Sign in to follow this  
roversfan99

Rovers v Hull

7 minutes ago, JoeH said:

"cautious". Come off it.

True to a point! Definitely threw caution to the wind when he spent £12 million on two strikers who can't strike and when he gambled on Adebayaro and Lenihan staying fit for the season.

So fair enough he can be reckless.

Tbf, the majority of those goals have come against a 10-man Wednesday and probably the worst team that has been seen at Ewood for years.

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

Millwall went after them last night and got a point and from what I saw could have nicked it. Mowbray signalled his intent in his Thursday press conference and his selection. 

I watched the game. Millwall got a lucky goal but played well 1st. Fulham second half better team. But even game. Millwall didn't create anything second half

2 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Such little faith in our team. Why talk them down? Show some faith.

Cant believe you have posted sort of comment to me who believe we can get top 6. 

I told the board how I would play against Fulham before the game. 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Blimey, didn't realise you had those sort of connections.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I watched the game. Millwall got a lucky goal but played well 1st. Fulham second half better team. But even game. Millwall didn't create anything second half

Cant believe you have posted sort of comment to me who believe we can get top 6. 

Millwall had a different approach to playing Fulham than we did though. There was more intensity to their play and this, particularly in the first half didn't allow Fulham to get their passing game going. I think Mowbray set us up differently last Saturday and adopted different tactics which was done out of respect/fear of Fulham.

30 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Millwall had a different approach to playing Fulham than we did though. There was more intensity to their play and this, particularly in the first half didn't allow Fulham to get their passing game going. I think Mowbray set us up differently last Saturday and adopted different tactics which was done out of respect/fear of Fulham.

TM described Fulham as scarey more fear than respect!

46 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The shite pitch did Fulham no favours either 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I switched on for the 2nd half and thought Millwall were very positive. They were pushed back quite a lot as Fulham were trying to get a winner but Rowett made a couple of attacking subs and was pushing for a winner too. Apart from Fulham hitting the bar in stoppage time at the end, the standout chance was Millwall's through Tom Bradshaw, who should've done a lot better when he was put through.

4 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Blimey, didn't realise you had those sort of connections.

if only. I jist posted the best way for us to play. I would have played differently if Rothwell and Holtby was available

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

very true Millwall did play different but Fulham scored after 2 minute. plus don't forget the Millwall's goal was clearly offside. could have been very different game without that goal. I will Rowett alot of created for his team approach and the way he changed their style there

I’ve liked Johnson’s heading capability (if nothing else) since his debut but, watching the goals again, they were both really good headers for goals 1 & 2, especially the cushioned header for Armstrong. Any other of our midfielders and that would’ve gone for a goal kick.

On 12/02/2020 at 13:56, RevidgeBlue said:

Whoa, I enjoyed last night but let's not get giddy.

Walton is absolutely dreadful by far the worst permanent keeper I've seen playing for us and if it's true we turned down the chance to send him back in January it's yet another  lamentable decision imo

Walton seems completely incapable of catching a shot coming towards him, he did my head in at weekend when he straight arm punched a weak shot at chest height out for a corner. That in itself is an art it's be easier to catch it than five away a needless corner.

Said it before, for me Raya has massive natural talent and whilst he makes mistakes more than makes up for it by making stupendous saves he's no right to make. Walton makes just as money mistakes if not more and for me is relatively talentless and rarely makes any saves you wouldn't expect him to make. He's ok on simple crosses and spreading himself on a one on one, but that's about it. His shot stopping ability is more or less non existent.

You were raised on Sir Roger and an era when keepers actually did hold on to shots.  I remember Sir Roger diving full length for a shot heading to the top corner did he push it wide, over or back into play? No he held the bloody shot. Was a thing of beauty from behind him in the Blackburn end.  

I maintain some of Walton's problem is his foot movement he seems to.like to take a few stutter steps before he moves or dives costs him precious fractions of a second.