitude during his injury spell(s) or during his training and playing time with the Under 23's.

You defiantly have a vendetta against the young lad? Do you know him personally? How do you know he has a poor attitude? Every other post you are slating the kid.. ever thought lack of game time is a massive factor? He deserves his chance I think he has scored more goals and more assists than anyone whilst playing for 23s.. if I remember rightly your where slating Dack when he had a run of a few poor games now your right up his arse.. 

• Like 1

I don’t think we’ll get top 6 but what this season has shown is perhaps we have a better squad than we thought. The wheels haven’t come off despite long term injuries to key players. Dack  and Lenihan would have been my two who are irreplaceable in the team - we are coping ok without Dack so far though.

• Like 2

Armstrong challenging Downing for player of the season? Also doing it with relatively little attacking support which goes in his favour. 

Biggest thing that pleased me tonight was we won against much worse opposition - something we have struggled to do Vs weaker teams over the year. Thats twice including 10 man Wensday we have taken advantage of weaker opposition. Perhaps this Achilles heel of ours is slowly fading. Not out of the woods yet, Wigan home is still fresh, but a positive sign that maybe we're working on this weakness. 

Good to see our other strikers get some proper game time. Good to see we can score goals even with very limited resources available. No complaints and on to the next one. Well done Rovers. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Tugay-is-God said:

"if you weren't at the game, you can't have an opinion" ?

I’ve not suggested that sav , admittedly we haven’t chatted for some time and this is the first time I’ve ever used the forum I’m just saying it’s easier in the comfort of the telly seats from afar 

Edited by Inglorious basturk

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

we were lucky we didn’t concede.

They literally didn't have a shot on target so it would have been impossible for them to score - not luck at all, they are just a very poor team who likely wouldn't have scored if they played another 90 minutes. Our problem was breaking them down and once we managed that it was done.

• Like 8

• Backroom
1 minute ago, rock steady said:

Great corner from Downing for the first, perfect delivery into a dangerous area. Peach of a strike from Arma for the second, you won't see many better hit than that. Unlucky not to score with an earlier effort as well. Great composure by Dom for the third. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DE. said:

They literally didn't have a shot on target so it would have been impossible for them to score - not luck at all, they are just a very poor team who likely wouldn't have scored if they played another 90 minutes. Our problem was breaking them down and once we managed that it was done.

They literally smacked the bar with walton beat and there was a few last gasp clearances with the ball bouncing around our box. Very poor team yes but we were edgy until armstrong struck for 2-0

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

They literally smacked the bar with walton beat and there was a few last gasp clearances with the ball bouncing around our box. Very poor team yes but we were edgy until armstrong struck for 2-0

It was the top of the bar and still not on target as the woodwork doesn't count. Walton didn't have a save to make by the looks of it so I don't think you can reasonably say we were lucky not to concede. Walton could have sat in the stands for the entire match and we'd still have conceded none as they didn't have a shot at any point that was going in. Hull were lucky we didn't put 5 or 6 past them frankly as they were abysmal. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 1

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Lmao!

Hit the top of the bar and Walton saved their weak shot that looked as if it was going wide.

Our most dominant performance of the season imo.