BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Hull

1 minute ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Totally don’t recall those as close or real chances.

9 seconds into the game AA went one on one with the goalkeeper, probably the most gilt-edged chances not taken this season for us...

Just now, JoeH said:

He was one of their better players. He got booed when he came over to take a couple of corners, which I just find fascinating. Booing a player because he didn't sign for your club and then heading to social media to say how crap he was baffles me.

Some Rovers fans, not unlike other supporter bases, are guilty of this. Same with Patrick Bauer, he's been great for Preston but you'll find quite a few who want to under egg how good he is for them, simply because he didn't sign for us.

Hull were poor, had no real outlet, but he was okay. Beat Bell repeatedly, but that's not a huge task. Shame he's signed for a side who've now sold all their decent players. 

Did he beat Bell repeatedly? Ya, I don't get people booing Maddison , because we were never really that interested. As for Bauer, well he straight up picked PNE so whilst I wouldn't do it myself, at least it makes a bit more sense. 

As for Maddison, did you not expect him to move to a better club? I recall you mentioning WBA. The way Hull look, he could be back in League 1 next season. 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why not stick with 4-3-3 against Charlton? 

How did Maddison do? Would you sign him in the summer?

Yes quite right, I'd base my assessment of Maddison on this one game and not sign him.

I'd prefer a video collage of his best moments. Then I'd offer £7M.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Totally don’t recall those as close or real chances. Armstrong off the line? 

‘Off the line’ may have been a slight exaggeration, but certainly blocked inside the 6-yard box with the keeper looking beat. 

Here’s how both teams reported it on Twitter (Hull seem to have got confused between Armstrong & Bennett)

50EF0C86-0FB9-48CB-AC4B-A637D03E2F77.png

9FB1A928-0688-4496-B5CB-32623DEC2597.png

22 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Nope it’s my opinion , Not asking folk to agree , happy to have a debate, the wee petty digs are uncalled for imo. 

did we deserve it - yes.

were hull playing reserves and new signings losing the last 5 and worst team in the league currently- yes. 
we were ok, certainly not as good as some are making out.

Think you’ll find they drew away last Sat, here’s another stat for you.

007E5E2A-EA52-4312-A269-17C1A12A1A0C.jpeg

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Maddison didnt really do much in a shocking Hull side but yeah I certainly would. He would have easily got into our side still looking at his track record, Bennett offered nothing from a natural wide role yesterday and really needs moving on. I am sure we will revert back to 4231 next season with Holtby and then Dack back, and he can easily slot into a wide role far more naturally than the usual suspects that play there, and also play as a 10.

Based on what for this potential signing? Doesn't look interested at Hull and if he after what wages wise he wont be here. 

I would be looking for right winger in the summer. Deffo not Maddison tho. 

50 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

think going forward for us 4-3-3 means that we have to play Armstrong wide because we only have him, Rothwell and maybe Chapman that can do that role. I don't want to see Gallagher shunted back there when he returns, which he will, nor Brereton and Samuel regularly in the wide positions. I thought that Brereton last night was more involved overall, but obviously Samuel got his goal but I dont think I would want him wide right from the start of a game.

Well Armstrong didn't stay wide yesterday when we went 4-3-3 last night. Let him move around the pitch. 

57 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Maddison didnt really do much in a shocking Hull side but yeah I certainly would. He would have easily got into our side still looking at his track record, Bennett offered nothing from a natural wide role yesterday and really needs moving on. I am sure we will revert back to 4231 next season with Holtby and then Dack back, and he can easily slot into a wide role far more naturally than the usual suspects that play there, and also play as a 10.

"Easily" get into our side due to his "track record" steady on man. We aren't talking about Messi here. A better than average 26 year old league 1 player who has ended up at a dreadful Hull side. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

"Easily" get into our side due to his "track record" steady on man. We aren't talking about Messi here. A better than average 26 year old league 1 player who has ended up at a dreadful Hull side. 

He would shine in a better side than hull , be that side us ? I’m not sure however if we signed him it would be delightful 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

So what did people make of Maddison? He was being built up as a must sign player by some for the last 2 years. 

On the Hull forums where it is pretty depressing as you might imagine, they are saying that he was their only shining light. Must have been difficult to come into a team that has just as many injuries as us but has also sold their two best players. Their back line was essentially academy players.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonygreenbank said:

I don’t understand how my name is on a post I didn’t make!? Can any site moderator please explain? *** Random text I have added on ***

Someone can quote you and then change the text within the quote. See the text added above.

Therefore someone could quote you, and then paste somebody else post into the quote box. Not sure why anyone would do that though.

Edited by Hasta

Just now, JacknOry said:

On the Hull forums where it is pretty depressing as you might imagine, they are saying that he was their only shining light. Must have been difficult to come into a team that has just as many injuries as us but has also sold their two best players. Their back line was essentially academy players.

And we think we had a bad window. It does put perspective on it. They have basically written their season off. Could get dragged into relegation very easily. I can see Stoke rising and Wigan showing some fight. 

