BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Right up there with the best performances of the season. The 2 old heads doing exactly what we needed and leading the way, Downing and especially today Johnson were superb. Well done to the players and well done to Mowbray who got it spot on.

Buckley shut me up by putting in a performance a million miles from what we have seen prior. Samuel as good as ive seen him with some very intelligent hold up, Armstrong has had better games and not quite as sharp as he can be but of course a threat. Adarabioyo so composed, Nyambe had a shaky first 10 minute them back to his usual recent self afterwards, Bell far more composed than usual, Lenihan made a few really needless rash challenges and one yellow away from a 2 game ban but a leader back there. And Walton bailed us out with a few excellent saves and was generally very dependable. Travis gave it away a few times and got sloppy but got through plenty of work. And the subs came in and just slotted in nicely.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 4

• Backroom

When you think about it recently Nyambe, Travis, Downing, Armstrong, Lenihan and Tosin have been consistently brilliant but now the likes of Bell and Walton showing some consistency and Samuel, Buckley, Brereton showing signs of life we are looking really good.

Need to ride this wave as long as we can  

• Like 2

Looked solid for this win, this was what an improved and healthy defense does. Walton a couple of truly great saves, we need to keep him, he is getting better.

And lets face it - we are a better attacking team without Gallagher in the side. Some things are a blessing in disguise. Whenever he gets fit again, he should not be starting, at least not for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Given their league position I originally thought this a winnable fixture. However - when you look at their home form this is an excellent win.

Not getting giddy yet - result against Brentford and I might.

At the moment it would appear a certain amount of luck is on our side - with injuries forcing a change in style of play that is paying off at the moment.

Every team has a bit of luck at times DMTP but credit must go to the manager and coaching staff at Brockhall who are working with the lads on a daily basis. Confidence and self-belief must be high at the moment. 
Let’s hope they perform for the cameras next Saturday.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

3 points actually. With the same goal difference. 

3 points off the play offs.

He said we were 6 points off 3rd.

Anyway great win, concerned that with one more booking a two game ban is looming for Lenihan.

The back 5 have been superb of late, could really do without it being interrupted!

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 2

Some great performances tonight, especially from the fringe players. Special mention for Johnson who has been in poor form of late but bossed the midfield today.

Samuel has impressed me a lot in the last 2 games. He looks more ‘ready’ than Brereton and Buckley. Brereton always looks so clumsy on the ball, highlighted by him running the ball out of play. Buckley is very inconsistent, with some of his passing today putting us in a bad position and other passes looking top class.

Also I thought Chapman did well after coming on. Some nice runs and a cracking challenge. Not much time to really impose himself on the game though.

I like seeing all these players getting a chance right now. Brings a bit of excitement to the games each week. Who’s going to score next week??

1 minute ago, Mr. E said:

Looked solid for this win, this was what an improved and healthy defense does. Walton a couple of truly great saves, we need to keep him, he is getting better.

And lets face it - we are a better attacking team without Gallagher in the side. Some things are a blessing in disguise. Whenever he gets fit again, he should not be starting, at least not for the rest of the season.

Agree with this. Little sticks to Gallagher. Nearly everything stuck to Samuel today. Good performance.

Mowbray's shown himself to continually pick on merit, so I expect Samuel to keep his place when Gally gets fit.

Dominic Samuel was my man of the match. Absolutely outstanding, especially as he hasn’t started a game since August 2018. Walton and Bell most improved players since the turn of the year.

The usual star players for us were very good again today. Downing may as well be given the player of the season award now. 

Buckley has his best game in a Rovers shirt and Brereton is starting to look like a footballer. Strangely, we seem to be getting stronger with each new injury! 

• Like 3

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Need to go to Brentford targeting a win. Wins are the main currency, such a win would be a statement plus it would put us into the top 6 at least for a couple of hours which would be a first and massive psychological.

You're right but it's nailed on that Tony will set our stall out to try not to lose.

Anyway, let's not worry about next week and enjoy today's brilliant showing.