BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

30 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think you are a little too focused on trying to highlight 

The Chapman rumours have snowballed again with perhaps slightly more foundation than the Maddison ones but still. But ultimately we lack natural width and our only natural winger I would like to get a chance within an injury crisis. Hes done little to warrant a start because hes never given a game. He certainly never looked as lightweight and ineffectual as Buckley has done.

Who has given Mowbray pelters for not starting Buckley? I have been very consistent on my view that basically every time he has featured he has looked well off the standard and physically lost. Indeed most have said the same.

I think you are a little focused on nit picking Chaddys posts and finding ways to disagree with him on a daily basis, so there ya go. 

"Chapman rumours snowballed". It seems you only have issues with certain rumours, others you are fine with. Depends on what angle you are taking I suppose. 

Many on here were claiming,incorrectly,that Mowbray didn't give youth a chance. Even when he clearly was. If he never started Buckley I am sure people would be on Mowbrays case about it. It's great experience for the lad and a sure fire way to speed up his development. Mowbray gets slated for being too conservative, so he must see something in Buckley. 

Just now, davulsukur said:

So do I mate.

Not sure Doms has ever been that good though? I know he came on and scored last week, good finish too but i don't remember him doing much at championship level before.

He hasn't really gotten a chance to be fair due to injuries. We all hope it's the beginning of a good run for him today. 

Would prefer him upfront all the same ?

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think you are a little focused on nit picking Chaddys posts and finding ways to disagree with him on a daily basis, so there ya go. 

"Chapman rumours snowballed". It seems you only have issues with certain rumours, others you are fine with. Depends on what angle you are taking I suppose. 

Many on here were claiming,incorrectly,that Mowbray didn't give youth a chance. Even when he clearly was. If he never started Buckley I am sure people would be on Mowbrays case about it. It's great experience for the lad and a sure fire way to speed up his development. Mowbray gets slated for being too conservative, so he must see something in Buckley. 

Which rumours am I fine with?

Like I said, I have been very consistent in my opinion about Buckley being nowhere near ready and needing a loan spell in the lower leagues. I think to be honest that is a view shared by more than most. You are clutching at straws suggesting that his exlusion would lead to criticism.

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He hasn't really gotten a chance to be fair due to injuries. We all hope it's the beginning of a good run for him today. 

Would prefer him upfront all the same ?

I do think hes more suited to a wide role than Gallagher to be fair.

I'd still prefer a natural winger there though.

Edit: seen the post above. Scratch that, hes upfront.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, windymiller7 said:

Speaking to a guy last night who knows one of the staff in the treatment room. Says AA is struggling with his back after a weights session on thurs. 

Apparently it's resulted in a bit of a showdown with the training staff, Mowbray & the players. Players not happy with the weights sessions so close to a game leaving them knackered. Mowbray also not happy & it will now change.

This seems to stack up with what we've seen with late injuries to players & them blowing out of their arses after 70 mins.

Hope AA is fit enough to play as he's on fire at the mo.

Can't remember how long ago it was now - the years fly by - but when Everton suffered an 'epidemic' of, I think, knee injuries, David Moyes blamed the club's physiotherapist - one "Baz" Rathbone - and sacked him.

Do similar questions need to be asked of our trainers?

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Didn’t the rumours about Chapman start on here and then the guy said he was being sarcastic a few posts later?

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Sarcastic in saying he is refusing to play for the under 23s? I don't get remember that,or why someone would say that sarcastically!

I thought the poster themselves was being sarcy not Chapman.