BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Hull

6 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Having a pop at fans when they are being positive, just to try to score points.

You started off quite a good poster at one point. Now you’ve become ‘that guy’.

Stuart, I can write an absolute guarantee now that I will never try and 'score points' at you being positive.

In fact, the day in which you do I will even give you a 'like'. ?

"Have some pride back" would assume one has no pride currently - losing 1 in 5, in my eyes, isn't lacking any pride. If anything yesterday made me more proud. Outstanding given our losses in midfield. Call me 'that guy' if you wish but I will always call people out for making out like we are anything but what we are. I haven't had a single moment this season where I've felt we had no pride.

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Like 1

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

Stuart, I can write an absolute guarantee now that I will never try and 'score points' at you being positive.

In fact, the day in which you do I will even give you a 'like'. ?

"Have some pride back" would assume one has no pride currently - losing 1 in 5, in my eyes, isn't lacking any pride. If anything yesterday gave me more pride. Outstanding given our losses in midfield. Call me 'that guy' if you wish but I will always call people out for making out like we are anything but what we are. I haven't had a single moment this season where I've felt we had no pride.

You’ve singled out one positive and genuine statement in an otherwise balanced post straight after the game just to be a dick about it. Please stop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

I really wouldn't pay to much attention to the Peterborough chairman he seems to love publicity and he is certainly fond of his own voice.

As for Maddison's attitude I will say to you what I said to someone on here earlier. To go from being released from Newcastle's academy to playing in the National League to 5 years down the line be playing in the Championship takes plenty of hard work. In the National League system or even lower down than that in the Northern Premier or Northwest Counties, there are plenty of talented players who have like Maddison have been released from good academies but very few make it back up the league. To do that takes commitment, hard work and a good attitude.

Dack had some of the best stats in League 1 for 3 years but he only got a move to a fellow League 1 side but he has done alright in the Championship. Jamie Vardy was 25 and a half before he played his first game in the football league. There are plenty of reasons for players not getting moves earlier. I know nothing about Maddison but you seem to have a real chip on your shoulder about him for no apparent reason. Why not just give the lad credit for taking a knock back when he was younger and getting himself back up to playing in the second tier.

Why be so dismissive of the Peterborough Chairman? A person who knows the player very well. You seem him as love the publicity person as I seen him a open, honest and transparent with his own fans

Yes Dack signed for us in league 1 but he has produced the goods so far

50 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You've just randomly said that he wasnt interested just because he had a quiet game as if it is an indisputable fact. Bennett did nothing either, was he not trying and displaying a bad attitude? No. He just had an anonymous game.

I don't dispute his wage demands but that doesnt mean that he has a terrible character, everyone is somewhat motivated by money and theres nothing wrong with trying to get a better contract for yourself.

I havent seen any specific comments about his work rate or attitude though, if you have them to hand then please show them, else I will continue to be of the opinion that everything regarding his attitude being the reason that we didnt want him has snowballed from a baseless  bassumption and is now being used to defend our lack of transfer activity.

I wouldnt want a chairman like that no, just desperate for attention. 

2.5m was more than we had.

If you dont have anything further to add of value that is constructive that you havent already then I shan't be continuing the discussion, its infuriating with you never directly addressing the points at hand and indeed it cant be pleasant for other users to read these debates between the 2 of us! 

I comment on it during the game and posted it on here. He is out of contract in the summer and he should be produce to get a contract someone. 

Maddison told the chairman he wanted a move to Birmingham so Peterborough DoF Barry Fry and Birmingham agree a deal only for Maddison to turn it down. Just like the Charlton and Hull permanent move. 

Well the Peterborough Chairman made the comment about it his attitude. I don't see Marcus Maddison taking any legal action about the Peterborough chairman or club over his comments. Wonder why? 

I haven't mention about in my posts on this about lack of transfer activity so why even mention that comment. 

why would Rovers play 2.5 mil for a player who is out of contract in the summer? crazy and stupid to pay this for us. Great stats for 3 years but no permanent move in those seasons, so yiu have to wonder why? alot more than transfer fee like Wages, player attitude or agent problems. 

21 hours ago, Stuart said:

Well well.

That was a much better experience!

In fairness, until that first goal it was pretty dull and looked like heading towards a similar end to Saturday (although Hull were poor) and then a bit of a scramble, a worldie and opportunist goal we are sitting pretty.

