BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Moderation Lead
5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

As Paul Mani has said he knows staff on the coaching staff, plus staff at the club also. 

No one has been patronising tho. 

I’m not saying he’s lying, quite the opposite as I have met him and he was with an ex Rover then, but you don’t know him from Adam.

He could literally be anyone, just claiming these things online. 
Very trusting....

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Stuart said:

It’s great that things have improved but one does wonder how much Mowbray’s tinkering has cost us this season. Hopefully we can get into those play-offs at the end of the season and it won’t matter. We can both look back and say that Mowbray was right and we were wrong. However I can’t help but think that with more players fit we’d have been chopping and changing and much less consistent.

If we could cut our squad down to 14 players Tony T wouldn't be so bad after all.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, tomphil said:

New contract needed new found form probably.  Glad he's fit, well and playing but i'd be careful before handing him a new deal. Do we want to go over old ground yet again instead of actually going to the trouble of signing a winger or a decent striker.

Not for me.

Caution advised by me too.  It's way early days yet.  He's been out so long if he can't come back fired up after that??  I'd let things level out a bit first, let the initial enthusiasm wear of but by golly.he did look good didn't he.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Stuart said:

It’s great that things have improved but one does wonder how much Mowbray’s tinkering has cost us this season. Hopefully we can get into those play-offs at the end of the season and it won’t matter. We can both look back and say that Mowbray was right and we were wrong. However I can’t help but think that with more players fit we’d have been chopping and changing and much less consistent.

One also has to wonder would we have seen the team we saw had all our "stars" been fit.  Would we have played so committed and actually looking like a football TEAM more than a bunch of disjointed talented players with no common purpose looking lost with no apparent game plan.  One thing I have noticed in the last two games is we actually looked like we WANTED it. If only we had gone out that way against Fulham, I think that was a bollocks dropped by ToMo cos I thought we could have done em if we had gone for it and ruffed em up a bit.  We stand a chance now to make a real statement against Brentford.  Fingers crossed for a Birminghamesque clangers or two from Agent Raya.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Caution advised by me too.  It's way early days yet.  He's been out so long if he can't come back fired up after that??  I'd let things level out a bit first, let the initial enthusiasm wear of but by golly.he did look good didn't he.

The old adage you don't become a bad player, manager etc over night.  You don't suddenly become a good one either.

All one needs to do is go back and read threads when he was playing regularly. It's this division as well we know by now they are mostly bang average players who can play well well, poor, average in little spurts. That's the thing we need to improve on to move forwards the comfort zone at Ewood has been notorious. 

The thing with Dom Sam for me is he isn't a winger and he isn't a striker with a good scoring potential either. Him gone and brereton out on loan next season frees up a decent wedge to put towards something better.

That's how it just has to be looked at harsh as it sounds, we aren't running a home for average players or those carrying injuries nobody else wants.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

https://thefishy.co.uk/formtable.php?table=2

Top of the form table for the last 6 games: Rovers

Most goals scored in the last 6 games: Rovers (13), Derby (13) - no-one else has more than 10

Least goals conceded in the last 6 games: Rovers (3)

The big difference between this run and previous good runs is the quality of our defending. Even when outplayed and deservedly beaten by Fulham we were very tight defensively and limited Fulham to a few chances.

I would say our chances of making playoffs rest on the back five staying fit above all else. Swap Leut, Williams or Bennett in there and it falls apart. Also Travis, Downing and Armstrong's availability crucial.

For all eight of those players to stay fit and play 13 games (plus the playoffs if we make it) is a major ask. But it has happened.

• Like 6

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Need to get through the rest of this hectic month without anymore injuries. As TM says, players like Downing are wrapped in cotton wool training wise and just playing games.

After Feb there is only one midweek game left, plus a two week international break.

Also, we are losing Lenihan for two games at some point given his yellow card tightrope. Will be a massive miss.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Also, we are losing Lenihan for two games at some point given his yellow card tightrope. Will be a massive miss.

If it happens soon when Williams is also injured we are down to a frozen out Mulgrew or a young lad like Carter who would be a complete gamble in a play off push.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

If it happens soon when Williams is also injured we are down to a frozen out Mulgrew or a young lad like Carter who would be a complete gamble in a play off push.

