BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just now, Wegerleswiggle said:

Armstrong has the pace to lose a tight marker though. 

I think we'll win this one 3-1. Armstrong to grab a couple more.

Armstrong has been in a rich vein ever since he started that Angel of the North celebration - seriously though, if he keeps this up, he really will become the mini-Shearer.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The Charlton game is a tough one. Aren't they unbeaten against top 6 clubs? Deffo no pushover like some fans thought in August. 

Will be interesting how we set up formation and team line up wise. 

3 wins in last 20 games and lost home and away to 6th place Preston. They've got some draws against a couple of the top teams, but have also been turned over at home by Huddersfield, Birmingham and Wednesday.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Vilesinner said:

I still don't think Preston, Bristol City or Nottingham Forest are any better than us. Could see us finish between 5th and 10th by the end of the season.

The games against the teams around us are most important. But with 6 points to make up bearing Charlton is definitely important. 

I think at full strength our squad is better than that lot to the West. Maybe near on a parr with the other two ?

But given the injuries amongst other things I think we'll fall short. Top ten can't be sniffed at though. 

• Like 1

Rovers’ D has allowed three goals the last five games. I trust our defending more than ability to score. I think we can reasonably expect a low scoring affair. Charlton are 11th in goals (41), 15th allowed (45). We are 8th in goals (46),10th allowed (38).

It will be a supercharged, fun place. I expect 1-1 or 0-1.

Bit of positivity for Rovers heading into our Valentines Day fixture against Charlton Athletic.  We owes these guys for their cheeky win on opening day.  Despite the good spirits we all find ourselves in, this is a very LOSEABLE match.  So we need to have a bit of lady luck on this weekend of luuuurveee.

• Like 2

We definitely due these guys a royal pounding. Depends which Rovers we see.  Feel really good after the victory over a horrific Hull side. 
Key is Nyambe doesn’t pick up his normal first half injury, think Hull game was the first time this season I haven’t seen him hurt, to some degree during the first half.

Straight 4-4-2

Walton

Nyambe Lenihan Tosin Bell

Arma Travis Johnson Downing

Samuel Brereton 

Play well you keep the shirt policy. Brereton and Samuel need some time.

Some will question Armstrong being Right Wing, he is a confidence player he is flying high right now, and will cause problems where ever he is. This formation can switch to 4-3-3 easily enough.

Edited by Fraserkirky

2 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

We definitely due these guys a royal pounding. Depends which Rovers we see.  Feel really good after the victory over a horrific Hull side. 
Key is Nyambe doesn’t pick up his normal first half injury, think Hull game was the first time this season I haven’t seen him hurt, to some degree during the first half.

Straight 4-4-2

Walton

Nyambe Lenihan Tosin Bell

Arma Travis Johnson Downing

Samuel Brereton 

Play well you keep the shirt policy. Brereton and Samuel need some time.

Some will question Armstrong being Right Wing, he is a confidence player he is flying high right now, and will cause problems where ever he is. This formation can switch to 4-3-3 easily enough.

That’s ballsy but I like it! Though I think he’d swap Downing and Arma as he likes them drifting in.

10 hours ago, rigger said:

More people going that might return

Might return to Charlton??

We lose enough money as it is. Laying on subsidised travel to an away match which has already got significantly discounted tickets doesn’t sound sensible. 

£5 tickets is a great initiative to be fair. Rovers could certainly consider that for the future instead of £10 tickets. 

• Like 1

Christ its FIVE pounds a ticket and someone wants cheap transport laying on ?

Is that with or without free booze and a packed lunch as well?

Its probably the cheapest ticket in the football league tomorrow ffs.

Edited by Ossydave
  • Like 7

Win this game and it puts in too good a position, I think this is our "Brentford 18/19" game this year, we'll either crumble under the pressure or we'll win comfortably. I get the feeling TM will probably start to get motion sickness if we win tomorrow though.

Just now, Ossydave said:

Christ its FIVE pounds a ticket and someone wants cheap transport laying on ?

Is that with or without free booze and a packed lunch as well?

Its probably the cheapest ticket in the football league tomorrow ffs.

HAHAHHA Love it!

• Backroom
12 hours ago, Hasta said:

3 wins in last 20 games and lost home and away to 6th place Preston. They've got some draws against a couple of the top teams, but have also been turned over at home by Huddersfield, Birmingham and Wednesday.

Ah you have to love selective stats 

Walton

Nyambe Lenihan Adarabioyo Bell

Chapman Travis Johnson Downing

Brereton Armstrong

Subs: Hilton, Williams, Bennett, Buckley, Davenport, Samuel, Graham

Think I would go with that. Judgement call to partner Armstrong and if we at any point in danger of being over run in midfield, move Downing inside and play Armstrong and Chapman either side of Brereton.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Walton

Brereton Armstrong

Think I would go with that. Judgement call to partner Armstrong and if we at any point in danger of being over run in midfield, move Downing inside and play Armstrong and Chapman either side of Brereton.

I’d go Samuel/Arma up front. The guys fit after all this time, see what he can do. Stronger than Bremerton anyway.

Rest I agree with.

36 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Walton

Brereton Armstrong

Wishful thinking mate. Tony doesn’t often play with wingers. When he does, he inverts them so that they drift into the middle and let’s the fullbacks push on and create the width.

2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Wishful thinking mate. Tony doesn’t often play with wingers. When he does, he inverts them so that they drift into the middle and let’s the fullbacks push on and create the width.

Couldn't understand the logic of playing Bennett and Downing as inverted wingers the other night. I can understand playing inverted wingers if they have an eye for coming inside and scoring but for someone like Downing who's biggest strength is his crossing, it limited his effectiveness. Also when did Bell of Nyambe last register an assist?  Both are terrible crossers of the ball.