BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Hull

1 minute ago, Inglorious basturk said:

Do you want a bit extra ( play off or not ?)

Ha ha! If we make the playoffs I would lay a little off to get £4,000 back. And get another £8,000 if we are promoted. That was always my plan.

I have already invested seriously heavily.  I pray for no defence injuries.

• Backroom
Just now, Stuart said:

Decent subs today - although Graham looked furious 

If the interest from Australia was serious in the summer Graham probably should have gone tbh. This season has largely been a waste for him and the lack of game time looks to have taken much of his ability away - which is wont to happen at his age. Would have been better off playing regular football elsewhere, even at a lower level. He's been a very good striker for us but this was a season too far with TM trying to phase him out in favour of Armstrong and SG. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Pass marks to travis and nyambe, tosin cruised it if looking a little casual at times. Lenihans ball distribution was terrible but dealt with anything defensively. Walton had nothing to do. Armstrong most threatening but should score in first minute and I really do wish he lifted his head when running, missed some good opportunities to play in others, looks like he is always trying to get a shot away when not always best option but goal was very good.

samuel looked half decent when he came on, willing to turn and run and well finished. Deserves a go up top. 

Now the poor

bell- awful, nothing right all game

johnson- overweight and ineffective, doesn’t get in many champ midfields these days. Shame as was a player in his day. 

downing- few good crosses but needs to do more 

bennett- terrible and stupid at times, diving in

graham- loved the guy but done. Move to USA or Australia 

brereton- legs can’t keep up with the ball when dribbling, constantly knocks it away from himself

overall- very poor , glossed over by an absolutely terrible hull team- currently relegation form and would go down had they not a cushion from first half of season. We weren’t fluid whatsoever, laboured and dull. I worry for remainder of season, we were lucky we didn’t concede. Whoever got first goal was winning this and luckily it was us which then opened up to a comfortable scoreline. Their keeper helped us out too, worst team Iv seen all season. 

know some of you are overjoyed but between Saturday and tonight I just see nothing to get overly excited about sadly 

Are you not excited that our Rovers won 3-0? You seem to be overworked in trying to prick our optimism! ? Blimey let’s us enjoy a win.

• Like 9

Just now, Inglorious basturk said:

I was talking 50 quid 

I put a grand on us getting promoted.

If we make the playoffs I only wished to cover my bet and make a little. ,£12,000 would still be a lot of money for me.

Been a fan of rovers from the days of Scott Sellars and Simon Garner.

A real fan wouldn't bet against their team, and I never have. ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I don’t think it was, keeper played the ball for me , thankfully didn’t need it. Thought brereton could’ve skinned the keeper had he more confidence 

If any player tackles from behind it is a freekick whether he gets the ball or not. in this case the keeper came right through Brereton. for me a definite penalty. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

Looked the clearest penalty I have seen in my life.

I could hardly believe it when the ref didn't point to the spot. And that's saying something as we kind of expect schoolboy officiating at this level.

I was waiting to see if they'd give the penalty to Ben considering the game was well won by then.

Edited by Husky
  • Like 1

Just now, Husky said:

I could hardly believe it when the ref didn't point to the spot. And that's saying something as we kind of expect schoolboy officiating at this level.

I was waiting to see if they've give the penalty to Ben considering the game was well won by then.

Yeah, me too!

Was really hoping Ben would've got his big chance. 

Comfortable performance against a decimated and absolutely dismal Hull side. Our side had far more balance to it with players in their actual positions although Downing and Bennett were on the wrong sides which was stupid.

Lenihan man of the match for me, colossal and deserved his goal. Adarabioyo very comfortable next to him against an impotent attack. Nyambe very impressive, couple of superb balls, Bell the weak link, so cautious and careless but fairly untested.

I thought Johnson was much improved, far more influential and less loose with his passing and Travis was his usual bundle of energy next to him. Downing was composed although handicapped on his wrong side, Bennett did very little bar a few needlessly rash fouls. Buckley is so lightweight, can barely get any power when he kicks the ball!

Graham was a little rusty, Armstrong as he has been was again our main outlet, absolutely superb goal, should have scored in the first minte, would love to see some scruffier goals too to get the numbers up but a threat throughout.

The myth can again be dispelled that people want anything but the best for Brereton. He certainly had an impact, full of energy and involvement, very ungainly, made the wrong choice going for the near post with a shot, potentially should have won a penalty but he took far too long to make his mind up. But far more influential than usual. I dont suddenly think Samuel is the answer but superbly taken goal from a laughable mistake and pleased for him. 

• Like 5