Decent subs today - although Graham looked furious - and after a slow start, Brereton showed that there is something in there that could be fashioned into a footballer. Made the third goal for Samuel out of nothing and looked so much more comfortable in the middle with a bit of freedom to drop in and wide. Small steps but finally steps in the right direction.

A great last 20 minutes on a bitterly cold night, with about 7,500 on (posted as 11,100-odd).

Just need the nobbers to slip up now.

A bit of pride back. COYB!

You are the first I seen to mention that.  I thought the same the BB deserved credit for closing the keeper down and forcing the mistake.  Bright performance from BB, maybe just maybe?.  What a goal by Arma, one I have openly criticized but he has come on leaps and bounds to prove me wrong.  Credit to Mowbary for the subs too.  Tonight's results and Charlton next oooh who'd a think.

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why be so dismissive of the Peterborough Chairman? A person who knows the player very well. You seem him as love the publicity person as I seen him a open, honest and transparent with his own fans

I don't like the Peterborough chairman, I think that he comes across as a narcissist and I would hate to see our Chairman all over twitter and in the media voicing his opinion.

I never said that Dack hasn't produced for us but I was just saying that like Maddison he had 3 seasons of very good stats but didn't get a Championship move. As I said Jamie Vardy was nearly 26 before he played a game in the football league. Going off your theory these players shouldn't be playing at higher levels now because they hadn't got big moves after playing well in previous years.

I'll say it again get that chip off your shoulder that you have about Maddison for no apparent reason and just give the lad credit for taking a knock back when he was younger and getting himself back up to playing in the second tier.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, JoeH said:

Feel bad for Walton, consistently a very decent goalkeeper, we've now rocked up 10 clean sheets for the season, and still he seems to get a load of stick. Sure, he's made *some* mistakes, but nowhere near the same amount of mistakes that David Raya used to make for us...

Walton is criminally underrated, and if we could manage it for under £2/3m, I'd be delighted if he came on board full time in the Summer. A good keeper who's only going to improve with age.

Whoa, I enjoyed last night but let's not get giddy.

Walton is absolutely dreadful by far the worst permanent keeper I've seen playing for us and if it's true we turned down the chance to send him back in January it's yet another  lamentable decision imo

Walton seems completely incapable of catching a shot coming towards him, he did my head in at weekend when he straight arm punched a weak shot at chest height out for a corner. That in itself is an art it's be easier to catch it than five away a needless corner.

Said it before, for me Raya has massive natural talent and whilst he makes mistakes more than makes up for it by making stupendous saves he's no right to make. Walton makes just as money mistakes if not more and for me is relatively talentless and rarely makes any saves you wouldn't expect him to make. He's ok on simple crosses and spreading himself on a one on one, but that's about it. His shot stopping ability is more or less non existent.

1 minute ago, Ewood Ace said:

I don't like the Peterborough chairman, I think that he comes across as a narcissist and I would hate to see our Chairman all over twitter and in the media voicing his opinion.

I never said that Dack hasn't produced for us but I was just saying that like Maddison he had 3 seasons of very good stats but didn't get a Championship move. As I said Jamie Vardy was nearly 26 before he played a game in the football league. Going off your theory these players shouldn't be playing at higher levels now because they hadn't got big moves after playing well in previous years.

I'll say it again get that chip off your shoulder that you have about Maddison for no apparent reason and just give the lad credit for taking a knock back when he was younger and getting himself back up to playing in the second tier.

Yet again no one has a chip on the shoulder so please don't mention it. pointless point. 

we will have to agree to disagree on the Peterborough chairman as I have the opposite opinion. 

They will be some players who will make later in their career but I have given my views on Maddison. 

52 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Walton is absolutely dreadful by far the worst permanent keeper I've seen playing for us and if it's true we turned down the chance to send him back in January it's yet another  lamentable decision imo

Walton seems completely incapable of catching a shot coming towards him, he did my head in at weekend when he straight arm punched a weak shot at chest height out for a corner. That in itself is an art it's be easier to catch it than five away a needless corner.

Said it before, for me Raya has massive natural talent and whilst he makes mistakes more than makes up for it by making stupendous saves he's no right to make. Walton makes just as money mistakes if not more and for me is relatively talentless and rarely makes any saves you wouldn't expect him to make. He's ok on simple crosses and spreading himself on a one on one, but that's about it. His shot stopping ability is more or less non existent.

