BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2 hours ago, DE. said:

Which is ridiculous considering the gap in fee and wage between the two. 

You buy from a Premier League club,you pay a premium. If Samuel can regularly do a job for us, he could turn out to be another gem well selected by the manager. Obviously you have Dack, Rothwell and Samuel who could all turn out to be terrific business. A bit to go for the 2 lads to be mentioned in the Dack category just yet though, so I'm probably getting ahead of myself ? 

It is refreshing though to see a team with Samuel and Buckley starting and Brereton coming off the bench and helping us to an away win. A regular positive contribution from those 3 would be massive. 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Well done TM, great game management. Limited choice with injuries but this young team playing with experienced players is proving a lot of us wrong. There's a challenge going on for the shirt and Buckley's goal with two players calling for the ball before he shot is good to see. 

We aren't that far off and if we can keep injury/suspension free we could be in for a shout. Anyone with issues not going to Ewood to support this team effort needs to think again and get down if they can,

image.png

I love the fact that Downing looks proper pissed off he hasn't squared it to him.

Just saw the highlights, what a save by Walton at the end. 

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Some folk want to have a go at gallagher far too easily, some are the same folk that want to praise brereton for very little on Tuesday night. We are a fickle bunch at times. Samuel played well and deserves his praise however he was playing in his position up top, gallagher hasn’t been given the same luxury of late and instead asked to do a wingers job, same wingers job that made armstrong look fairly average until he was given job up top where he has flourished. I would just rather we bought wingers for wingers jobs and strikers for striking jobs. All being said I am very happy with the result today. Few more wins and we will be right in amongst it, history tells us this is when we struggle but it has to change sometime 

Its not really fickle, its just judging players based on their performances. Samuel overall has been a poor signing, one very underwhelming season in League 1 with no goals post November, 18 months out, common consensus is that he isnt up to it. Comes off the bench Tuesday and gets a goal and puts in a very impressive display today, some good hold up, worked hard (he hasnt always) and rather than saying no hes not up to it and trying to dismiss his impact, people have praised him. Buckley has been nowhere near up to now, justifiably surprised to see him start, puts in a very good performance and praised for it. Brereton again people are getting excited over 2 cameos when hes done very little in terms of tangible impact but people desperate to see him do well.

Much of the criticism regarding Gallagher has been at the manager for playing him in a position in which he clearly cannot operate in but even as a central striker in the main he has been particularly poor. Yet the only disdain shown at Ewood was a brief chorus of "why the fucks he on the wing" followed by singing his name to show that they were not getting at him.

To go off on a tangent, not aimed at you, theres also a lot of myths peddled about players not getting support and it becomes quite tiresome to read and you do question why people are so keen to criticise their own fan base. @Hasta has it bang on regarding Bell, hes going to get plenty of criticism on here because hes been not up to it so many times but its painted as if hes publically scapegoated and hes not. Brereton apparently gets all sorts of stick, and to be honest hes not been anywhere near good enough, but you see all these claims about him breaking down in tears due to the fans and constantly people berating fans "not getting behind him," people were singing his name on Tuesday for doing things if any other player did people wouldnt bat an eyelid just because they were desperate for him to do well.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Atko's Engine said:

Gonna go with a gut feeling of a Rovers victory, 0-2, goals from AA and Downing, assists from Buckley & AA. 

Think we'll do enough to keep a clean sheet, we just need to ride out the 1st 15 mins to quieten the big home crowd.

Ok, so I got the key personnel wrong but other than that I'm quite proud of myself!

That's a great result & performance in squalid conditions against a team with a full house behind them, momentum from a big win in midweek & where no other top 8 club has won (I think).

It's great to hear how well the lads all played today, I think TM has really worked hard to instill a bit of a siege mentality in the squad, and a sense of not feeling sorry for ourselves over injuries & missed transfer targets. However his outward persona sometimes comes across, I think he is passionate about the game, passionate about his job here & truly cares for & understands the players under his wing.  He's done a great job using the injuries as a way to bring fringe players into the fray, and has blended youth with experience fantastically well (perhaps out of necessity but still). 

He might be too honest at times, somewhat naive when dealing with transfers, or try to over complicate things; but one thing I think he stands out as a top skill is his man-management, and he gets repaid for his loyalty in situations such as this.

Hopefully they get a good rest this week, maybe get a couple back from injury and put in a repeat performance next Saturday to lay to rest the ghost of last season's result there. 

• Like 8

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

To be fair Samuel has always played well in my view, just never got going.  The man has potential as evidenced by today 

Dom looked okay when he played during our L1 season but nothing special - although he was almost always on the wing so much like Gallagher hard to judge as that clearly isn't his position. He's got a platform to build on now so let's hope he continues in this vein.

42 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You buy from a Premier League club,you pay a premium. If Samuel can regularly do a job for us, he could turn out to be another gem well selected by the manager. Obviously you have Dack, Rothwell and Samuel who could all turn out to be terrific business. A bit to go for the 2 lads to be mentioned in the Dack category just yet though, so I'm probably getting ahead of myself ? 

It is refreshing though to see a team with Samuel and Buckley starting and Brereton coming off the bench and helping us to an away win. A regular positive contribution from those 3 would be massive. 

Precisely why we shouldn't be looking to PL clubs for signings imo. Hopefully the European scouting network gets going in the summer as we'll get far better value abroad. 

