BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

One recurring theme about our best performances this season is that we have had a balanced team with two banks of four and plenty of movement from the front two who are constantly looking to get in behind. I really hope Mowbray keeps the current shape and tactics irrespective of who we play. There has been a fluidity about our play and the movement allows us to press a little higher. There has been a simplicity to our best performances and no over complications.

1000% ?

And this is why a lot get so frustrated at times. The answer has been there all along.

2 hours ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Really pleased for Samuel yesterday. A goal will be nice to cap off a good performance up front.

A couple of times he controlled the ball brilliantly, good movement off the ball too, has pace and definitely not shy to take a shot on. Hope he can finally kick on after such a long time out.

Samuel was never going to be the next Benni McCarthy but he could develop into the next Jason Roberts. Nothing wrong with that at this level. He has the physical attributes, size, strength and pace but in the past I thought his attitude left a bit to be desired. He seemed to get discouraged easily. Maybe the serious  injury has focused his mind on what life could be like out of the game.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Won't let me upload the pic for some reason, maybe cos I always get told off by the mods ?

But mr Dack was sat in the away end with us normal (ish) folks and was an absolute gent. Spoke so highly of us as said "not a chance" he would leave any time soon 

With all due respect tho he’s hardly going to stand there and say “yeah I’m looking to move this summer mate”. 

Here’s to hoping he does stay though 

5 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

With all due respect tho he’s hardly going to stand there and say “yeah I’m looking to move this summer mate”. 

Here’s to hoping he does stay though 

True, I'm not one to be blinded by comments but he was genuine. And tbf why would he move on anyway?

22 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Samuel was never going to be the next Benni McCarthy but he could develop into the next Jason Roberts. Nothing wrong with that at this level. He has the physical attributes, size, strength and pace but in the past I thought his attitude left a bit to be desired. He seemed to get discouraged easily. Maybe the serious  injury has focused his mind on what life could like out of the game.

I think he maybe wised up a bit before that. His pre season last year (prior to the injury,) was very positive - he put a load of extra work in over the summer. Can't imagine what a long term injury on top of that does but I am liking his character and performances. 

• Like 2

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Well he’s not now, no club is going to take a big money punt on a Championship player with a cruciate. 

Well, exactly. I would imagine at this point he isn't going anywhere until the summer after next at the very least, as even after he returns to fitness it's going to be a case of seeing how the injury has affected his form. He'll be 28 already by then. If we haven't signed him up to a new contract by then he'll be free to leave the club, which may be considered an attractive option for Bradley and his agent as a PL club might be willing to take a punt on a free transfer as opposed to having to pay £10m+...

Edited by DE.

Just now, DE. said:

Well, exactly. I would imagine at this point he isn't going anywhere until the summer after next at the very least, as even after he returns to fitness it's going to be a case of seeing how the injury has affected his form. He'll be 28 already by then. If we haven't signed him up to a new contract by then he'll be free to leave the club, which may be considered an attractive option as a PL club might be willing to take a punt on a free transfer as opposed to having to pay £10m+...

Do we not have an option on his deal in the clubs favour?

Just now, Blue blood said:

I think he maybe wised up a bit before that. His pre season last year (prior to the injury,) was very positive - he put a load of extra work in over the summer. Can't imagine what a long term injury on top of that does but I am liking his character and performances. 

Yes I read that. It was such a shame he got injured after all that effort.  I still think he's the sort of striker that needs three good chances to score a goal but if he puts himself about those chances will come.

Was too knackered to post when I got back last night but here's some thoughts, moans first :

Nice ground in general if a little hard to reach! The exception being the away stand. No hot water in the toilets, kiosk out in the rain (decent pie though). No standing allowed on the (sort of) concourse. Straight to your seats if you don't want to get wet (1 hour+ to go before kick-off). Needs re-building to enter the 2000s. To the knuckle-dragging mouth-breather on the coach: We don't care about your opinion on hobknobs or the likelihood of making the club or more beer or how you can't pronounce foreign names. We just want to relax in peace and get home. Talk to your friends normally or SHUT THE **** UP!!! "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Suppose that goes for my moaning too...

Those gripes aside, the football was excellent. Truly excellent. Charlton fans all seem to agree we outclassed them easily. They started very well but, after 10 minutes, we were the better team by miles. Walton did pull off blinders out of nowhere but I stress OUT OF NOWHERE. We could easily have scored more. Midfield bossed it. Samuel terrorised them; a superb lone-striker performance. It wouldn't be us if there weren't a few little negatives! Bell keeps kicking it out of play when he means to kick it inside. Brereton looked willing and has definitely improved but still looks like he can't control the ball (cutting into the box but then out for a goal kick rather than squaring it being a glaring example).

A point at Brentford would do us very nicely. A loss and the gap widens again with less time left. Come on!

• Like 3

Anyone besides me notice Danny Graham at half time laughing and making "round tummy" gestures towards Dack sitting in the stands?

I fear Dack may have put on some timber during his layoff, meaning he'll be even less fit than usual when he comes back. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, philipl said:

Huge plus for me.

Dominic Samuel is a far better footballer than I ever remembered him to be.

Maybe in all his time.off he forgot how crap he was.  From what I recall he had a few good games early on the just sort of got lost.  He looked pretty useful.today, yesterday.

6 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Anyone besides me notice Danny Graham at half time laughing and making "round tummy" gestures towards Dack sitting in the stands?

I fear Dack may have put on some timber during his layoff, meaning he'll be even less fit than usual when he comes back. 

Or Graham was just having some banter with his mate?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks for the response. I feel that the crucial thing at the minute is movement and fluidity and not players staying rigid to the position. 

That's what I've been banging on about. It means so much and makes a massive difference. Against Fulham we were cagey, stood off and didn't commit forwards with any purpose for 75mins and ended up losing, yet Barnsley showed that they could be got at. 

Yesterday, we started off on the back foot but credit to Mowbray, he adjusted things and we then had the game in control. The manager and players need to stick to letting the opposition worry about us, not the other way around.

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

His missus is banging too 

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Samuel was never going to be the next Benni McCarthy but he could develop into the next Jason Roberts. Nothing wrong with that at this level. He has the physical attributes, size, strength and pace but in the past I thought his attitude left a bit to be desired. He seemed to get discouraged easily. Maybe the serious  injury has focused his mind on what life could be like out of the game.

New contract needed new found form probably.  Glad he's fit, well and playing but i'd be careful before handing him a new deal. Do we want to go over old ground yet again instead of actually going to the trouble of signing a winger or a decent striker.

Not for me.

Excellent win yesterday and what a great day all round ,met up with some old freinds even spoke to Lyle Taylor,told me to expect some banter with the away fans if he scored ,luckily he didn't ...Great to see Dacky with the away fans ...On the game as a few have pointed out  the balance of the team was the key yesterday looked good and Dom Sam is looking a lot stronger when rolling is man off the shoulder ,he does lack a bit of composure at times when coming in on goal but that will come with confidence also nice to see the Rovers fans giving him a good send off when subbed fully deserved as well...Also good to see Tony show a bit of emotion with the away fans not seen him do it for a while ...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Beanie01289 said:

Do we not have an option on his deal in the clubs favour?

Yes we do have a year option in the club favour. He has 18 months left on his contract but club got a 12 months option to extend his contract. 

1 hour ago, callumrovers said:

Or Graham was just having some banter with his mate?

Exactly. Big mates. 

• Like 1