BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

25 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

Looked solid for this win, this was what an improved and healthy defense does. Walton a couple of truly great saves, we need to keep him, he is getting better.

And lets face it - we are a better attacking team without Gallagher in the side. Some things are a blessing in disguise. Whenever he gets fit again, he should not be starting, at least not for the rest of the season.

Gallagher getting injured is a blessing as if he's fit he plays. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Excellent result , from a poor performance against Fulham, an ok one against hull, that’s a very good performance so we have been getting better as the weeks went on, if we beat Brentford I may just start to believe.....

Surely we can't beat Brentford can we?! If we do win there then it'll be the first time this season I'll genuinely believe we can finish in the top 6. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I hate when fans say stuff like this 

We won plenty of games with him playing. It's never "a blessing" when one of your own players gets injured! 

Gallagher being in this side plugging up and down the wing would make us worse, make no mistake. Sounds harsh but its a very valid point IMO.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Surely we can't beat Brentford can we?! If we do win there then it'll be the first time this season I'll genuinely believe we can finish in the top 6. 

With two home games to follow against average teams.... i really dont mean to put a downer on things because I'm ecstatic tonight but we know what happened the last time we started to believe, six without a win!

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Gallagher being in this side plugging up and down the wing would make us worse, make no mistake. Sounds harsh but its a very valid point IMO.

Let's focus on the players who played and their performance. Not ppl who didn't take part

Why even mention Gallagher? IMO, you are obsess with constantly digging at Gallagher even he not part of the squad

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I hate when fans say stuff like this 

We won plenty of games with him playing. It's never "a blessing" when one of your own players gets injured! 

Stop being so sensitive. Gallagher has contributed very little this season, mostly as he's constantly played out of position. Him being injured has forced Tony's hand in playing players who are much more suited to that role there. If that means we now get in the play offs then i couldn't give a flying fuck about offending you or anyone else in saying his injury is a blessing. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

You're right but it's nailed on that Tony will set our stall out to try not to lose.

Anyway, let's not worry about next week and enjoy today's brilliant showing.

I'd say that's what he has to do. It's the back 4 and travis/Johnson digging in. Working hard. Keeping it simple that's allowing us to progress forward with confidence. 

While criticism of individual players for their performance in specific games is valid. The generic criticism of a player seems harsh . We are on 50 points with Gallagher playing the majority of those. Samuel plays one and its better and that is the answer. 

While it may or not be correct Samuels performance shouldn’t be a stick to beat another player for. Gallagher players in Mowbray selected position for him not to long ago that was Armstrong’s. 

Maybe sometimes the team is more important than the individual.

• Like 3

Just now, Boroblue said:

While criticism of individual players for their performance in specific games is valid. The generic criticism of a player seems harsh . We are on 50 points with Gallagher playing the majority of those. Samuel plays one and its better and that is the answer. 

While it may or not be correct Samuels performance shouldn’t be a stick to beat another player for. Gallagher players in Mowbray selected position for him not to long ago that was Armstrong’s. 

Maybe sometimes the team is more important than the individual.

His injury has forced Tony to play players that are more suited to that role there. Its not a criticism of the player. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

With two home games to follow against average teams.... i really dont mean to put a downer on things because I'm ecstatic tonight but we know what happened the last time we started to believe, six without a win!

Beware the ides of Wigan

Edited by jim mk2

15 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Stop being so sensitive. Gallagher has contributed very little this season, mostly as he's constantly played out of position. Him being injured has forced Tony's hand in playing players who are much more suited to that role there. If that means we now get in the play offs then i couldn't give a flying fuck about offending you or anyone else in saying his injury is a blessing. 

You didn't offend me,I just think you sound like a dick saying things like that. 

It's a stupid angle to take on a positive result. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 2