Would you sign Christian Walton

Would you sign Christian Walton ?   

137 members have voted

1. 1. Would you sign Christian Walton?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No

21 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Tosin is somebody I could see going on loan to say a Southampton next season, and being bought by them for like £20m a year later, only for City to pay double that a couple of years after that to sign him back if he impresses.

No chance is Walton is playing in the top flight next season, so fee depending that could be doable.

I would say he's at least a year off Premiership footie. Lenihan is still the better defender in my opinion.

I think we will have a decent chance to sign him come May. He's been good, but not outstanding, and he has a few errors in him. I would say far too casual for most premier managers.

• Backroom
4 hours ago, Prelude said:

After the last couple of games would anyone change there original vote?

I voted 'no' on the basis I don't think he'd come in as a no2 competing for the no1 spot (which I'd prefer) and I also think Brighton might set a high fee due to him being young and English. We could probably get better value for money abroad. With that said if he was willing to come in to compete with a more experienced keeper and if the fee was reasonable (no more than a million) then I'd change my vote to a yes. As it stands I don't think either of those scenarios are realistic, so I'm sticking with 'no' even though I accept his recent performances have been pretty good. 

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I would say he's at least a year off Premiership footie. Lenihan is still the better defender in my opinion.

I think we will have a decent chance to sign him come May. He's been good, but not outstanding, and he has a few errors in him. I would say far too casual for most premier managers.

To back this up I just watched back the highlights from yesterday (I was at the game) and Charlton's two best chances came from Tosin totally losing his man. Also highlights didn't show at least a couple of bizarre flicks he did which just served the ball to the opposition.

He's got all the attributes, but he won't be playing prem football until he cuts that out.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Agent talk. Inflate the fee and wages.

I’m warming to the idea of signing him as a number two.

Why would he come back as number 2 here after 1 season as number 1. ?

3 hours ago, Swanson said:

Good luck to him. Loads of talent there. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
56 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He's will be playing top division football in Premier League or Bundesliga next season. 

Big statement there Chadster. Not sure who "footballinsider247" are or indeed who their "source at Brighton" is (possibly a drunk local) but I'll be very surprised if Walton isn't playing Championship football next season again, whether it be here or with another club around us. Two loan spells at Wigan and a loan spell with us (as we sit in upper mid-table) doesn't spell automatic move to become No1 at a PL or Bundasliga club to me... but fair play to Christian if he does pull that off, it'll be some achievement!

I actually wouldn't be surprised at this point if he's our no1 next season, possibly on a permanent if the fee is reasonable. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, DE. said:

Big statement there Chadster. Not sure who "footballinsider247" are or indeed who their "source at Brighton" is (possibly a drunk local) but I'll be very surprised if Walton isn't playing Championship football next season again, whether it be here or with another club around us. Two loan spells at Wigan and a loan spell with us (as we sit in upper mid-table) doesn't spell automatic move to become No1 at a PL or Bundasliga club to me... but fair play to Christian if he does pull that off, it'll be some achievement!

I actually wouldn't be surprised at this point if he's our no1 next season, possibly on a permanent if the fee is reasonable. 

Clever though really. Probably a seed sewn on Twitter.

If we do sign him we’ll have “beaten PL and Bundesliga teams to his signature”. It’s all about the perception of value you see.

But...

He’s 24 so still has his best years ahead of him. Problem is we don’t have the set up to develop goalkeepers and we have zero competition for the shirt. If we were serious about our ambitions we’d have a PL number two (disgruntled) or number three (just wanting to play, or highly rated, up-and-coming for experience) in on loan and Walton challenging for the jersey.