Never heard so much tosh in all my life. If you think we can get hold of 2 new keepers in the summer that will be better than Walton you're in cloud cuckoo land. Every week there are goalkeepers making horrendous errors, including Pickford (supposedly the best keeper in England,) De Gea and Lloris to name a few. The Leeds keeper has supposedly been to blame for many of their recent goals and Raya has been badly at fault in the last 2 games. Cameron Dawson, a keeper we were interested in made a horrendous error at the weekend and then there was Hulls keeper for the 3rd goal last night. 

I would take Walton any day of the week if we could afford him

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JoeH said:

When you support a team that is expected to, or at least is likely to, finish from 8th to 14th, you have to enjoy winning games by big scorelines. Between a 3-0 home win over Hull City and a 5-0 away win at Sheffield Wednesday recently, at least we've had a lot of goals to celebrate since Christmas.

When Dack got stretchered off vs Wigan if I'd have told you we'd score 17 goals in the next 10 games following, you'd have laughed me off the forum. Rothwell, Holtby, Dack all out injured, we've still managed to score a shed load of goals. 

When you support a mid table team (by most accounts) you HAVE to be able to take positives out of any win, let alone 3-0 wins. If you seek negatives after a 3-0 home win, supporting a team that's likely to not win 3-0 most weeks, then I think you've got a complex and sad problem.

To naturally seek negative thought following our biggest home win of the season is baffling to me. I can't pretend to understand it, you do you I guess.

Why spend most of your time on here slagging  off other fans?

Another one in same thread:

Booing a player because he didn't sign for your club and then heading to social media to say how crap he was baffles me.

Some Rovers fans, not unlike other supporter bases, are guilty of this. Same with Patrick Bauer, he's been great for Preston but you'll find quite a few who want to under egg how good he is for them, simply because he didn't sign for us.

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dack was a great buy but , like Maddison, he had no Championship experience when we signed him. Just like Maddison! You have to make projections about how a player will go in a higher league. If you don't, you will never sign a player from the lower leagues like Vardy!

Waiting till he's free sounds OK but isn't it likely there will be intense competition for him in those circumstances.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

It was only 4 weeks ago Walton was a pariah on here....now he's an unrivalled success and living proof our recruitment department is terrible because they didn't spot him!

Nah I'm still not sold on him. Average at best.

2 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

It was only 4 weeks ago Walton was a pariah on here....now he's an unrivalled success and living proof our recruitment department is terrible because they didn't spot him!

Our recruitment department also spotted Tosin, Holtby, Dack, Rothwell, Reed. We've had just as many successes in recruiting as we have had failure but that's a discussion for another time I'm afraid. I don't have it in me to go over that topic again, sorry.

Don't mix loanees and permanent signings together though. They are not the same. The whole point of loanees is that, for a short period, you have players well above your usual options.

That's not skilled recruitment. In any case we have had loanees who didn't work out eg Palmer.

4 hours ago, Tom said:

Graham couldn’t have walked off slower if he tried last night; he took the shortest route but looked utterly fed up, not sure if he felt he wasted his chance or just felt time catching up with him 

Anyone notice in the first half someone shouted at Walton to get rid of it faster, he motioned to calm down and there was a shout back at him of ‘Dick’ from someone in the Blackburn end, find that sort of stuff unhelpful!

I thought Graham’s response to being subbed off last night was shocking. Absolutely unacceptable. He was atrocious second half, and I don’t recall him touching the ball, Tony was right to yank him. He is totally done physically, he should be used sparingly the rest of the season. 

He did look in better spirits at the end of match though.

59 minutes ago, 47er said:

Why spend most of your time on here slagging  off other fans?

I really, REALLY don't. Most of my posts on here are nothing to do with other fans. Just because I've happened to criticise one fan, or two, doesn't mean "all I do" is such. 

I'm sure if you look through my countless interactions on here, you'll find very little of me slagging off fans, let alone "most of my time on here"

Silly post.

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Walton is absolutely dreadful by far the worst permanent keeper I've seen playing for us.

Couldn't disagree more but each to their own. Much more reliable in terms of set-pieces than Raya, and makes far less mistakes than him. Just look at Raya last night vs Leeds, dreadful for their goal... 

Steele, Kean... better than Walton? Nah.

2 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

I would hate to see our Chairman all over twitter and in the media voicing his opinion.

I think the one think Rovers need in 2020 is some communication, we have done for a decade. I'd sooner have a chairman/key figure at my club Tweeting all day and keeping fans well informed down to little details, than the current forms of communication we have with Venkys & Co..

