Sign in to follow this  
roversfan99

Rovers v Hull

1 minute ago, rigger said:

Brereton does himself no favours with his first movement every time being out to the wing. If he wants to be a center forward he should always be in the box feeding on what arrives.

In fairness he's usually played on the wing so that might be Tony's influence.

2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I’m probably viewed as being on the negative side, but you’re wrong here. 
We are well worthy of a 3-0 win and as a Rovers fan, I’m loving us winning any match by such a score line. 
Crazy, I know!

I ask who for you played well? Iv seen far more convincing and fluent 3-0 wins in my day 

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

Bell was fine tonight, not exactly Pirlo with the ball, but was good defensively which is what we need especially when Ryan is scorching the earth on the other side. The difference between Bell now and the start of the season is night and day. Don’t know what folk are looking for in him.

Yeah, totally agree. Though would like Thompson in the squad.

3 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Bell was fine tonight, not exactly Pirlo with the ball, but was good defensively which is what we need especially when Ryan is scorching the earth on the other side. The difference between Bell now and the start of the season is night and day. Don’t know what folk are looking for in him.

A footballer would be a start? 

Just now, K-Hod said:

Just do the unthinkable, admit you were wrong, log off and go to bed mate. I’ve just come back in from the match, catching up and I feel bad for how much you’ve embarrassed yourself. 

Whilst it’s admirable that you want to dig in and defend your honour, we all make mistakes!

It wouldn’t hurt to admit yours....

Yea do one 

A good win in tough circumstances. The game looked to be heading for a 0-0 draw but then after we got ahead confidence flowed and Hull collapsed.

Felt we had the better of the first half without really creating any good opportunities. Second half they started brighter than us but again didn't really test Walton at any stage.

Happy with the win and our position. But as ever if we are serious about getting anywhere we are going to need 3-4 points from these away games.

I actually feel more confident now Charlton have surprisingly won at Forest but still think it will be a tough game.

Happy to get within reach of 50 points.

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Yea do one 

Take your own advice mate, you’ve had a shocker!

I must admit that I really enjoyed that game on a bitterly cold night.  I felt the game should have been won by half-time with the possession and chances we created - plus we should have had a penalty with the holding at corners.

Second half started slowly but Mowbray's subs made a difference with both Brereton and Samuel showing up well.  Armstrong's goal was outstanding and he looked very good playing in the Dack role just behind the striker.

Once again Downing looked a class above anything on the pitch and I thought Johnson improved as the second half went on.

Hull looked poor but at the end of the day you can only beat what's in front of you and we did that comfortably in the end.

I thought all the officials were poor tonight.  The fourth official seemed to give one decision rather than the ref.  Quite how he missed the penalty when Brereton was brought down I don't know. 

8 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

Rest of the money is on top 6

Screenshot_2020-02-11-22-46-47-527.jpeg

Good luck with that one, you deserve it to come in with optimism like that. I'd be laying it off for a no risk bet if we got within touching distance at any point.

6 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I ask who for you played well? Iv seen far more convincing and fluent 3-0 wins in my day 

Armstrong. Downing. Nyambe. Lenihan. Travis. Samuel and Brereton..

8 minutes ago, Butty said:

F**k me how poor are Hull? Selling Grosicki and Bowen was absolute madness, but at least they’ll have some cash to rebuild in the summer...   

Don't count on that. Hull look very short up front and wide areas. 

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Good luck with that one, you deserve it to come in with optimism like that. I'd be laying it off for a no risk bet if we got within touching distance at any point.

Cheers Amigo!

If we make the playoffs we would probably be around 3/1. 

But if the odds come down a good bit would be nice to get my stake back, and still have a decent possible prize. 

The main thing that pleased me from tonight's result is that we actually picked up a win after a couple of disappointing results. I have to admit after 70 minutes I was fearful we were about to enter another death spiral, as failing to beat this Hull team at home would have been a really bad psychological blow. Coming away with a win helps break this vicious cycle we've been in of going on losing/drawing runs after a good run of form, and hopefully it's a good omen for the future at least. 

Be interesting to see what team we go with on Saturday. I think a 442 is the way to go for the rest of the season, although I appreciate we changed more to a 433 towards the end. Shame Rothwell wont be back as he could have slotted in for Bennett but a blessing that Gallagher wont be as he would have been put back on the wing.

The dilemma would be whether to keep Graham in or put in either Samuel or Brereton with Armstrong.

29 minutes ago, DE. said:

Not for long. At this point it's a matter of time before they fall out of the automatic spots. They seem to have mentally collapsed just like last season, and it'll be doubly psychologically damaging knowing it's happening for a second year in a row. At this rate they could genuinely fall out of the top six entirely, which would be hilarious. I imagine if they fail to go up again this season Bielsa will be gone as two implosions in consecutive seasons is surely unacceptable. 

Fulham away to Millwall tomorrow. No easy game but a win puts them 2nd and Leeds drop out of the automatic places.

At the end of last season there was a lot of talk of Bielsa walking, if they fail to get promoted this time, he will be off this time.

1 hour ago, Russ said:

Saw enough from Breo give him a start next time out. Quick feet at times with players surrounding him, looked mobile and tried to get involved. Needs to learn to stay central instead of wandering about too much though!

His best game for us but he needs to focus on staying in and around the box if he's going to kick on. It's daft how deep and wide be drops.

Edited by joey_big_nose

3 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Fulham away to Millwall tomorrow. No easy game but a win puts them 2nd and Leeds drop out of the automatic places.

At the end of last season there was a lot of talk of Bielsa walking, if they fail to get promoted this time, he will be off this time.

Wouldn't surprise me if he walked before the season ends if this form continues tbh, especially if they're in danger of dropping out of the top six entirely. From the position they were in it's truly remarkable. 

2 hours ago, Husky said:

What's the difference between an attack and a dangerous attack?

One is when Bell is doing it, the other Armstrong.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18228187.it-wasnt-happening---mowbray-game-changing-double-switch/

For once comments from the manager I pretty much completely agree with (although I would have liked to know the logic behind starting Downing and Bennett on their opposite sides). Even praise for Rothwell in there!

Love reading the early part of the thread to the end and watching the swingometer of sentiment veer so wildly that even Peter Snow would struggle to keep up

1) We won 3-0

2) The forgotten men put in a good performance and one scored  

3) In spite of it ALL we are three points off the play off spots. 

Meanwhile my brother watched his team fumble their way to a 0-0 draw against AFC Wimbledon. The promotion certs led by the genius of a manager who thought he was too good for this place may not even get them in the play offs. Never mind, he has a five year contract. 😳

I am very happy where we are in the League and the spirit that the team young and old are showing in spite of our injuries. 

4 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Meanwhile my brother watched his team fumble their way to a 0-0 draw against AFC Wimbledon. The promotion certs led by the genius of a manager who thought he was too good for this place may not even get them in the play offs. Never mind, he has a five year contract. 😳

Wow, just looked, didn't realise they were even out the playoff places.

Good old Lambert sprinkling his magic pixie dust. 

4 wins in 20 games for Ipswich now I believe, so yeah, Lambo not exactly endearing himself to the Ipswich faithful. Say what you will about Mowbray but after a shaky start he had no problem getting us straight out of League 1, and I think it was tougher then than it is now.