What a day! Soaked having a beer at half time but won’t ruin the day.

Walton superb and another clean sheet for a settler defence.

Johnson and Travis doing their job perfectly. Buckley a great addition as someone with nice touches and good on the turn with the ball.

Another 3 points! Loving it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Much of the criticism regarding Gallagher has been at the manager for playing him in a position in which he clearly cannot operate in but even as a central striker in the main he has been particularly poor. Yet the only disdain shown at Ewood was a brief chorus of "why the fucks he on the wing" followed by singing his name to show that they were not getting at him.

You mention Gallagher name 1st after today's game which we would win without him so why did you mention? why couldn't you just the players who played today and their performance?

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Brereton apparently gets all sorts of stick, and to be honest hes not been anywhere near good enough, but you see all these claims about him breaking down in tears due to the fans and constantly people berating fans "not getting behind him," people were singing his name on Tuesday for doing things if any other player did people wouldnt bat an eyelid just because they were desperate for him to do well.

signing his name will help his confidence. He is lacking in confidence during alot of games. He is only 20 years old. 

4 in 5 now on the road. Unbelievable form. Dare I say we've looked good since Dack and Rothwell have been out? Absolutely bossing the games we win at the moment and today was no different. Haven't been on an away day in a few months but loved every minute of today. Even stretched to a couple after breaking the whole no drink until April rule but how can you not?

Three points from play offs and players still to return. We go again.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You mention Gallagher name 1st after today's game which we would win without him so why did you mention? why couldn't you just the players who played today and their performance?

signing his name will help his confidence. He is lacking in confidence during alot of games. He is only 20 years old. 

I didnt. My initial response was a detailed post in which I shared my views of the game I watched, with praise across the board for both players and manager. I then interjected into 2 ongoing conversations, firstly about mentality and going to Brentford targetting a win, followed my a conversation about Gallagher amidst the best way that we can line up upon his return, in my opinion without him. So please get your facts straight, I didnt mention him first.

Just looking at the Championship form table;

Last 5 games - 3rd place with a GD of plus 5

and even more impressive, last 15 games - 2nd place with a GD of plus 12 with Brentford ominously in first)

Fantastic levels of general consistency over the last few months, and lots to be positive about tonight.

The confidence levers are clearly ever-increasing. Who knows where the momentum takes us....

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I didnt. My initial response was a detailed post in which I shared my views of the game I watched, with praise across the board for both players and manager. I then interjected into 2 ongoing conversations, firstly about mentality and going to Brentford targetting a win, followed my a conversation about Gallagher amidst the best way that we can line up upon his return, in my opinion without him. So please get your facts straight, I didnt mention him first.

I read the detailed post. Nothing wrong with that post. 

Gallagher is going to be need going forward. We will pick up injuries. 

Gallagher will be on bench against Brentford I guess

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I read the detailed post. Nothing wrong with that post. 

Gallagher is going to be need going forward. We will pick up injuries. 

Gallagher will be on bench against Brentford I guess

I was just saying that my first reaction was not to randomly criticise Gallagher as you implied.

He should be well down the pecking order at this moment in time. The 3 forwards who featured today and Graham who is miles more likely to score should all be ahead of him and it is very difficult to justify having 5 strikers in a matchday squad. The side should be the same with Rothwell introduced to the bench.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I was just saying that my first reaction was not to randomly criticise Gallagher as you implied.

He should be well down the pecking order at this moment in time. The 3 forwards who featured today and Graham who is miles more likely to score should all be ahead of him and it is very difficult to justify having 5 strikers in a matchday squad. The side should be the same with Rothwell introduced to the bench.

Fascinating. Glad you enjoyed it so much.

Any chance you and Chaddy could get a room or a divorce?

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Inglorious basturk said:

A lot of pleasing things to take from today’s day out . Slightly frustrating to think of the money on the bench that could have been spent on defenders when we had dom

Yeah as I stood there 2-0 up with another clean sheet in the bag I thought to myself if only we could bring on another defender.

Superb result. 

Since a couple of people are talking about Gallagher. Big difference between him and Samuel is the ball seemed to stick to Dom today. It seems like a relatively simple thing but surely with Gallaghers physical attributes he could be coached to shield and hold up. Rather than going for these crazy blood and thunder flick ons. It's a huge hindrance.

Back to the game. Jolly good. And amazing to see some of our lesser players stepping up. Walton (save at the end was a worldy), Bell (consistent for a month now), Johnson showing physicality, Buckley showing he can handle this league and the previously mentioned Samuel. 

Biggest thing is though we look like a unit at the back. Keep on plodding. 

• Like 1

Just now, Wood26 said:

Small point I just remembered, but made me so proud, was when one of their players fronted up and pushed Buckley early in to the game to intimidate him, only to be instantly surrounded by 5 Rovers players. Love it.

Both central midfielders are absolute bell ends in footballing terms. I mean that in a good way when they are playing for us, wind up merchants, if need be, cheats, hate them if they play for the other team.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Both central midfielders are absolute bell ends in footballing terms. I mean that in a good way when they are playing for us, wind up merchants, if need be, cheats, hate them if they play for the other team.

Yes it’s about time we had some trademark shithouses.  Same way I loved savage and dioufy 

• Like 5