9 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Were you happy at 70 minutes? Added to that the performance against Fulham and it’s happening again. Happy we got the win but now need to back that up against Charlton 

I was frustrated but content with the performance at 70 mins. We have a lot of quality missing and that plus a bit of luck were the only reason we weren’t already winning comfortably. Had we finished the game at 0-0 with 70 odd % possession and 26 shots then sure I would’ve been frustrated but we didn’t and the pressure we applied for 70 minutes caused their collapse.

The neediness and entitlement of some football fans these days astounds me. I’m a winner too. I hate losing but I don’t feel entitled to anything. We won 3-0 because we were by far the better team! Don’t over think it lads!

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Were you happy at 70 minutes? Added to that the performance against Fulham and it’s happening again. Happy we got the win but now need to back that up against Charlton 

I think we're roughly similar in our views on the manager and the team but I enjoyed last night. I thought Saturday was a scandal. Theoretically meant to be chasing a play off place but setting up to try and scrape a point and mustering just one effort on target after going behind.

However I thought last night was much better. Armstrong should have scored from a glorious chance inside 10 seconds and we carved out numerous clear cut opportunities in the first half whereas normally you're scratching your head up to half time trying to remember if we've worked the opposition keeper or not.

Although we did our usual at the start of the second half, and dropped off the pace after a good 45 mins, the tempo picked up again after the introduction of the substitutes and 27 shots in total was evidence of a much better attitude than normal for me.

I completely agree we need to back the result up against Charlton. Whether we do so or not I think will depend primarily on the manager. Will he stay positive with his selections and let the players continue to go out and give it a go? If so it might be an interesting and entertaining end to season. If however he retreats into his more natural containment mode the season will probably fizzle out into a repeat of the last one.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I really, REALLY don't. Most of my posts on here are nothing to do with other fans. Just because I've happened to criticise one fan, or two, doesn't mean "all I do" is such. 

I'm sure if you look through my countless interactions on here, you'll find very little of me slagging off fans, let alone "most of my time on here"

Silly post.

Sorry, I should have written “much” of your time.

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I think we're roughly similar in our views on the manager and the team but I enjoyed last night. I thought Saturday was a scandal. Theoretically meant to be chasing a play off place but setting up to try and scrape a point and mustering just one effort on target after going behind.

However I thought last night was much better. Armstrong should have scored from a glorious chance inside 10 seconds and we carved out numerous clear cut opportunities in the first half whereas normally you're scratching your head up to half time trying to remember if we've worked the opposition keeper or not.

Although we did our usual at the start of the second half, and dropped off the pace after a good 45 mins, the tempo picked up again after the introduction of the substitutes and 27 shots in total was evidence of a much better attitude than normal for me.

I completely agree we need to back the result up against Charlton. Whether we do so or not I think will depend primarily on the manager. Will he stay positive with his selections and let the players continue to go out and give it a go? If so it might be an interesting and entertaining end to season. If however he retreats into his more natural containment mode the season will probably fizzle out into a repeat of the last one.

Yup fair enough, I was just frustrated after 90 mins on sat and 70 minutes last night, it’s a long time to be annoyed. When breakthrough finally came it was more relief than enjoyment for me. Would’ve liked to have seen a few more step up, but there was a few positives too. I would love to see us more fluid though. Still waiting on this mowbray brand I keep getting promised 

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Disagree totally. Firstly it must be say that no communication and tweeting every second are the 2 extremes and surely a happy medium is in the middle but his attention seeking comes across as unprofessionalism. The one thing weve needed is competence under Venkys, not communication.

How it unprofessionalism when you communicating with his club's fan base? 

Tweeting every second is utter nonsense comments. 

27 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I was frustrated but content with the performance at 70 mins. We have a lot of quality missing and that plus a bit of luck were the only reason we weren’t already winning comfortably. Had we finished the game at 0-0 with 70 odd % possession and 26 shots then sure I would’ve been frustrated but we didn’t and the pressure we applied for 70 minutes caused their collapse.

The neediness and entitlement of some football fans these days astounds me. I’m a winner too. I hate losing but I don’t feel entitled to anything. We won 3-0 because we were by far the better team! Don’t over think it lads!

Don’t think any Blackburn fan can be accused of neediness or entitlement because they certainly haven’t had much to feel entitled to the past 10 years

• Like 3