BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I doubt it's 4-4-2. 

Chapman is lightweight too and has done little to nothing to warrant a starting place. Particularly if the stories about him refusing to play for the under 23s. 

Mowbray doesn't start Buckley, gets stick for not giving youth a chance,particularly one of the brightest prospects.

Mowbray starts Buckley, also bad. 

I think you are a little too focused on trying to highlight 

The Chapman rumours have snowballed again with perhaps slightly more foundation than the Maddison ones but still. But ultimately we lack natural width and our only natural winger I would like to get a chance within an injury crisis. Hes done little to warrant a start because hes never given a game. He certainly never looked as lightweight and ineffectual as Buckley has done.

Who has given Mowbray pelters for not starting Buckley? I have been very consistent on my view that basically every time he has featured he has looked well off the standard and physically lost. Indeed most have said the same.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Hope its a narrow 442 with Samuel and Armstrong together. Would have personally gone for Brereton over Samuel but suppose the latter would have felt hard done by, and Buckley is still lightweight and would have gone Chapman there.

Need to win today.

I'll be amazed if it's not 4231 with AA striker, Dom wide right, Downing left and Buckley at 10.

442 would mean Buckley right wing which I can't see.

Edit - for what it's worth I think Dom will be about as effective as Gallagher on the right, and Buckley will physically struggle.

I would have preferred 442, and played Chapman ahead of Buckley wide right. If we go behind/ struggle I could see this happening with the subs around half time or 60 mins.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 1

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

has anyone got a view on callum davenport,iv`e never even seen him play 10 minutes in the whole time he`s been here,i know he`s been injured but he signed with a good reputation

I assume you mean Jacob Davenport. He has played a bit, including fairly recently, and also got a little time late last season. Looks tidy and decent, and like he should be starting today instead of an immobile Johnson being made to play a third game in a week.

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Can’t lose, will accept a draw but a loss and it’s typical us/mowbray and season over 

I don't see a draw as particularly any better in terms of the season. If we drop 2 points today there is a high chance we will find ourselves 8 points off the playoffs. That's likely to prove too much, especially if we show we still can't dispatch basement teams.

I don't consider the draw unacceptable in itself though, as a lot of good teams have struggled at the Valley. I just think it will show we don't have enough. Tables can change quickly though I guess.

• Like 1

Just now, bluebruce said:

I assume you mean Jacob Davenport. He has played a bit, including fairly recently, and also got a little time late last season. Looks tidy and decent, and like he should be starting today instead of an immobile Johnson being made to play a third game in a week.

i agree,iv`e always though johnson was here for one last contract,never liked him as a player,and yes,jacob davenport,not the one who`s sister stabbed him!!!!!!!!