BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Hull

5 minutes ago, Madon said:

It's absolutely freezing out there now, it's going to be even worse come 7.45. 

Mowbray better play at least a half exciting team otherwise I'm going to be as stiff as a board come 9.40pm. 

Image result for freezing

As opposed to bored as a stiff!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think we are just going to hit a wall because of injuries and the affect said injuries must be having on the squad moral. Obviously it's an opportunity for some, who incidentally I don't think will be up to it, but imagine you are Armstrong and you think about all the creative players missing, he must be thinking "who is going to help me here?" 

As others have pointed out - we could not have more perfect opposition as they arguably have more injuries than we do, have sold their best two players, and have not won in 5 matches. That surely has to give our morale a boost a little - if we were away at WBA or something, sure, I would be worried but this lot are there for the taking even accounting for our injuries.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

This is true, but big lumps are our kryptonite at times. It's good to hear they have so many injuries and without doubt the loss of Grosicki and Bowen is arguably worse than us being without any 2 from Dack, Holtby and Rothwell.  

They are indeed, and have been for ages, regardless of personnel. Very peculiar really.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We cant complain about injuries tonight too much considering that Hull are without a series of players through injury themselves. De Wijs, Burke, Pennington and Tafazoli are all out at CB. Lichaj is out at RB. Stewart and Kane are 2 important central midfielders that are out, their new signing Scott is out and a few other less influential players too. Throw in the loss of Bowen and Grosicki and they really are heavily depleted and nothing less than a win is acceptable. You do wonder if its a perfect night for Graham, horrible weather, go a bit more direct and take advantage of their heavily depleted defence.

Maddison is their stand out player now, they have a couple of big lumps in Eaves and Magennis and Wilks who scored at the weekend couldnt really get much game time at Barnsley earlier in the season.

Rich Sharpe has us playing 3-4-3 tonight in the LT. 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rich Sharpe has us playing 3-4-3 tonight in the LT. 

I think he usually get it wrong when he predicts his team, just a guess. Would be very surprised personally.  

To play devils advocate, if we did, neither Williams or Mulgrew are great but the latter would give us a goal threat and is better on the ball to play through the lines. He would also have the safety net of 2 other centre backs. Should he be preferred?

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

We cant complain about injuries tonight too much considering that Hull are without a series of players through injury themselves. De Wijs, Burke, Pennington and Tafazoli are all out at CB. Lichaj is out at RB. Stewart and Kane are 2 important central midfielders that are out, their new signing Scott is out and a few other less influential players too. Throw in the loss of Bowen and Grosicki and they really are heavily depleted and nothing less than a win is acceptable. You do wonder if its a perfect night for Graham, horrible weather, go a bit more direct and take advantage of their heavily depleted defence.

Maddison is their stand out player now, they have a couple of big lumps in Eaves and Magennis and Wilks who scored at the weekend couldnt really get much game time at Barnsley earlier in the season.

Totally agree.

Expect a win by at least two goals tonight.

Feckin sick of reading stuff suggesting we are playing Liverpool, PSG, Barca, Juve etc.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think he usually get it wrong when he predicts his team, just a guess. Would be very surprised personally.  

Usually gets 10 starters right. 

Team in paper and on line is 

Walton

Adarabioyo Lenihan Williams 

Nyambe  Travis  Downing  Bell

Brereton Armstrong Gallagher 

Edited by chaddyrovers

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Usually gets 10 starters right. 

Team in paper and on line is 

Walton

Adarabioyo Lenihan Williams 

Nyambe  Travis  Downing  Bell

Breton Armstrong Gallagher 

Well that'll set a Rovers record for fielding the two tallest wingers ever. Just thinking back to when we had Dougie at 5' 7" and Joe Haverty at 5' 3" on the wings.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Mercer said:

His ability to beat a man, create something out of nothing have impressed me.  Has more natural ability than virtually anyone in that U23 team.  I think there's a 'witch hunt' where Chapman's concerned - Mowbray doesn't seem to like the lad so neither do the 'happy clappers'!  The manager or his coaching staff haven't impressed me either - other than Johnson, I'd sack the feckin lot of 'em.

His performances for under 23's have been poor. Rankin Costello and Hilton impress me most from what I've seen

13 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Well that'll set a Rovers record for fielding the two tallest wingers ever. Just thinking back to when we had Dougie at 5' 7" and Joe Haverty at 5' 3" on the wings.

Johnny Price 5ft 1in ? 

Twice the player of Gallagher or Brereton. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

His performances for under 23's have been poor. Rankin Costello and Hilton impress me most from what I've seen

So what has Brereton done to warrant repeated chances? He hasn't impressed for either the first team OR the under 23's, which is where the Chapman argument falls down.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Also without being completely au fait with the regulations could leaving the EU mean we are too late in belatedly seeking to get  involved in the European transfer market? Will players have to meet the minimum requirements for international appearances etc that non EU players have previously had to?

That will be the next excuse. We were going to sign blah blah blah until Brexit came along and stopped us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hasta said:

So what has Brereton done to warrant repeated chances? He hasn't impressed for either the first team OR the under 23's, which is where the Chapman argument falls down.

Well have I said he deserve his chance? 

This is where your argument against me falls down!

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 hour ago, OnePhilT said:

It'll be streamed on iFollow for overseas subscribers, provided that none of the EFL's broadcast partners in the country that you're viewing it from are showing it on TV.

It will probably be on that Timbuktuan channel nobody has ever seen or even heard of.