BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Hull

4 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Blimey, didn't realise you had those sort of connections.

if only. I jist posted the best way for us to play. I would have played differently if Rothwell and Holtby was available

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

Millwall had a different approach to playing Fulham than we did though. There was more intensity to their play and this, particularly in the first half didn't allow Fulham to get their passing game going. I think Mowbray set us up differently last Saturday and adopted different tactics which was done out of respect/fear of Fulham.

very true Millwall did play different but Fulham scored after 2 minute. plus don't forget the Millwall's goal was clearly offside. could have been very different game without that goal. I will Rowett alot of created for his team approach and the way he changed their style there

• K-Hod unpinned this topic
On 12/02/2020 at 13:56, RevidgeBlue said:

Whoa, I enjoyed last night but let's not get giddy.

Walton is absolutely dreadful by far the worst permanent keeper I've seen playing for us and if it's true we turned down the chance to send him back in January it's yet another  lamentable decision imo

Walton seems completely incapable of catching a shot coming towards him, he did my head in at weekend when he straight arm punched a weak shot at chest height out for a corner. That in itself is an art it's be easier to catch it than five away a needless corner.

Said it before, for me Raya has massive natural talent and whilst he makes mistakes more than makes up for it by making stupendous saves he's no right to make. Walton makes just as money mistakes if not more and for me is relatively talentless and rarely makes any saves you wouldn't expect him to make. He's ok on simple crosses and spreading himself on a one on one, but that's about it. His shot stopping ability is more or less non existent.

You were raised on Sir Roger and an era when keepers actually did hold on to shots.  I remember Sir Roger diving full length for a shot heading to the top corner did he push it wide, over or back into play? No he held the bloody shot. Was a thing of beauty from behind him in the Blackburn end.  

I maintain some of Walton's problem is his foot movement he seems to.like to take a few stutter steps before he moves or dives costs him precious fractions of a second.