BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Hull

• Backroom

If Brereton shows genuine endeavour like he did tonight then that is at least a start, as in previous matches he looked like he had lost the will to even try. I still think he should have been loaned out somewhere for regular football, but if he's here then TM needs to keep him motivated and ready to make an impact when he comes on. Ideally for more than just 2 or 3 minutes at the end of a match. 

• Like 7

Chuffed as always to win a football match and the goal difference looks far better now. I just couldn't see any team scoring after seventy minutes so to get three was really good. In truth Hull were easily the worst team I have seen this season and a fifteen minute spell at the start of the second half apart never really threatened. But in fairness we stuck at it and got the points on the board with a clean sheet and no apparent injuries. However I couldn't understand playing Downing on the right and Bennett on the left for an hour or so. Downing was good but I just feel he would have been more effective on the left. 

Hopefully the players get a day or two off now to rest and recover for two tough away games.

Armstrong should have scored after 15 seconds. He was on form. I was right behind the goal so have great view of Armstrong's goal. He was good all night. 

Lenihan was quick to react for his goal. 

Samuel took his goal well..

Well Hull was awful. But until we score there is always a chance of them a goal and win. Maddison was shocking. Pleased we didn't sign him. Doesn't look interested there 

Thought we look better when Graham and Bennett went off and we went 4-3-3 with Samuel starting right, Brereton centre and Armstrong starting left. But their movement was good and not still in one position got the win. 

We should have had a pen after keeper challenge on Brereton. 

Only 3 points off top 6. 14 games to go. Depending how Preston and Bristol City do tomorrow

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

I put a grand on us getting promoted. £12,000 would still be a lot of money for me.

If you can afford a grand to bet on such a stupid bet, then 12 should be loose change.

In fact, I don't believe you, so to allay my scepticism,  can you post a photo of the slip/receipt?

4 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

He has pace, can tackle. And misplaced 2 or 3 passes. He's no Nyambe, but I thought he was okay. 

If he has pace he never uses it, He is never in the right position to make a tackle, the 2 or 3 misplaced passes where the only forward passes he made. If you think he was OK that is your opinion. But yours and my ideas of what is an OK performance are miles apart. 

• Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, neophox said:

Leeds have the worst form

this year and are still second... 

Not for long. At this point it's a matter of time before they fall out of the automatic spots. They seem to have mentally collapsed just like last season, and it'll be doubly psychologically damaging knowing it's happening for a second year in a row. At this rate they could genuinely fall out of the top six entirely, which would be hilarious. I imagine if they fail to go up again this season Bielsa will be gone as two implosions in consecutive seasons is surely unacceptable. 

What a great performance, the perfect antidote for Saturday's dire showing.

Well done to the players and Tony Mowbray but you wonder how many points we've tossed away this season by attempting to lump  balls out wide to Gallagher.

Thought Armstrong was sensational, his best performance in  a Rovers shirt. Good to see BB finally get some proper game time, thought he showed up well, if Bell had have picked him out with a cross at the end he'd have had a tap in after a surging run and I thought he should have had a stonewall penalty when brought down by the keeper. Samuel also looked ungainly but showed a lot more energy than he displayed on Saturday.

Negatives: Graham was poor and Bennett was dire but nothing we didn't know already and maybe the penny has even finally dropped with the manager as both were hooked.

One of the few home games I've enjoyed this season. Cracking stuff. ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DE. said:

If Brereton shows genuine endeavour like he did tonight then that is at least a start, as in previous matches he looked like he had lost the will to even try. I still think he should have been loaned out somewhere for regular football, but if he's here then TM needs to keep him motivated and ready to make an impact when he comes on. Ideally for more than just 2 or 3 minutes at the end of a match. 

Brereton does himself no favours with his first movement every time being out to the wing. If he wants to be a center forward he should always be in the box feeding on what arrives.

Decent win tonight but f**k me how poor are Hull? Selling Grosicki and Bowen was absolute madness, but at least they’ll have some cash to rebuild in the summer... Never been a fan of Samuel but after the injury troubles he’s had fair play to him for coming back and scoring tonight, delighted for him regardless of whether I think he’s good enough or not. Armstrong with another worldie, I think he’s gone up a level this season, last season I thought he was a liability on the left wing, never tracking back and only popping up with a goal every now and then, seems to have got better this season ?? I still think we will fall short of the playoffs, but with Dack Cunningham and Rothwell in the side, plus the option of Holtby to I think we could have been there or there abouts I really do, Amarii Bell is the worst left back I’ve ever seen at Ewood, whereas Cunningham is the best left back we’ve had since Olsson left... Ah well, can’t grumble with 3 points and 3 goals! 

• Like 1

Bell was fine tonight, not exactly Pirlo with the ball, but was good defensively which is what we need especially when Ryan is scorching the earth on the other side. The difference between Bell now and the start of the season is night and day. Don’t know what folk are looking for in him.

• Like 8

• Backroom
1 minute ago, rigger said:

Brereton does himself no favours with his first movement every time being out to the wing. If he wants to be a center forward he should always be in the box feeding on what arrives.

In fairness he's usually played on the wing so that might be Tony's influence.

2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I’m probably viewed as being on the negative side, but you’re wrong here. 
We are well worthy of a 3-0 win and as a Rovers fan, I’m loving us winning any match by such a score line. 
Crazy, I know!

I ask who for you played well? Iv seen far more convincing and fluent 3-0 wins in my day 

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

Bell was fine tonight, not exactly Pirlo with the ball, but was good defensively which is what we need especially when Ryan is scorching the earth on the other side. The difference between Bell now and the start of the season is night and day. Don’t know what folk are looking for in him.

Yeah, totally agree. Though would like Thompson in the squad.

3 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

A footballer would be a start? 

Just now, K-Hod said:

Just do the unthinkable, admit you were wrong, log off and go to bed mate. I’ve just come back in from the match, catching up and I feel bad for how much you’ve embarrassed yourself. 

Whilst it’s admirable that you want to dig in and defend your honour, we all make mistakes!

It wouldn’t hurt to admit yours....

Yea do one 

• Like 1

A good win in tough circumstances. The game looked to be heading for a 0-0 draw but then after we got ahead confidence flowed and Hull collapsed.

Felt we had the better of the first half without really creating any good opportunities. Second half they started brighter than us but again didn't really test Walton at any stage.

Happy with the win and our position. But as ever if we are serious about getting anywhere we are going to need 3-4 points from these away games.

I actually feel more confident now Charlton have surprisingly won at Forest but still think it will be a tough game.

Happy to get within reach of 50 points.