I wonder what use MM would be in a relegation scrap. 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Based on what for this potential signing? Doesn't look interested at Hull and if he after what wages wise he wont be here. 

I would be looking for right winger in the summer. Deffo not Maddison tho. 

Well Armstrong didn't stay wide yesterday when we went 4-3-3 last night. Let him move around the pitch. 

He didnt do much but to say he didnt look interested is just going out of your way to try and justify the non signing. Lets not pretend that he wouldnt be an improvement on Bennett or a striker in a wide role. Not even necessarily saying that we should sign specifically him in the summer.

If we start playing 433 it opens up the possibility of strikers regularly shunted out wide. 442 (with Downing and Rothwell wide from next week) just gives us the rigidity of 2 banks of 4, and it gives us the chance to play a second central striker in the absence of our number 10s and give Armstrong a freer role.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

"Easily" get into our side due to his "track record" steady on man. We aren't talking about Messi here. A better than average league 1 player who has ended up at a dreadful Hull side. 

Last night we had Elliott Bennett on the left hand side, lets not pretend that a player with the statistical output of goals and assists that Maddison has consistently had wouldnt improve on him. It remains to be seen whether he will make the step up and I dont think hes going to tear up the League but youd rather see him wide than Bennett, than Samuel, than Brereton, than Gallagher.

There are a lot of assumptions about Maddisons personality which seem to have snowballed from very little. His former big mouthed chairman was very stubborn about his price for a while and 2.5m is quite a lot for a League 1 player, think thats the reason why he didnt move. Lots of wild speculation but aside from aforementioned attention seeking chairman suggesting that part of his move choice was financial (as if thats a unique and dreadful thing!) I have not seen anything else to suggest he has such a disruptive personality. All wild fabricated speculation unless i have missed something?

Im glad he didnt do anything yesterday and dont think hes going to be the second coming or replace a player like Bowen but he would have almost certainly improved us in a weak area. Theres no need to go out of your way to try and exaggerate and speculate to defend our lack of signings by making him into this lay about with a terrible character constantly causing disruption!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He didnt do much but to say he didnt look interested is just going out of your way to try and justify the non signing. Lets not pretend that he wouldnt be an improvement on Bennett or a striker in a wide role. Not even necessarily saying that we should sign specifically him in the summer.

If we start playing 433 it opens up the possibility of strikers regularly shunted out wide. 442 (with Downing and Rothwell wide from next week) just gives us the rigidity of 2 banks of 4, and it gives us the chance to play a second central striker in the absence of our number 10s and give Armstrong a freer role.

Last night we had Elliott Bennett on the left hand side, lets not pretend that a player with the statistical output of goals and assists that Maddison has consistently had wouldnt improve on him. It remains to be seen whether he will make the step up and I dont think hes going to tear up the League but youd rather see him wide than Bennett, than Samuel, than Brereton, than Gallagher.

If we turned down both Ronaldos due to their denim wear some would retrospectively say they were no good for us

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Debatable. Depends on his application. Bennett and Gallagher work very hard. If Maddison wouldn't match that output, plus the step up means he wouldn't have the goals or assists, then he wouldn't be much use. He is unproven at this level. 

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

There are a lot of assumptions about Maddisons personality which seem to have snowballed from very little. His former big mouthed chairman was very stubborn about his price for a while and 2.5m is quite a lot for a League 1 player, think thats the reason why he didnt move. Lots of wild speculation but aside from aforementioned attention seeking chairman suggesting that part of his move choice was financial (as if thats a unique and dreadful thing!) I have not seen anything else to suggest he has such a disruptive personality. All wild fabricated speculation unless i have missed something?

Im glad he didnt do anything yesterday and dont think hes going to be the second coming or replace a player like Bowen but he would have almost certainly improved us in a weak area. Theres no need to go out of your way to try and exaggerate and speculate to defend our lack of signings by making him into this lay about with a terrible character constantly causing disruption!

So the chairman's word isn't good enough for you? Mmm, ok then. I think you are the one refusing to acknowledge the issues. The fact he has ended up at Hull is telling. It was being made out he was a super player, I am sure if he sets the world alight at Hull, a few will be back on pointing out we should have signed him, Mowbray messed up etc etc. As things stand, he doesn't look anything .Unproven at this level and joining a club in free fall, not even a promotion chasing side. Very, very telling. 

Maddison might have had a poor game last night but that doesn't mean squat. He'd have been a handy player to have around our squad he's shown what he can do in the past.

Wouldn't have wanted to overpay for him though so it's not one to cry about either way now really. 

10 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Debatable. Depends on his application. Bennett and Gallagher work very hard. If Maddison wouldn't match that output, plus the step up means he wouldn't have the goals or assists, then he wouldn't be much use. He is unproven at this level. 

I wouldn't use Bennett as an example of anything, shit footballer, no physicality, no pace, but a mean fist pump eh? Working hard is a given