BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Have a feeling we will play Graham up top against Brentford. With them having all the possession we will need the ball to stick in the right areas. Samuel and Arma as the inverted forwards with Buckley in behind. We need Dowing for his passing ability and set peices so will play him and Trav central. 

This is unless Tony is more worried about Brentfords front 3 so wouldn't surprise me to see Bennett on the wing giving more protection to Bell.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, arbitro said:

Just sat at Euston basking in the glory of a great performance and win. Lots of top performances today but Buckley was terrific for me. Walton not far behind and then probably nine more just behind. Also well done to Mowbray who got his tactics spot on. I have been critical of him many time but in recent games he has got it right.

It’s great that things have improved but one does wonder how much Mowbray’s tinkering has cost us this season. Hopefully we can get into those play-offs at the end of the season and it won’t matter. We can both look back and say that Mowbray was right and we were wrong. However I can’t help but think that with more players fit we’d have been chopping and changing and much less consistent.

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Anyone besides me notice Danny Graham at half time laughing and making "round tummy" gestures towards Dack sitting in the stands?

I fear Dack may have put on some timber during his layoff, meaning he'll be even less fit than usual when he comes back. 

I think anyone would put a bit of timber on when all you can really do is sit around at first. My take on this is if it all heals well he might come back fitter and stronger than he's ever been.

This is a ten million quid plus asset here so once he's able they'll be pushing him 6 days a week i reckon.

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

It’s great that things have improved but one does wonder how much Mowbray’s tinkering has cost us this season. Hopefully we can get into those play-offs at the end of the season and it won’t matter. We can both look back and say that Mowbray was right and we were wrong. However I can’t help but think that with more players fit we’d have been chopping and changing and much less consistent.

Maybe when Dack was playing other players were looking for something special from him to turn a game. Now he's missing possibly more of them are taking responsibility.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, den9112 said:

Excellent win yesterday and what a great day all round ,met up with some old freinds even spoke to Lyle Taylor,told me to expect some banter with the away fans if he scored ,luckily he didn't ...Great to see Dacky with the away fans ...On the game as a few have pointed out  the balance of the team was the key yesterday looked good and Dom Sam is looking a lot stronger when rolling is man off the shoulder ,he does lack a bit of composure at times when coming in on goal but that will come with confidence also nice to see the Rovers fans giving him a good send off when subbed fully deserved as well...Also good to see Tony show a bit of emotion with the away fans not seen him do it for a while ...

And Tony wore the lucky scarf!!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Be careful in screenshot land this will be held up as an example of hideous humble man bashing by one who's never made a barbed comment towards Mowbray in his life, well in his own mind at least.

And do not dare make a quip about appearance fees in jest of Bennett or you'll be potentially facing a trip to the Old Bailey in a libel suit !

What an absolute desperate tool ???

A very good performance, result and enjoyable day out. 

Thought our performance was excellent and really pleasing to see us see the game through keeping the clean sheet 

Still think the play offs are going to be a step too far for us. Probably need minimum 25 points from 39 remaining, whilst Fulham, Forest and Brentford probably only need 20 points. Nevertheless good to see us performing well, good form and good habits of managing games and clean sheets. Keeps things interesting.

Despite concerns about the weather, trains and problems at Euston station thankfully everything went smoothly. Went into their supporters lounge pre match behind the goals. Packed with fans, warm meals on, beer, relaxed atmosphere. Feel Rovers are missing a trick not opening up the Darwen End and doing similar on matchday. No entry fee or membership required. Just first come first served.

6 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

The club (coaches / players etc) know when scouts are in attendance and who they’re in attendance for.

”They keep coming back to see him but it’d take 8 figures to get him. They know that”

You don’t need to be playing every week for these clubs to pay 8 figures. They’ll pay that for U23’s if they see the potential. Which apparently they do.

Just because you don’t understand something doesn’t make it false.

It isnt about me not understanding, it is about you making massive insinuations about big clubs circling over the player and potentially bidding a massive, massive amount, even implying and name dropping City, without any detail from where you have supposedly got this information from, how you would have got it, and any questions are batted back with the same cryptic and at times patronising answers. If you are going to make comments like that people are going to be skeptical, especially when academy regulars suggest negative comparisons with our other young lads and all you do is patronise them with laughing emojis before admitting that you have never actually seen the player in question play! If you are going to try and play ITK, people are not going to just accept big assumptions without further questioning and if that is then responded to by simply patronising then it will rub people up the wrong way. @bluebruce hit the nail on the head

I cant think off the top of my head of many players going to Prem clubs for 8 figure fees straight from someones under 23s without any positive exposure to first team football (yesterday was Buckley's first effective game and you made these comments a few weeks ago), but happy to be corrected on that,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Be careful in screenshot land this will be held up as an example of hideous humble man bashing by one who's never made a barbed comment towards Mowbray in his life, well in his own mind at least.

