BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

19 minutes ago, Inglorious basturk said:

Just about today is it ? 

No, it’s about 11 clean sheets. Granted Nyambe should of been in side sooner. Jury is out on Bell but Cunningham plugged that gap and injury is out of our control. 

I know Johnson has his critics and I don’t see every game, but the ones I have he adds a presence to us I feel we been missing for a long time.

• Like 1

Just now, Wood26 said:

No, it’s about 11 clean sheets. Granted Nyambe should of been in side sooner. Jury is out on Bell but Cunningham plugged that gap and injury is out of our control. 

I know Johnson has his critics and I don’t see every game, but the ones I have he adds a presence to us I feel we been missing for a long time.

I would say he has been a liability more often than an asset but he either tends to be really impressive, the last 2 games, the opening day, Bristol City away and maybe 1 or 2 more. A lot of the time he has been really poor on the ball, constantly giving it away, albeit he is asked to receive the ball off the back 4 and he cannot play on the half turn like that. Its just frustrating because he certainly has the track record of a top 6 Championship midfielder but needs to be like he was today most weeks.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Can anyone tell me how Bucko did today? 

Im not overly bothered either way, as I havent entered into this Buckley debate with you at all. However i think this is one of your sarcy posts, and youre hoping someone says he was looking like the next dunn, to big up your £20million bids claim, give it a rest Paul.

Edited by AAK
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, AAK said:

Im not overly bothered either way, as I havent entered into this Buckley debate with you at all. However i think this is one of your sarcy posts, and youre hoping someone says he was looking like the next dunn, to big up your £20million bids claim, give it a rest Paul.

Wtf are you going on about!? I didn’t go to the game, saw he’d scored a goal and wondered how he’d done overall. Plus I never said he was worth £20m! I said in December that I knew (fact) that there were / are massive PL clubs watching him and that I wouldn’t be surprised if one made an 8 figure bid for him. There was no debate to be had with you or anyone. 

What is absolutely ridiculous is how paranoid and bitter you are. Even when your team wins. Embarrassing. 

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Wtf are you going on about!? I didn’t go to the game, saw he’d scored a goal and wondered how he’d done overall. Plus I never said he was worth £20m! I said in December that I knew (fact) that there were / are massive PL clubs watching him and that I wouldn’t be surprised if one made an 8 figure bid for him. There was no debate to be had with you or anyone. 

What is absolutely ridiculous is how paranoid and bitter you are. Even when your team wins. Embarrassing. 

TBF the thread is loaded with references as to how fans thought Buckley was playing! You just had to read it.

Given your history of provocative posting AAK's post is understandable.

36 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

You say fact, how do you know that hes being scouted by "massive PL clubs" and if so, which? Today was his first game at senior level when he didnt look totally out of place so I cant see it. Not sure how you could merit the 8 figure bid you wouldnt be surprised by considering his first team appearances thus far and obviously his games with the kids which pardon my ignorance, but like myself you havent seen?

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Can anyone tell me how Bucko did today? 

Very well in the first half. Fine goal, looked composed in possession and very tidy with it. Finally started seeing the player we keep hearing about. Even threw himself about physically a bit, winning the ball very well on the edge of our box at one point.

Second half he was fairly poor I felt. Some sloppy passing and began looking indecisive, something which I wouldn't even have levelled at him in previous games. Then started to stabilise a bit later on.

Still a project in progress. Still think a League One loan and weekly men's football would have benefited him better. But maybe he will start to find his feet in our first team instead. Fingers crossed.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why does it matter which clubs? Clubs are always looking at young British players. Leicester signed Callum Wright from us 18 months for 1 million and never been in 1st team yet 

Because if you say massive clubs but don't name them, it sounds like you don't really know what's going on as much as Paul is saying he does. For the record I'm not saying Paul has or hasn't heard reliable information about the situation, I'm just telling you why it is reasonable to ask this question if you're someone who isn't entirely buying the claim.

1 million is a whole different story to 10 million upwards, btw. If we want to make comparisons, it would be fairer to look at Jude Bellingham. Only 16, made getting on for 30 appearances this season I believe, notching 5 or so goals from central midfield. Considerably more impressive than Buckley's CV to date, at 4 years his junior, an age when he shouldn't be anywhere near a first team at tier 2, and the bid for him was what, 25 million? And most people thought that was a little crazy.

Hell, we sell established first team goalies with probably about 15 years left in them for 3 million.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Because if you say massive clubs but don't name them, it sounds like you don't really know what's going on as much as Paul is saying he does. For the record I'm not saying Paul has or hasn't heard reliable information about the situation, I'm just telling you why it is reasonable to ask this question if you're someone who isn't entirely buying the claim.

1 million is a whole different story to 10 million upwards, btw. If we want to make comparisons, it would be fairer to look at Jude Bellingham. Only 16, made getting on for 30 appearances this season I believe, notching 5 or so goals from central midfield. Considerably more impressive than Buckley's CV to date, at 4 years his junior, an age when he shouldn't be anywhere near a first team at tier 2, and the bid for him was what, 25 million? And most people thought that was a little crazy.

Hell, we sell established first team goalies with probably about 15 years left in them for 3 million.

Well Ive spoken to Paul about this so I do know what's going on thanks. 

Dont know about the bids for Bellingham tbh. Lots of rumours about. 

