BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Hull

• Backroom
1 minute ago, SoldierMo said:

What did TM mean by this??

1E5369A0-2973-46BB-931F-F0DCFFBD0B38.png

Assume he means in the senior squad we have today’s match day squad plus 3 others potentially available and that’s it 

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think he meant that there only 21 fit players available. Can only think of Mulgrew and Smallwood outside of todays 18.

Magloire maybe the only one potentially fit who has played in the first team

• Like 1

Wow! What was that final 20 minutes? Chuffed to bits to see Big Dom back on the scoresheet again... long time coming.  Also, make sure we wrap Armstrong in cotton wool... he is a HUGE threat for any championship club, and we need him in red hot form if we want to stand any chance of squeaking into "THAT SHALL NOT BE NAMED".  Massive result, needed that on a cold and shitty night in Lancashire. LOVE IT! Match review and words from the gaffa.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, DaveyB said:

Feck me. I can’t believe I’ve just read that. 
70+% possession, 26 shots, 11 on target, 3 goals plus at least 3 other clear-cut chances and a potential penalty turned down, all whilst restricting the opposition to long range pot shots and zero shots on target - what a terrible performance, Tony and the lads should hang their heads in shame. 

I realise that, like a few others on here, your dislike of Mowbray prevents you from being objective and seeing anything positive about Rovers atm, but by god you’ve taken it to a whole other level tonight and, as someone else has pointed out already, you’re making yourself look silly. 

73 minutes of pure frustration, 73 minutes of being unable to breach Hull academy’s back line. We may have had a lot of the ball but it was all huff and puff with very little quality. The 12 minute flurry of goals was nice but I didn’t think the 90 minute performance was great and Hull did threaten on occasion. Hit the bar, few last gasp clearances and missed a free header, that look like we’re all forgotten by most fans.

i maybe a harsh critic but I always want more from rovers until we are performing like a top 6 side and will make no apology for that. If that makes me sound silly then I’m going to sound silly. I think fans deserve more than we are currently serving up. Any other champ team tonight and we don’t win that one on that performance. But let’s bag the 3 points and move on. If we have any aspirations we must beat Charlton and get some momentum / consistency 

8 hours ago, Vilesinner said:

I put a grand on us getting promoted.

If we make the playoffs I only wished to cover my bet and make a little. ,£12,000 would still be a lot of money for me.

Been a fan of rovers from the days of Scott Sellars and Simon Garner.

A real fan wouldn't bet against their team, and I never have. ?

Meh , you didn’t sit in the wind and rain . Have you ever ?

Still don't think we'll make the play offs but if you don't enjoy a 3-0 win with a goal of that quality then what's the point? 

Thought Tony made the right subs at the right time and fair play to Brereton & Samuel who I thought played well and yet must be struggling given their lack of game time/goals. 

Onwards and upwards to Charlton on Saturday, time for revenge for the opening day of the season. 

Charlton have a great record against the top 6, unbeaten against them I believe. They turn up to frustrate like they did with us at Ewood.

They'll no doubt have a go at us on Saturday though in front of a bumper crowd which will suit us more.

I wouldn't like to call it, a draw won't do though if we have serious playoff aspirations, this is the time now to put that fantastic run together. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Be interesting to see what team we go with on Saturday. I think a 442 is the way to go for the rest of the season, although I appreciate we changed more to a 433 towards the end. Shame Rothwell wont be back as he could have slotted in for Bennett but a blessing that Gallagher wont be as he would have been put back on the wing.

The dilemma would be whether to keep Graham in or put in either Samuel or Brereton with Armstrong.

Why not stick with 4-3-3 against Charlton? 

How did Maddison do? Would you sign him in the summer?

I didn't really enjoy the first half, sure we had a lot of possession and a few chances but I felt we were in for another of those nights.

Mowbray's subs are often bizarre, but I thought the two last night gave us a lot more energy for the final half hour and worked well, Brereton and Samuel looked hungry, but we have to take into account how poor  the opposition were.

Armstrong is on his way to getting my vote for player of the season, some fantastic goals this season and when he gets going he takes some stopping.

Funny league this, after writing the season off on Saturday, two big results for us tonight and all of a sudden it could be all to play for again.

Edited by MarkBRFC

2 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

73 minutes of pure frustration, 73 minutes of being unable to breach Hull academy’s back line. We may have had a lot of the ball but it was all huff and puff with very little quality. The 12 minute flurry of goals was nice but I didn’t think the 90 minute performance was great and Hull did threaten on occasion. Hit the bar, few last gasp clearances and missed a free header, that look like we’re all forgotten by most fans.

I would take last night’s performance every week. Promotions and titles are built on them.

10 hours ago, tonygreenbank said:

Pass marks to travis and nyambe, Tosin cruised it if looking a little casual at times. Lenihans ball distribution was terrible but dealt with anything defensively. Walton had nothing to do. Armstrong most threatening but should score in first minute and I really do wish he lifted his head when running, missed some good opportunities to play in others, looks like he is always trying to get a shot away when not always best option but goal was very good.

samuel looked half decent when he came on, willing to turn and run and well finished. Deserves a go up top. 

Now the poor...

Everything marked in bold is a comment which describes something poor... how can you say all this and then say "Now the poor".

This first paragraph was not positive at all! ???

2 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Think your reading too much into it and all fair comments 

He's entitled to those opinions, but to list off a bunch of negatives and then say, now the negatives, is baffling. Mind boggling!

When you support a team that is expected to, or at least is likely to, finish from 8th to 14th, you have to enjoy winning games by big scorelines. Between a 3-0 home win over Hull City and a 5-0 away win at Sheffield Wednesday recently, at least we've had a lot of goals to celebrate since Christmas.

When Dack got stretchered off vs Wigan if I'd have told you we'd score 17 goals in the next 10 games following, you'd have laughed me off the forum. Rothwell, Holtby, Dack all out injured, we've still managed to score a shed load of goals. 

When you support a mid table team (by most accounts) you HAVE to be able to take positives out of any win, let alone 3-0 wins. If you seek negatives after a 3-0 home win, supporting a team that's likely to not win 3-0 most weeks, then I think you've got a complex and sad problem.

To naturally seek negative thought following our biggest home win of the season is baffling to me. I can't pretend to understand it, you do you I guess.

Edited by JoeH

10 hours ago, DE. said:

Not for long. At this point it's a matter of time before they fall out of the automatic spots. They seem to have mentally collapsed just like last season, and it'll be doubly psychologically damaging knowing it's happening for a second year in a row. At this rate they could genuinely fall out of the top six entirely, which would be hilarious. I imagine if they fail to go up again this season Bielsa will be gone as two implosions in consecutive seasons is surely unacceptable. 

I watched them in the FA Cup against Arsenal. In the first half they over ran Arsenal and played really well. It's been downhill ever since then.

28 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Everything marked in bold is a comment which describes something poor... how can you say all this and then say "Now the poor".

This first paragraph was not positive at all! ???

I don’t understand how my name is on a post I didn’t make!? Can any site moderator please explain?