And do not dare make a quip about appearance fees in jest of Bennett or you'll be potentially facing a trip to the Old Bailey in a libel suit !

What an absolute desperate tool ???

Not sure what a reasonable person would find objectionable about my post.

I feel a bit sorry for him really. Yes, he will disagree with things, that’s what the board is all about, but you have to be a special kind of bitter and pathetic to screenshot posts for the amusement of about four mates on Twitter.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Maybe when Dack was playing other players were looking for something special from him to turn a game. Now he's missing possibly more of them are taking responsibility.

Possibly a bit of that. A little like when Rooney was at the back end of his England career.

Dack hasn’t really hit the heights I hoped he would in the Championship. He just seems to pop up in the right place and nick a goal. Shame we lost him for the season without seeing any cash - although it’s looking like a bit of a blessing.

30 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Despite concerns about the weather, trains and problems at Euston station thankfully everything went smoothly. Went into their supporters lounge pre match behind the goals. Packed with fans, warm meals on, beer, relaxed atmosphere. Feel Rovers are missing a trick not opening up the Darwen End and doing similar on matchday. No entry fee or membership required. Just first come first served.

Legends Lounge would be perfect. Few guest ales, couple of hot food options, midday match on the TV.

No brainer for any club fetching a few as you are right in the away end. Captive market for those fans that don’t want to be wandering pub to pub seeing if away fans are allowed in etc.

I can only think the club doesn’t want to dilute the Blues Bar and Jack’s Kitchen. Yet, they dipped their toes in something similar for about two games last season, but offered nothing apart from a bar serving Fosters and John Smith’s and wondered why it didn’t fill up.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It isnt about me not understanding, it is about you making massive insinuations about big clubs circling over the player and potentially bidding a massive, massive amount, even implying and name dropping City, without any detail from where you have supposedly got this information from, how you would have got it, and any questions are batted back with the same cryptic and at times patronising answers. If you are going to make comments like that people are going to be skeptical, especially when academy regulars suggest negative comparisons with our other young lads and all you do is patronise them with laughing emojis before admitting that you have never actually seen the player in question play! If you are going to try and play ITK, people are not going to just accept big assumptions without further questioning and if that is then responded to by simply patronising then it will rub people up the wrong way.

As Paul Mani has said he knows staff on the coaching staff, plus staff at the club also. 

No one has been patronising tho. 

4 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Possibly a bit of that. A little like when Rooney was at the back end of his England career.

Dack hasn’t really hit the heights I hoped he would in the Championship. He just seems to pop up in the right place and nick a goal. Shame we lost him for the season without seeing any cash - although it’s looking like a bit of a blessing.

Its very harsh to suggest that it is a blessing that he got injured. The game v Wigan followed a run of 16 points from 6 games in which he had been critical and contributed 4 goals. Ultimately, a lot of other things came together which have continued in his absence, the centre back partnership, Nyambe back in the team and thriving, Downing stepping his performances up, Armstrong playing a more central role etc. Dack firing in goals with regularity on top of that would have only improved us further.

He has 24 goals and 8 assists in 1 and a half seasons so surely your expectations were very high indeed.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

As Paul Mani has said he knows staff on the coaching staff, plus staff at the club also. 

No one has been patronising tho. 

Yet he was hilariously star struck in his posts after he got to meet staff at the consultation meeting...

?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its very harsh to suggest that it is a blessing that he got injured. The game v Wigan followed a run of 16 points from 6 games in which he had been critical and contributed 4 goals. Ultimately, a lot of other things came together which have continued in his absence, the centre back partnership, Nyambe back in the team and thriving, Downing stepping his performances up, Armstrong playing a more central role etc. Dack firing in goals with regularity on top of that would have only improved us further.

He has 24 goals and 8 assists in 1 and a half seasons so surely your expectations were very high indeed.

You’ve ignored my point. Yes the record books will show goals (as the did with the hugely derided Jordan Rhodes) but while he was a stand out player in L1, he looks a long way of the standard of, say, Jack Grealish.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Legends Lounge would be perfect. Few guest ales, couple of hot food options, midday match on the TV.

No brainer for any club fetching a few as you are right in the away end. Captive market for those fans that don’t want to be wandering pub to pub seeing if away fans are allowed in etc.

I can only think the club doesn’t want to dilute the Blues Bar and Jack’s Kitchen. Yet, they dipped their toes in something similar for about two games last season, but offered nothing apart from a bar serving Fosters and John Smith’s and wondered why it didn’t fill up.

Wigan get it bang on. The pre-match facilities in the away end at Latics is top notch. Huge indoor space with a bar and a pie stand, big screen TV. Tables & Chairs etc...

Treat away fans respectfully and they act respectfully, treat them like cattle and they'll act like cattle.