Raya wanted out and Mowbray wanted a new number 1 last summer. 

34 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well Ive spoken to Paul about this so I do know what's going on thanks. 

Dont know about the bids for Bellingham tbh. Lots of rumours about. 

Raya wanted out and Mowbray wanted a new number 1 last summer. 

No, you know what Paul tells you he has heard is going on.

The Bellingham stuff is too widely reported to just be a rumour. Chaddy, can't you see how odd it is for you to take what somebody on an internet forum has told you somebody else has told him as gospel, but you'll ignore pretty much the entirety of the press and dismiss that as rumour? I'm sure you'll take this as an attack again, but please understand, I'm trying to encourage some consistency in your logic and thinking. You'll get into a lot less petty arguments if you can establish some, and it will benefit your thinking processes too. Things don't become true or false because you want them to be.

Working nights sucks at times, I did not wake up till halftime.

My views for what it's worth. First I thought Buckley looked very good, there is a very good footballer in there, bit like Riding he is so calm, seems to have great vision and the ability to use that vision. Now, I read that he had dropped off second half so I have.to watch the first half now because I still thought he was really good so he must have been fantastic first half.  Just needs some bulk and let's hope that does not detract from his abilities.  Another shout out for Samuel, who is this guy.  Such strength some wonderful little flicks and tricks to befuddle his marker and the ref should have offered him more protection.  Perhaps being out for so long has made him hungry again, allowed him to realise just how fortunate he is to be a pro footballer.

Best thing for me is, in the past had I come on at half time 2 up I would have been bricking it the whole 2nd half, a bag of nerves as we clung to and eventually surrendered our lead.  Today there was none of that I thought we looked quite solid.  Couple if great Walton saves from distance but that is what we limited them to.  Johnson, another I have lambasted had a good game, in fact Travis, perhaps my favourite player looked the weak link today.  I think the lad needs a break, his tenacity is still fantastic but his is getting a little sloppy with the ball at times.  Now lads can you keep this up or will we be doing a Rovers special and capitulate just when our hopes are up.  Time will tell but I like our look right now.  All the players are looking like they want it.

Just watched the highlights to see the goals, how is that not a penalty?  2 stonewall's in 2 games.  Bowyer has the audacity to bitch about the free kick after that?

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

No, you know what Paul tells you he has heard is going on.

The Bellingham stuff is too widely reported to just be a rumour. Chaddy, can't you see how odd it is for you to take what somebody on an internet forum has told you somebody else has told him as gospel, but you'll ignore pretty much the entirety of the press and dismiss that as rumour? I'm sure you'll take this as an attack again, but please understand, I'm trying to encourage some consistency in your logic and thinking. You'll get into a lot less petty arguments if you can establish some, and it will benefit your thinking processes too. Things don't become true or false because you want them to be.

Firstly, stop telling what to think or the way to think. It's really annoying!!!

Secondly, Paul I trust very much on here more than most over a period of time we discussed. 

Thirdly, we see what price Bellingham goes for in the summer especially if they are hit hard FFP wise. 

Top of the form table for the last 6 (which is the only one I usually look at) - hats off to the team in how they have responded and stepped up to us losing a large chunk of our first team. Samuel is like a different player to when I last saw him, Downing is such a model professional (is there any position he hasn't played this season?, and looked good in all of them), Nyambe has been a revelation and i cannot think of many fullbacks in this division I would have over him, and Tosin (who do i have to suck off for him to come here permanently?)  TM might have had his hand forced by injury but well done sir, you have had us closer than most to the playoffs and you have got this team working their socks off for you. 

Pull out a win against Brentford and you have to say we well in the mix for a playoff finish.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

You say fact, how do you know that hes being scouted by "massive PL clubs" and if so, which? Today was his first game at senior level when he didnt look totally out of place so I cant see it. Not sure how you could merit the 8 figure bid you wouldnt be surprised by considering his first team appearances thus far and obviously his games with the kids which pardon my ignorance, but like myself you havent seen?

The club (coaches / players etc) know when scouts are in attendance and who they’re in attendance for.

”They keep coming back to see him but it’d take 8 figures to get him. They know that”

You don’t need to be playing every week for these clubs to pay 8 figures. They’ll pay that for U23’s if they see the potential. Which apparently they do.

Just because you don’t understand something doesn’t make it false.

6 hours ago, 47er said:

TBF the thread is loaded with references as to how fans thought Buckley was playing! You just had to read it.

Given your history of provocative posting AAK's post is understandable.

I’d just got home, scanned the thread and there was nothing comprehensive about Buckley. Most opinions on those I read were about Walton, Samuel and Johnson.

If he had read my reply to the two lads who actually gave some feedback before droning on in spite of the truth.

6 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Very well in the first half. Fine goal, looked composed in possession and very tidy with it. Finally started seeing the player we keep hearing about. Even threw himself about physically a bit, winning the ball very well on the edge of our box at one point.

Second half he was fairly poor I felt. Some sloppy passing and began looking indecisive, something which I wouldn't even have levelled at him in previous games. Then started to stabilise a bit later on.

Still a project in progress. Still think a League One loan and weekly men's football would have benefited him better. But maybe he will start to find his feet in our first team instead. Fingers crossed.

Got to be honest, whenever I watch him I can’t help thinking there’s a player in there but he does drift in and out of games.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

• Like 2