Yep. Mulgrew and Tosin would not complement each other well at all, so Del needs to get back fit as I can see Lenihan getting a booking at the Bees on Saturday. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Not saying they weren’t. But they weren’t posts of someone well in with club staff.

Nope, they were posts from someone who doesn’t personally know the attendees at the meeting. (Mowbray, Waggot and Cheston). As I’ve stated openly on many occasions. 

So if my being appreciative to @J*B for the opportunity and being respectful of the attendees / cautious of what I said afterwards = ‘star struck’ then I’m happy to be so. In fairness, I privately told most of those who I wanted to and left out the ones who I think have negative agendas.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

https://thefishy.co.uk/formtable.php?table=2

Top of the form table for the last 6 games: Rovers

Most goals scored in the last 6 games: Rovers (13), Derby (13) - no-one else has more than 10

Least goals conceded in the last 6 games: Rovers (3)

I would have found it amazing 9 months ago to think that we could top such a table without any goals from Dack, Graham and Mulgrew.

• Like 5

On 16/02/2020 at 13:17, Stuart said:

And see there in a nutshell os why you can't really argue with some of the mowbray out brigade if we had lost it would have been he should have strengthened in jan yet we win and it's how much has he cost us in the past can we not give credit where credits due.

I by the way dont think he should go the playing side of our club is in a much stronger way than when he took over and we appear to be improving as time goes by a knee jerk sacking could undo a lot of the positive work that's been done.

• Like 1

• J*B unpinned this topic
10 hours ago, USABlue said:

One also has to wonder would we have seen the team we saw had all our "stars" been fit.  Would we have played so committed and actually looking like a football TEAM more than a bunch of disjointed talented players with no common purpose looking lost with no apparent game plan.  One thing I have noticed in the last two games is we actually looked like we WANTED it. If only we had gone out that way against Fulham, I think that was a bollocks dropped by ToMo cos I thought we could have done em if we had gone for it and ruffed em up a bit.  We stand a chance now to make a real statement against Brentford.  Fingers crossed for a Birminghamesque clangers or two from Agent Raya.

I just hope that these players keep their places when the others are fit. We have been at our best when we have picked a consistent side. With the run in, it’s the perfect time to challenge these players to keep their places and right to expect the returnees not only to be patient but support the teammates who have come in.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

And see there in a nutshell os why you can't really argue with some of the mowbray out brigade if we had lost it would have been he should have strengthened in jan yet we win and it's how much has he cost us in the past can we not give credit where credits due.

I by the way dont think he should go the playing side of our club is in a much stronger way than when he took over and we appear to be improving as time goes by a knee jerk sacking could undo a lot of the positive work that's been done.

It’s simple stuff but some are only interested in gloating.

If we had all of our players, would Mowbray have played a consistent XI?

The answer, based on the evidence, is no.

Personally I hope Mowbray is learning but just when you think he has, he lets you down again. We shall see. He has a great opportunity.

Sadly, messageboards as a discussion forum are dying because newer folk struggle to cope with the art of debate. We can no longer just “chew the fat” as @Mattyblue put it recently. Facebook and the slagging off culture is in the ascendency. Some people would be far more at home on there - and probably already are.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

‘Negative agendas’.

Like what?

There’s people coming on here hours after a 0-2 away win in the current circs demanding they manager be removed.

TBH it wasn’t the term I wanted to use for them. But ultimately if I choose not to interact with them because I believe they care about their own agenda more than the club then that’s my prerogative.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

It’s simple stuff but some are only interested in gloating.

If we had all of our players, would Mowbray have played a consistent XI?

The answer, based on the evidence, is no.

Personally I hope Mowbray is learning but just when you think he has, he lets you down again. We shall see. He has a great opportunity.

Sadly, messageboards as a discussion forum are dying because newer folk struggle to cope with the art of debate. We can no longer just “chew the fat” as @Mattyblue put it recently. Facebook and the slagging off culture is in the ascendency. Some people would be far more at home on there - and probably already are.

While you are entitled to that view my thoughts on the club is that Mowbray has been a positive force in the club and has so far taken us forward every year so far.

We all have a view on football management if it was as simple as we make out on here we would all be doing it.

• Like 1